What are you playing?

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My game schedule is equal parts Stardew Valley, Kenshi, and WoW Classic for Wrath.

I live in 2010.
I'm around the same time. I play Civ 5 and fuck around with modding Skyrim.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Been playing Two Point Campus, having a blast, it's very similar to Two Point Hospital but they've refined a lot of things and improved on just about everything.

Fair warning though, the game (at least on Switch) crashes pretty often (like once an hour or so) once your campus gets big enough (probably some kind of memory leak issue, TPH had the same problem). There's an auto-save so you rarely lose more than a minute's worth of work, but do save often if you just did something tedious.

EDIT : the game became near unplayable on the last level due to constant crashes every few minutes or so, basically the campus has to become so large and crowded that the game slows to a crawl and crashes every 10 minutes at most. I checked online for solutions (none worked) and it's happening to a lot of people, mostly on consoles from what I can see, so I recommend the game if you're into that kinda stuff but definitely on PC. I did manage to finish my last campus and the game, but it took a LOT of patience because the loading times are very long on huge maps, and with about 50+ crashes on the last map that took a lot of loading (and a lot of saving every time I put something down or do anything). Hope they patch this, it's a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:

Otto

I'm playing a lightly modded System Shock 2 again for the first time since 99. The game oozes atmosphere even after all these years. The one recent game that comes close to recapturing the magic was Prey 2017 by Arkane Studios.

I'm also modding the hell out of Fallout: New Vegas for another play through. Using Tale of Two Wastelands - Index page to combine Fallout 3 and New Vegas into one game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Played the second one and enjoyed it, so Im playing through this right now. Enhanced is pretty much just like the second one with all the upgrades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
i try to stick to one or the other thing and finish it ... but I suck at it ;)

XBOX : the evil within 2
SteamDeck : Aperture Desk Job (just finished) > damn I miss games like portal & portal 2 (just for the atmosphere and humor)
Phone : Hearthstone (time waster when need to wait)

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Basically, it's a cool RPG set in the Peter Jackson Lotr film trilogy, so as you can imagine it include all the cool music's and sounds from the movies.
Gameplay in Third Age is split into two different modes: third-person exploration through a 3D overworld, and combat mode, consisting of turn-based gameplay.

So far i'm having a blast, it's emulated well on PCSX2.

Thirdagebox.jpg

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Basically, it's a cool RPG set in the Peter Jackson Lotr film trilogy, so as you can imagine it include all the cool music's and sounds from the movies.

Thirdagebox.jpg

I got this on PS2 for $3 at a thrift store back in the day. Never played it and it's on a shelf with like 8 other PS2/Xbox games I got at the thrift store for similar amounts. Stuff like The Darkness 1+2 and Jade Empire.

I hear it's like Final Fantasy X and really good. It also might be the only LOTR game in existence where you actually get to
fight Sauron.

Did some of Last of Us 2, then switched gears to Resident Evil 1 Remastered. Had that one for five years, finally getting to it now. It feels super dated to say the least. It's definitely classic though. Looks like I got about halfway through it in the first playthrough. This means I'll finally get to RE2 Remake soon. That one looks so much better

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks sick.

B94EB3BB-4E4E-4E26-8A3D-CB7A9EB459B8.jpeg

For real though, I would’ve loved that in the ps2 days. Being burned on licensed games so much back in the day led me to avoiding them by the time this was out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks sick.

View attachment 433128

For real though, I would’ve loved that in the ps2 days. Being burned on licensed games so much back in the day led me to avoiding them by the time this was out.

Yeah, same here, unfortunately.

As a kid I managed to enjoy the hell out of LOTR Vol 1 on the SNES. I'm not sure how though...went back to it as an adult to beat the game (I never was able to get through the final dungeon as a kid) and was appalled at how bad it actually is. Used a password to skip to the final dungeon and did it.

Back in the PS2 games I didn't give this game a shot and I think it would have been a great time if I had. Nowadays it's really hard to go back to PS2 games. PS3+ are okay, this LG OLED C1 makes PS3 games look almost like PS4 (and PS4 looks almost like PS5, and PS5 looks...well, better). Unfortunately even this TV can't work miracles, and PS1 and PS2 look pretty bad now. Or at least the 3D ones. I think pre-HDTV 3D just doesn't mix with modern TVs.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I sat down and mowed lawns in Lawn Mowing Sim yesterday afternoon while the kid was at daycare and...I didn't hate it. Oddly relaxing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FINISHED RESIDENT EVIL 1 REMASTERED

Sorry, that one's been really hard for me to get into and I've had it for five years. It was in all of my planned game lists during the backlog challenges, but I never got to it.

Final time 13 hours, which seems pretty long for an RE game. I got lost a LOT. I see why it's a classic game and it's good if you really let yourself get lost in it. The mansion is a terrific setting. I'm really glad I got it done so it stops bugging me. I didn't have a ton of fun with it due to being lost so much, but I respect it, if that makes sense.

Moved on to Resident Evil 2 Remake, which is a full-on remake unlike the RE1 remaster. Now THIS I'm enjoying a lot more. Wasn't this GOTY in 2019 or something? Outstanding game here. Only problem is it's ending too fast, seems like it has about half the runtime of the RE1 remaster. I guess I could play it as both characters to get more mileage out of it.

After this I'll swing around and finish Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4. I guess I'm on a zombie kick or something. For October I'm thinking Mortal Shell and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I tend to get into these kinds of games at this time of year.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider

Man now I want to go back and play this.
Edit: got the bios to work. Off we go!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Just played and finished F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch on Switch.

Very solid Metroidvania game, quite similar to Ori in terms of gameplay and abilities but the aesthetic is very steampunk / post-apocalyptic stuff with anthropomorphic animals; you're a bunny rabbit with a huge mech fist strapped on your back that you can upgrade into other weapons that give you new abilities and combat styles, including combos you can switch on the fly, plus the usual abilities like dash / omni dash and the rest.

I played it on normal and the difficulty was just right, I died several times on a few bosses, but it never felt unfair, you learn the patterns and learn to slow down and what weapon or moves work best and you get through it. Exploring the entire map takes a loooong time and many of the collectibles are well hidden, but I finished it 100% with the entire map explored and every single collectible after like 20-25 hours so it's not bad.

The story is okay, it's not really the strong point of the game but it gets the job done, it's mostly the character design and overall atmosphere that's great, I wanted to go through the game to find everything, but the story wasn't super compelling.

Anyway, it's not a very recent release (came out a year ago on other systems), but I only just got it on Switch in physical edition, so I figured I'd share.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Resident Evil 2, almost done with Live-a-Live on Switch, basically on the final chapter.

Friend came over and got me to play Grand Theft Auto V for the first time. So now I'm playing that. Finishing the TLOU2 slog (which I'm about 25-30% of the way through) was next, but forget that, GTA V is freaking awesome. I think I'll just keep playing this.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
LOTR done. Great game a bit repetitive of course, but overall, i had fun.

Now it's time for another ps2 era game:
The_Thing_VG.jpg

Run at fullspeed on pcsx2 without any tweak. Didn't test but i think you can easily upscale rez @1080p without any slowdown or graphic artifact.
(it's also on pc and xbox)

• 1Like

Szlia

Brain Lord, for no particular reason. Actually I was testing a new SNES emulator (as I only had a very old one installed) and that's the first game that I picked in my list of, well, everything (it starts with B you see). Weird game. Not great, not terrible.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I got Yakuza: Like a Dragon for free via PS Plus, liked the game a lot, I really got to learn and care about the cast of characters. Amazingly anti-woke in this day and age. Since then, I've gone back and finished Yakuza 0, and that game did not disappoint even if graphics are dated. Currently working on Yakuza Kiwami, which I guess is a remake of Yakuza 1? I know there's a ton of Yakuza game but I'm only interested in playing the remade ones. If you like story-line games with interesting characters, I would definitely suggest this series. It's rare when you play games with characters of such depth that you remember them forever, like a Joel from TLOU, but I'll always remember Kiryu and Goro from now on.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got Yakuza: Like a Dragon for free via PS Plus, liked the game a lot, I really got to learn and care about the cast of characters. Amazingly anti-woke in this day and age. Since then, I've gone back and finished Yakuza 0, and that game did not disappoint even if graphics are dated. Currently working on Yakuza Kiwami, which I guess is a remake of Yakuza 1? I know there's a ton of Yakuza game but I'm only interested in playing the remade ones. If you like story-line games with interesting characters, I would definitely suggest this series. It's rare when you play games with characters of such depth that you remember them forever, like a Joel from TLOU, but I'll always remember Kiryu and Goro from now on.
The dev is Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. Japan, China, South Korea, they have more shit to worry about than "brownie" points.