What are you listening to at the moment?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is kinda impressive considering the band is in their 80s at this point.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The older I get the more it stuns me at how truly talented old Elvis was. He couldn't read or write music and operated almost entirely on gut instinct. I was born almost a decade after his death. Hail to the King. We won't see someone like him for centuries.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The older I get the more it stuns me at how truly talented old Elvis was. He couldn't read or write music and operated almost entirely on gut instinct. I was born almost a decade after his death. Hail to the King. We won't see someone like him for centuries.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>

In 1972 my dad owned a theater and the event of the year was the documentary movie "Elvis On Tour." The distributor sent us two huge boxes of 45 rpm records, along with tour posters and and a life-sized cutout to put outside the theater. Though the records were mostly Elvis, there was also a good variety of other artists. We spent a Saturday afternoon playing them through the theater's system: an RCA turntable hooked up to a mono tube amp playing through two 15 inch speakers and a massive horn tweeter in a rack behind the screen. I got to help run the projectors on opening night and watch the movie through the view port in the projector room. It was one of the few movies where there was a line-up down the block, and people stood in line for two hours to catch the second screening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Elvis sucks! I would rather listen to the first 5 Beatles albums on repeat for a year than sit through a single playing of an Elvis record!

Anyway, here is Istanbul (Not Constantinople):

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users