What classes from all other MMOs would you bring back into a new Game?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
One of the best EQ groups I was in was 3 rogues and a bard. It was in Old Seb when the content was still pretty tough, none of us were max level, fighting our way to and around disco. The rogues just stood in a triangle formation taking turns backstabbing and sharing damage. The bard did bard things. I think we added a second bard at some point just for the fun of it and it worked even better. Never even filled the last spot, pissing off quite a few tanks and clerics offering their services, not understanding they'd only slow us down.

My other best groups were always with a friend who played enchanter like Evel Knievel. We even had a monk regular who was great dps, but wasn't allowed to pull because it took too long. Usually there would be a mob or two mezzed waiting in camp to kill as the enchanter pulled. Just as often they were already at half health because he'd charm mobs, let them duke it out, and then bring them to be finished off.

I guess that was the fun of EQ, though, it was far more flexible than a lot of people give it credit for.

Vanguard was similar, where there was a lot of versatility and some crazy combos could end up very successful. It sucks that I never got to see my dream realized of a group of all blood mages spreading damage around, burning shit down. BMG 1 scarring pacts 2 and keeps targeted for life-tap heals, 2 keeps 3, etc, spamming Entwine Vein (lifetap heal), it critting so the AoE crit-triggered heal would be available (shit was like 80%+ uptime on my BMG, so a group would be chaining that shit, and was decent damage too), taking turns with the big HoT that took pact points instead of mana, charming and rooting mobs as needed, but really the more the merrier just AoE them down as I used to AoE drain tank to solo anyhow. I can't recall if the dots stacked, but wouldn't matter, it would be a pure healing-via-damage whirlwind. I think it could have been the most unstoppable group of all time. Or at least hilarious.