What do you love to do inside when the weather sucks?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have a hard time finding things that I find enjoyable. Gaming is enjoyable some times, but too rarely. I used to love to read books, but that was a very, very long time ago. Now I'm mostly binging youtube, starting with serious interesting thing, and quickly degenerating into youtube shorts with narcissistic hot girls (or Anatoly pretending to be a cleaner, those are actually really funny, you should look it up). Those "thumbnails", man... Caveman go whoop whoop. I also love working out, but the body can't handle more than a few times per week. Playing online co-op with friends can be awesome, but they grew up for some stupid reason and don't have as much free time as I do.

I recently deactivated Facebook and Twitter (now X). Peoples lack of basic logic made me rage quit. Spent a looot of time debating there. Young and naive.

How about you?
You need to build/create something physical, imo. Most other recommendations I saw are some flavor of consumption.

I think you need to suite that advice to your own particular interests, but a few very small ideas that are easy to get started with -

1. Get a Dremel, a few tools and some bleached cow bones from the pet store. Carve necklaces/earrings. Try to carve Maui's hook. I got into this about 10 years ago because I already had a Dremel laying around and I had very little shop space, but wanted to make something with my hands. Obviously it's frustrating at first, but it becomes therapeutic quickly. It took me about a week to make a decent one the first time.

2. Cardstock models. I got into this for a bit after my daughter was born because it's whisper quiet and I could do it while she was sleeping in a chair next to me. Dirt cheap and quick payoff.

I wouldn't blame you if neither of those appeal to you, but the general idea is creating something physical, not having a screen in front of you, and not having it be a "chore". Personally, I am much more relaxed and at ease when my recreation time is something that's improving my skills in something, whatever that is.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting inputs.

Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
After a brutal, hot, dry as fuck 5 month summer we are finally getting some rain and I'm getting out in it. Love it. If not, then I'm jerking off, taking a nap, or playing Xbox. Really need to be installing some ceiling fans around the house and painting though. Meh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user