What class and race are you playing?

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Rangers are one of the best classes on TLPs its just most people don't know how to play them so they get a bad rap. We had ones that would parse consistently in Veeshans Peak and in ToV all through Velious. Most people just have no idea what they're doing and how to DPS properly. Their AC, agro, and defense makes them really good tanks in classic and Kunark as well.

You can solo a ton of stuff as a ranger in classic also. I used to heal the shit out of people after the bee island AE as well too and saved many a bad players life.

View attachment 132928

Very true. Even in 99 they were monsters in classic group content. I would tank and pull anything. Kunark tank/ac tables screwed them over for a while, but during Velious I would consistently parse at the top of of dps. I was pretty set on going SK or Monk but I may just play a ranger and level up something else after the first couple day rush. With the date being May 24th, I can give a solid 4 straight days of socking it up, but after that I wouldn't be able to devote as much time daily.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about boxing a ranger with my cleric but now everybody is rangering. Can't decide if I want a monk rogue or ranger now since I think there will be a ton of monks and rangers.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I was thinking about boxing a ranger with my cleric but now everybody is rangering. Can't decide if I want a monk rogue or ranger now since I think there will be a ton of monks and rangers.

What makes you think there will be a ton of Rangers?

rad

Lord of Guk
Fuck it. Going ranger now because I already played shm to death

xblartface_gif_pagespeed_ic_Wh9cuW5XJ_.gif

You lil bish.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Static lists indicate real low levels of rangers currently, fyi. I decided to throw in for bard. Such a cop out.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sk, troll or ogre.

Picked up a surface pro 4. If it works for eq without too many headaches then i'll probably box a de cleric.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sk, troll or ogre.

Picked up a surface pro 4. If it works for eq without too many headaches then i'll probably box a de cleric.

I have the surface book, and I don't have any issues with EQ. It is very similar.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Well finally figured it out. Want to try something totally new to me this time around, so Gnome Wizard it is. Can you ever have enough Wizards?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Well finally figured it out. Want to try something totally new to me this time around, so Gnome Wizard it is. Can you ever have enough Wizards?

Nope and Wiz are MUCH stronger than in era.

GNOMERCY FOR ALL!

Sterling

El Presidente
Wizards are monsters in Classic and Velious, but are pretty bad in Kunark, still quite good in luclin, but fall behind rangers in PoP/LDoN. And gnome is the right choice!

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
I am struggling a bit with class choice. I am already in a static that is open to anyone playing pretty much anything. At first I was interested in going Wizard, but they are so boring to level and since the static group is going hard to 50 I likely would kill myself before then. I then turned to doing monk as melee is more interactive (I was a rogue main on Sullon Zek for most of my EQ playing and fuck playing rogue in classic that shit is a charity case) and now I hear that rangers are actually good? What da fuq? The other class I was considering was mage but they become bitches in raids for mods rods and that summon crap, completely becomes a weak wizard at some point. A very very distant option would be an SK but I don't want to play a fattie so that sucks. Anyways, people who have done these TLP runs before can give me some advice I would appreciate it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best class choice is 100% what you're going to enjoy and keep playing. I wouldn't pay attention to what there is a ton of or less of as most people will cycle in and out of playing.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Monks are great, once kunark is up they get increased damage that with epic makes them top dps for awhile. They added in these AA's that buff melee dps like 10% at level 55 or 60 I forget, and yeah rogues get increase but with monk epic it's not even close. I'd still say 2boxing if you plan on being able to farm anything unless youre a necro or a shaman I suppose. monk shaman is nice. they fixed illusioning through doors though, although korrupt has a trick to get past it i guess. me i'd go for necro shm or ench clr for 2box. ench clr is pretty OP farming with charm pet but boring in raids, shaman I wouldnt bring to a raid (buffs lulz) and necro is fun on raids, occasional charm pet in pofear. mage would only be good to level up fast then PL yourself a new class with DS.

Does the run forward into door /q and then hold forward when re-entering the world still work? lol