What.cd

PKS

N00b
I actually bought Spotify premium based on What.cd's closure. It's okay. Got me into some new music at least. Rinsing my data though... To be honest I'd have both just for the chance of more stuff and the effort into the details and descriptions, the software and comics they had as well were great.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Red and Apollo are crushing Waffles for the most part. Most of What migrated to those two. I would say Red is probably the better of the two but not by much.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Would love an invite to either. All I have to offer in return is iptorrents though. Didn't really torrent much other than music. The few sites I'm still active on I'm well above 1.0, and have maintained for years. Man torrent leech I never use anymore, I'm guessing I've had that one for like ten years. I'll have to see if it has a join date, I'm curious now lol

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've got ya Hateyou. Message me with which one you want and your email.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think I have an invite to Apollo too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Same here, if anyone has an invite, id greatly appreciate one. All i have to offer is IPT though

I had a 1.0 ratio on what.cd with several hundred gigs uploaded and I have a 2.5 ratio on IPT with over a terabyte uploaded.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is apollo done? They've been offline for like a week and before that were down more than up.

Looks like waffles is active again though, been a while since I checked, I knew they were trying to get back up and rolling when what went down.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's not looking good for Apollo. Sucks because it's pretty solid when up.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah its basically a what clone, obviously without the same immense depth of content.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
They are migrating to a new host, since the the one admin who had the "keys to the kingdom" basically fell off the face of the earth.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
call me a cynic but i don't think we'll ever again get anything close to what what.cd was. with all the options for streaming music now between Spotify/Apple Music/Youtube and everything else, there just isn't the demand that there used to be for comprehensive music collections. just like there won't be another Napster/Kazaa, there won't be another what.cd

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think we will have another what. They had 130k or so members right? It had everything. The whole thing was awesome. Now 3 or 4 sites for music and most of those people have not been able to get into those yet. I don't think a lot of those guys will be coming back.

I started music torrents around Oink and a few others at the time. I had heard of music streaming but never really looked into it. But when What closed I was forced to find something. Spotify is what I liked the most and its more than what I'd thought it'd be. For me I'm on the fence because it's weird not to own music. But I'm sure people are like screw it full time streaming incoming.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are there any of these music sites that have a good selection of "industry only" music, like Hi-Finesse? That's really what I'd be after (can't even buy most of their stuff which I find annoying) and IPT doesn't have squat.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damn Apollo was up long enough for me to think it would actually last a while. Down again.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where should I download obscure/indie band albums from? I relied mostly on what.cd for all these years. Piratebay and IPT ain't cutting it for a lot of the stuff I want.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Looks like Apollo is down for good now. Shitty. If anyone has a redacted invite I would appreciate it.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Anyone have a Redacted invite? Im migrating my library from iTunes Cloud to Google Play...and of course, itunes randomly lost a song or two, so I have many albums that are missing or a song or two, and some of these albums will be impossible for me to find again, and are no longer available for purchase.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would love a Redacted invite as well. Still searching for one.