What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Juke fixed but rough. I know the answer is probably don't do it. But never having shopped them much before, any advice/opinions on this guy? It's recently dropped down to 31k making it more reasonable it seems like compared to dealers a little. (Seen some I think PP1 gt 5.0's 5-10k miles for like $46k, but not sure it's apples to apples, but think that still makes dealer a better deal? I imagine both are still a bit inflated, but did see a video with mustangs on a list of like 10 slowest moving cars. (I'd certainly blend in so many out here).

Burns

Juke fixed but rough. I know the answer is probably don't do it. But never having shopped them much before, any advice/opinions on this guy? It's recently dropped down to 31k making it more reasonable it seems like compared to dealers a little. (Seen some I think PP1 gt 5.0's 5-10k miles for like $46k, but not sure it's apples to apples, but think that still makes dealer a better deal? I imagine both are still a bit inflated, but did see a video with mustangs on a list of like 10 slowest moving cars. (I'd certainly blend in so many out here).

Yea, those are hard to compare, being one is 4k miles "new," and the other has 70k miles on it. Don't know the market to know if $31k is a fair price. Prices should keep coming down on sports cars until at least march and car prices in general are trending down but shit can happen and change all that.

I was going to look for some Manheim MMR prices, but according to r/askcarsales the market is so fucked up that MMR isn't necessarily relevant because shit changes so fast. The following reddit post had an interesting reply, so I clipped it out (not much of the rest was helpful but included it so you can see what the original question was):
2022-09-17 08.29.43 www.reddit.com f446bbfe2407.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Before I sold my house and property just recently this was my $1,000 beater to move shit around the property. It lasted a long long time and made a couple of 400 mile trips which kind of blew my mind. I bought it sight unseen and my parents picked it up and kept it at the house till I went over to pick it up. Pre cash for clunkers.

Air/heat worked, windshield wipers worked, headlights worked, vinyl floor, cloth seats like work trucks should have. I put it in the the house/property sale, miss it lol. Even though I have 2 much newer trucks.

truck.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Be careful with the manual (non- gt350&500 models). It's a Chinese made manual and not very durable. The auto will be stout and quicker, but understandably not as fun.

5 liter mustangs aren't slow, so ignore that. Of course it's not a super car, but it's quicker than anyone actually needs.

Prices are definitely still inflated and you won't make it up later, so be sure you're comfortable with the cost now.

Sludig

Be careful with the manual (non- gt350&500 models). It's a Chinese made manual and not very durable. The auto will be stout and quicker, but understandably not as fun.

5 liter mustangs aren't slow, so ignore that. Of course it's not a super car, but it's quicker than anyone actually needs.

Prices are definitely still inflated and you won't make it up later, so be sure you're comfortable with the cost now.
ya, if I went auto I wanted newer the updated 10 speed is supposed to be great. I probably have no business with a over 400hp manual rwd anyways as I am only experienced in barely more than a miata awds. That and mostly commuting though fortunately not much stop n go here

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Before I sold my house and property just recently this was my $1,000 beater to move shit around the property. It lasted a long long time and made a couple of 400 mile trips which kind of blew my mind. I bought it sight unseen and my parents picked it up and kept it at the house till I went over to pick it up. Pre cash for clunkers.

Air/heat worked, windshield wipers worked, headlights worked, vinyl floor, cloth seats like work trucks should have. I put it in the the house/property sale, miss it lol. Even though I have 2 much newer trucks.

View attachment 433719
Getting ready to purchase some land myself and have a house built on it, and I'm in the market for this exact thing at the moment. You don't want to know what prices on "old but reliable work truck" are these days...

Sludig

Redundant since i Posted some of it above. But the mustang was an utter scam tgtb2 price. Sadly it makes the ford dealership next door that at least openly just put the markups on the cars, vs these fucks trying to hide it and even what your paying. Like not even sneak in a extra 10k, tldr where trying to bamboozle me into a 80k loan on a 46k car. Repost from a local forum below.

Well, came across a 22 Mustang GT w/ 5k miles. MSRP would have been about 56k, in normal times, mildly used, 50-52 would have been fair. In this market, a good deal probably would be 56-60. So my shock to find a dealer locally in Pryor with this listed at 46,500 had my interest.

Went in assuming a repaired wreck or smoked in. Couldn't find any indications of that. Go to talk turkey. Thought it was wierd kinda brushed past me hoping to wiggle and get a tiny dip lower. Instead the kid comes back with "short term" financing options instead of letting me discuss what what I was looking for (and really wanted to bring my own ideally) But I'm immediately wondering wtf, quotes were like $1800 for 48 months.... maths out to over $80k. (And I think this was with me planning to put 20k down) And a couple back and forths, and they only want to discuss monthly payments, so when I said my calculating ahead of time should have me in the $500-600 range on a 5 year with. So they come back with like $690..... but wont tell me the term. Cool guys, it could be a $100/m payment but does no good if it's a 5000 month term.

Finally talk to manager guy, basically make it clear I wont abide these games and I should probably just go because it doesn't appear the deal I thought was advertised is here vs what they need. I asked if I wrote them a check for the asking price + tax etc, I bet they wouldn't take it and he confirmed they wouldn't. I shoulda walked out then but I'm not the most confrontational. What ensued was them acting like giving in, and I had some hope when they started to act like they could work with me going a little higher and using my financing. At 50k, not so great a deal but well within what I might have expected pre covid. Go back to finance guy. Nope back to their financing and I wasn't ready to go through another retarded round of playing a game of giving me 2 of 3 numbers in the equation to hide the real figure the best they could.

Suffice to say. F*** you Pryor Patriot Jeep/Dodge etc. Leaving I looked and none of the cars had values listed on the few window stickers there were either. Straight up predatory dealership looking for country bumpkins that can't do math.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Redundant since i Posted some of it above. But the mustang was an utter scam tgtb2 price. Sadly it makes the ford dealership next door that at least openly just put the markups on the cars, vs these fucks trying to hide it and even what your paying. Like not even sneak in a extra 10k, tldr where trying to bamboozle me into a 80k loan on a 46k car. Repost from a local forum below.

Well, came across a 22 Mustang GT w/ 5k miles. MSRP would have been about 56k, in normal times, mildly used, 50-52 would have been fair. In this market, a good deal probably would be 56-60. So my shock to find a dealer locally in Pryor with this listed at 46,500 had my interest.

Went in assuming a repaired wreck or smoked in. Couldn't find any indications of that. Go to talk turkey. Thought it was wierd kinda brushed past me hoping to wiggle and get a tiny dip lower. Instead the kid comes back with "short term" financing options instead of letting me discuss what what I was looking for (and really wanted to bring my own ideally) But I'm immediately wondering wtf, quotes were like $1800 for 48 months.... maths out to over $80k. (And I think this was with me planning to put 20k down) And a couple back and forths, and they only want to discuss monthly payments, so when I said my calculating ahead of time should have me in the $500-600 range on a 5 year with. So they come back with like $690..... but wont tell me the term. Cool guys, it could be a $100/m payment but does no good if it's a 5000 month term.

Finally talk to manager guy, basically make it clear I wont abide these games and I should probably just go because it doesn't appear the deal I thought was advertised is here vs what they need. I asked if I wrote them a check for the asking price + tax etc, I bet they wouldn't take it and he confirmed they wouldn't. I shoulda walked out then but I'm not the most confrontational. What ensued was them acting like giving in, and I had some hope when they started to act like they could work with me going a little higher and using my financing. At 50k, not so great a deal but well within what I might have expected pre covid. Go back to finance guy. Nope back to their financing and I wasn't ready to go through another retarded round of playing a game of giving me 2 of 3 numbers in the equation to hide the real figure the best they could.

Suffice to say. F*** you Pryor Patriot Jeep/Dodge etc. Leaving I looked and none of the cars had values listed on the few window stickers there were either. Straight up predatory dealership looking for country bumpkins that can't do math.
Should send a message or give a call to a Tulsa news outlet (I assume that's your "local" channels) and see if a scummy (looks like a bait and switch to me) car dealer is something they would like to do a story on. Usually these types of bait and switch set ups are at fly by night used car shops, not some official new car dealer lot. So it may get some traction in the media.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should send a message or give a call to a Tulsa news outlet (I assume that's your "local" channels) and see if a scummy (looks like a bait and switch to me) car dealer is something they would like to do a story on. Usually these types of bait and switch set ups are at fly by night used car shops, not some official new car dealer lot. So it may get some traction in the media.

100% on board for publicly shaming and fucking over stealerships.

• 2Like

Sludig

100% on board for publicly shaming and fucking over stealerships.
what's funny is they are rated highly on reviews. though local gun forum says they are a known crook chain. maybe a local paper, but going to focus on state ag as many are dating is illegal not to sell to me for listed price minus tax title etc. I was only putting 20k down as rest of my cash on hand is house proceeds that's supposed to stay for homestead costs but may be worth dipping into to try fucking them. maybe make some money if I private party flipped it.

problem is how slow is ah, so what's to force them to not be retarded if I walk in with a check. amusingly they raised prove on website 2k to 48. trying to find old pages with the 46k list

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
what's funny is they are rated highly on reviews. though local gun forum says they are a known crook chain. maybe a local paper, but going to focus on state ag as many are dating is illegal not to sell to me for listed price minus tax title etc. I was only putting 20k down as rest of my cash on hand is house proceeds that's supposed to stay for homestead costs but may be worth dipping into to try fucking them. maybe make some money if I private party flipped it.

problem is how slow is ah, so what's to force them to not be retarded if I walk in with a check. amusingly they raised prove on website 2k to 48. trying to find old pages with the 46k list

These are the same cocksuckers that tried to fuck me on the Civic Si I posted about earlier in this forum. I was able to fuck them with Texas Law and get my money back but I don't know shit about Oklahoma law.

To re-iterate, these guys pushed me the closest I've ever come to gunning down someone and feeling it was justified. Fuck them into oblivion if you can and post your experience under the google reviews section. I wouldn't talk to them without some kind of call recorder as well.

Sludig

These are the same cocksuckers that tried to fuck me on the Civic Si I posted about earlier in this forum. I was able to fuck them with Texas Law and get my money back but I don't know shit about Oklahoma law.

To re-iterate, these guys pushed me the closest I've ever come to gunning down someone and feeling it was justified. Fuck them into oblivion if you can and post your experience under the google reviews section. I wouldn't talk to them without some kind of call recorder as well.
They are so dirty in half worried review bombs would try to see them do something sketchy like pull my credit a few times or something like that to fuck me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They are so dirty in half worried review bombs would try to see them do something sketchy like pull my credit a few times or something like that to fuck me.

Don't review bomb them. Just post your honest, well thought out and written experience with what happened. You go in there sounding like a lunatic and your review will be overlooked by more level headed people.

• 2Like

Sludig

I'd be extra motivated to fight them and try to get it for under 50. I did like most of it, comfy. just noticeably slower than jag imo and clutch was wierd compared to what I'm used to and 10 speed supposed to be much faster, more convenient if I daily. people said the manual until you get to the gt350 is garbage, I just thought it broke a lot.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is it really that hard to find a 20-22 GT down south? I've got my pick from a couple dozen of them up here in Chicago. Hell, you could still order a brand new one no?

And yea the base manual in the GT is a bit squishy but I'm dubious on the longevity problems people claim. Seems far more likely it's just a bunch of idiots smoking out their clutch too much. A swap to a nice-ass Tremec manual is not that expensive though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Getting ready to purchase some land myself and have a house built on it, and I'm in the market for this exact thing at the moment. You don't want to know what prices on "old but reliable work truck" are these days...

No idea. The pandemic royally screwed up prices on vehicles. I have two trucks and I got an offer for both for more than I paid for them new. One a 2008 Z71 with 60k miles on it that was my driver around "town" and on the property here. The other is a 2000 F250 diesel with 200k miles that I use to tow stuff.

Hopefully things are getting worked out but I wouoldn't bet on it.

Sludig

Is it really that hard to find a 20-22 GT down south? I've got my pick from a couple dozen of them up here in Chicago. Hell, you could still order a brand new one no?

And yea the base manual in the GT is a bit squishy but I'm dubious on the longevity problems people claim. Seems far more likely it's just a bunch of idiots smoking out their clutch too much. A swap to a nice-ass Tremec manual is not that expensive though.
order new and it will take 6 months plus and gamble your dealer tries to track on a market mark up. just mentioned this but maverick Buyers were fighting this a lot. order a 28k truck thru Ford then the dealer trying to only sign it over for like 36k.....

There's some available , but trying to stick any 150 miles of tulsa fairly slim pickings despite every 5th car being a mustang. the ones that are there are over 50k for over 30k miles.... Fuck ton of peasant ecoboosts on lots