What makes your skin crawl?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
People always talk about nails on a chalkboard.

For me, its the sound mixing they use on every talk radio show ever, that turns people with even slightly deep voices into this unlistenable grating drone. This sound that makes the fillings in your teeth vibrate. Its enraging and disturbing on some kind of visceral level. The complaint isnt deep voices, its the sound mixing that every radio show uses. Deep voices in real life are soothing and pleasant. Something they do in radio sound mixing makes them artificial and maddening, like a buzzing mosquito.

NPR is the worst. Because you get that irrationally disturbing droning of the artificially deep voice combined with some sanctimonious prick talking about how important it is that we raise awareness about the importance of public radio.

Literally like nails on a chalkboard, theres no rational reason it should be an issue but it is infuriating on a level that cant be ignored, you can only change the station til its over.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Hillary eating "a hot dog with no bun." I'm not even talking the tin foil hat interpretation.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm trying to think of the last skeevy thing that made my skin crawl.

I honestly think I might be broken.. because i'm coming up empty.

I guess the closest I got was I found a cat that had been dead for a few days and she had become a maggot farm. That did make me skeevy for a few seconds. I just wasn't expecting to find that first thing in the morning.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
When the public restroom is lined up ten deep behind every urinal and you spy a lone empty stall only to discover that it was left empty because not only is it overflowing with poop, but poop that that appears to be from at least a half dozen different people / species. Black turds, brown turds, green turds, huge curling anaconda logs, undisgested mystery chunks, blood and puddling-like drizzle on top, and evidence of people who attempted to saw their way through it all despite the resulting messy splatter. People who no doubt smiled proudly at the next unsuspecting victim as they exited, as if everything was normal and they deserved full credit for the growing horror.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
b1119aac87c2d3029c78417e1699a896.jpg

Gets me every fucking time.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Anything with fucking fingernails. I trim mine constantly because I start getting fucking paranoid about one bending on something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user