What are you listening to at the moment?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
TIL

I loved it growing up - exposed me to so much great music...
i remember tuning in for the first video. Buggles, Video Killed The Radio Star, it was pretty damned cool. the only thing they didnt have was a metal show at first. Headbanger's Ball came later. what was really fucking cool were the knockoff video shows that popped up all over TV. there was Friday Night Videos on NBC, was one on ABC with Carlos from 92KTU. on USA there was something called NightFlight and my ultimate favorite was the local public access channel called U68 (formerly WHT) which had "Metal Mania"/"Power Hour" every night at 11pm. i discovered so many metal bands on there. i made a 6 hour VHS with just those videos. its been lost to time or i would have uploaded it to Youtube by now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
i remember tuning in for the first video. Buggles, Video Killed The Radio Star, it was pretty damned cool. the only thing they didnt have was a metal show at first. Headbanger's Ball came later. what was really fucking cool were the knockoff video shows that popped up all over TV. there was Friday Night Videos on NBC, was one on ABC with Carlos from 92KTU. on USA there was something called NightFlight and my ultimate favorite was the local public access channel called U68 (formerly WHT) which had "metal mania" every night at 11pm. i discovered so many metal bands on there. i made a 6 hour VHS with just those videos. its been lost to time or i would have uploaded it to Youtube by now.

I was still in diapers but I have seen a VHS tape! Headbanger's Ball clips on YT are great...

Having older siblings also exposed me to some diverse music...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
My music preferences are diverse to say the least...

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users