What are you listening to at the moment?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This guys voice is just so powerful.

My kid has been taking drumming lessons, and the teacher asked him if there's any songs he wants to play. Surprisingly, he came up with Believer by Imagine Dragons. I had no idea he even knew what that song was because it was on the radio only a little around when he was born. September of '17. I had no idea he would remember the song itself, much less the name of the song.

Anyway, I started playing him some drum covers of Disturbed, and he really likes the Down With the Sickness drums, but they're way above his level at this point. But he'll get into it eventually.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My kid has been taking drumming lessons, and the teacher asked him if there's any songs he wants to play. Surprisingly, he came up with Believer by Imagine Dragons. I had no idea he even knew what that song was because it was on the radio only a little around when he was born. September of '17. I had no idea he would remember the song itself, much less the name of the song.

Anyway, I started playing him some drum covers of Disturbed, and he really likes the Down With the Sickness drums, but they're way above his level at this point. But he'll get into it eventually.
Here's a great beginners lesson. Enjoy!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
T-Pain is legitimately a generational talent. Guy popularized auto-tune while also having one of the best natural voices of all time.

The album is "On Top of the Covers" and it's incredible

Geez, that should be in the "Best Covers" thread.

"Tennessee Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton made its way into my daily drum practice, and dude fucking crushed it.

And that "War Pigs" cover. Yeesh!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watching Vanilla Sky and this came on. I forgot this song even existed, but I know all the words anyway.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not sure how this song randomly popped in my head. I probably haven't heard it since high school.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
My favorite band right now. King Gizzard is so prolific. They're still young and have like 25 albums. I know I've posted about them before, but they really are the best rock band around right now.

The Australian psychedelic rock scene is so fucking good. I want to go to a music festival there to see the up and coming stuff.
I enjoy their music a lot, but I also think they suck for charging $40+ for a goddamn t-shirt.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I enjoy their music a lot, but I also think they suck for charging $40+ for a goddamn t-shirt.

Ever been to one of their shows? The merch line is so long I've seen people wait over half the show to buy one of those shirts.

Demand is there for $40 shirts.

• 1Picard