What are you listening to at the moment?

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Brand New just dropped their last record so of course, I'm playing that on a loop. So far, I'd still put it behind Devil and God though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

Been going through and listening to bands that were popular when I was younger, but never got to hear their entire album. These guys are way better than I had imagined. This song my favorite of theirs so far:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Bassnectar sounds like an artist that 17-year-old me would've listened to driving around in my $3000 stereo attached to a $1000 car. Even still, can't stop listening to this lately

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Been going back to a lot of the old Wax Trax! / TVT stuff lately. Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Meat Beat Manifesto, etc.. etc..

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

My father is a huge fan of Johnny Winter. About six or seven years ago I saw he was going to be playing nearby. I wanted to buy us tickets. My dad didn't even realize he was still alive and was excited. I watched a few videos of Johnny playing recently (at the time) and... I basically blew it off and "got busy" to save my father the disappointment because I knew he wouldn't go alone.

It's really soul crushing to see how he deteriorated in old age. I mean do what you love, whatever, but to be wheeled out and have people holding up your guitar at points, it was just... I don't know really, it was pitiful in the literal sense. I felt pity on Johnny and I didn't want my father's memory (having seen him live many times in his prime) to be destroyed.

Maybe I'm an asshole for doing that, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. Johnny of course died a few years later on tour. I don't get these great musicians playing into irrelevance to the point where they can't even competently perform anymore. I get why they do it but, I wish they wouldn't. I don't know.