What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SmartSelect_20220205-102527_Chrome.jpg

Ignore the tire stuff. But debating if it's worth editing my order to add the 4k tow packageon the maverick. Mainly for resale, and maybe the extra buffer in capability if i load the bed or need a small trailer at some point.

Just seemed cheap enough putting me from 30 to 31k cost. Without it towing payload is 2k... on other hand unsure of mpg penalty going with a more aggressive drive ratio

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 396884

Ignore the tire stuff. But debating if it's worth editing my order to add the 4k tow packageon the maverick. Mainly for resale, and maybe the extra buffer in capability if i load the bed or need a small trailer at some point.

Just seemed cheap enough putting me from 30 to 31k cost. Without it towing payload is 2k... on other hand unsure of mpg penalty going with a more aggressive drive ratio
I’d say it’s worth it, that’s pretty cheap. Better to have and not need it than the other way around. You’d regret not having the capacity if you need it, doubt you’d regret $700.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 396884

Do you plan on towing? 4K is still pretty limited..

Sludig

Do you plan on towing? 4K is still pretty limited..
I inferred I don't, just if i ever have to. Vaisala i looked at it as zero effective towing to i should be good to take a small trailer with my motorcycles when i move in a year or just peace of mind that this cheap piece of shit won't overheat just hauling a couch.

Someone posted a video of I've with a blow off valve and someone angrily posted it wasn't a Honda. I pointed out its cost to a civic with a bed than a truck.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I inferred I don't, just if i ever have to. Vaisala i looked at it as zero effective towing to i should be good to take a small trailer with my motorcycles when i move in a year or just peace of mind that this cheap piece of shit won't overheat just hauling a couch.

Someone posted a video of I've with a blow off valve and someone angrily posted it wasn't a Honda. I pointed out its cost to a civic with a bed than a truck.
Dunno. Think you gotta make this decision on how much $700 is relative to you and weigh it against the peace of mind of towing capacity. 🤷‍♂️

Axiel

Molten Core Raider

If you do much expressway driving you'll notice the difference, mileage shouldn't change too much elsewhere. Maybe don't get it if you're using this as a commute vehicle for very long.

Sludig

Dunno. Think you gotta make this decision on how much $700 is relative to you and weigh it against the peace of mind of towing capacity. 🤷‍♂️
Well hateyou had the right take i think. 700 is t that much to me, I'm just allergic to wasting money excessively.

This of course silly since i think I've settled on after the jag I want the newly updated raptor.

Sludig

If you do much expressway driving you'll notice the difference, mileage shouldn't change too much elsewhere. Maybe don't get it if you're using this as a commute vehicle for very long.
90% 75mph interstate. However showtime speeds since its intended for bad weather or moving bulky stuff. Decent weather still will be bike/jag. /shrug

I did go ahead and have them add it.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Well hateyou had the right take i think. 700 is t that much to me, I'm just allergic to wasting money excessively.

This of course silly since i think I've settled on after the jag I want the newly updated raptor.
I’m confused. You’re buying this and a jag? You’re concerned about towing when you’re gonna get a raptor eventually?

Sludig

I’m confused. You’re buying this and a jag? You’re concerned about towing when you’re gonna get a raptor eventually?
Don't walk into the conversation late. 🤷‍♂️

I've had a F type, posted about it a fair bit and not that many pages ago. But it aint lasting forever so in another couple years I'll replace it and go back to a cool truck. Had a Tundra b4 the jag.

If the Raptor happens I'd probably be selling both as it performs fun car and winter/haul needs all 3 in 1!

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Don't walk into the conversation late. 🤷‍♂️

I've had a F type, posted about it a fair bit and not that many pages ago. But it aint lasting forever so in another couple years I'll replace it and go back to a cool truck. Had a Tundra b4 the jag.

If the Raptor happens I'd probably be selling both as it performs fun car and winter/haul needs all 3 in 1!
Sell all of this stuff and buy a diesel truck. Keep it for 15 years. Never have to visit this thread again. Can tow anything.

you’re welcome

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey guys, so I've got a 2011 Toyota Sienna with 150k miles on it that we picked up used off CL back in 2014. We've maintained it pretty well and it's been awesome for my 3 kids and still is pretty awesome. I'm not at all attached to the car itself and was considering that trading it in during this crazy market would be better than trading it in at other times. Or is the car too old to take much advantage of the current crazy market?

I've never bought a new car in my life, as I've gotten great bang for buck off CL or private auctions that family members get me access too. Still not sure I'd purchase new, but it wouldn't be all that bad if I could jump from a 2011 to 2018 or newer to get some of those QOL features. Like Bluetooth! lol

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hey guys, so I've got a 2011 Toyota Sienna with 150k miles on it that we picked up used off CL back in 2014. We've maintained it pretty well and it's been awesome for my 3 kids and still is pretty awesome. I'm not at all attached to the car itself and was considering that trading it in during this crazy market would be better than trading it in at other times. Or is the car too old to take much advantage of the current crazy market?

I've never bought a new car in my life, as I've gotten great bang for buck off CL or private auctions that family members get me access too. Still not sure I'd purchase new, but it wouldn't be all that bad if I could jump from a 2011 to 2018 or newer to get some of those QOL features. Like Bluetooth! lol
No clue what it is worth. Avoid Honda minivan at all costs. Friend has a new one and it is a complete pile.

Burns

The only way to benefit from a bubble in the auto market is to sell any spare vehicles, outright, then waiting for the market to level out. Trading it for a different vehicle does nothing; you may get more for it, just to pay more for something else.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only way to benefit from a bubble in the auto market is to sell any spare vehicles, outright, then waiting for the market to level out. Trading it for a different vehicle does nothing; you may get more for it, just to pay more for something else.
You're not wrong. Thanks for setting me straight. Will ride this puppy out!

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Anyone here ever owned a ford gt? My guy just contacted me that a 2nd generation recently became available for purchase. Also a Porsche speedster became available but Porsches are kinda lame.

• 1Harrow

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone here ever owned a ford gt? My guy just contacted me that a 2nd generation recently became available for purchase. Also a Porsche speedster became available but Porsches are kinda lame.

You shut your whore mouth, 964s are sex!

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
  • 1Harrow

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My bet is on electric vehicle fire and that's why they abandoned that shit.

• 1Like