What are you listening to at the moment?

Szlia

Last time I accidentally found some weird italian hip-hop, this time I purposefully looked for that russian hip-hop track I heard in a silly russian movie (How Viktor “The Garlic” Took Alexey “The Stud” to the Nursing Home). Considering the 3 million views on youTube I assume it's popular? Anyway I searched for it because of the strophe that starts at 1:30 that is a long list of substances. I wonder why no one made that one before... more likely: 20 people made something similar before and I never encountered it.

I don't even know the name of the artist because... well... cyrillic.. Pika? So pike or spade?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Along with hearing "Everlong" for the first time after moving to America from Hong Kong I would put listening to "Siamese Dream" by Smashing Pumpkins as one of the most influential records in my life. I had never heard of shoegaze so those Guitars just blew me away. To this day still think SP at it's peak had a unique fusion of Metal, Shoegaze, Arena Rock, Power pop, Psychadelia, early modern alt like the pixies, and Symphonic rock that still sounds totally unique decades later. It's a crie they are not in the Rock Hall of Fame imo.

Mayonnaise is one of my fav songs ever.

The lyrics seem like awkward high school poetry in a way but they are just perfect in this song as it seems to capture Corgans Sadness, Hope for redemption, longing for acceptance, and desire to be his own man almost perfectly.

Another fav of mine, not sure why they never released it on a Main album, just shows the absurd quantity and quality of Corgans output in his peak.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would put listening to "Siamese Dream" by Smashing Pumpkins as one of the most influential records in my life.

Yeah, it's easily in the top 5 "most influential" for me, maybe even top 3. SP were amazing during that era. Even Mellon Collie was pretty fucking good. There are a shitload of hits on that album and "Porcelina of the Vast Oceans" is one of my all-time favorite "zen" songs. It always reminds me of the Oregon coast and good times at the beach.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users