What vehicle do you drive?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Posted about it earlier in this thread, bought a 2019 RAV4 XLE hybrid. Suffers from some not unexpected Toyota road noise and rattles, but have zero real complaints, both me and the wife love driving it (granted we upgraded from a bare bones 2007 Corrola). And with some Blizzak DMV2 winter tires, Alberta winter driving has been no issue.
RAV4 and CR-V amazing vehicles for the price.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The R looks much better than the weirdly spaced GTI on mine. I'm going to remove it when the weather improves.

I really want your wing but they don't sell it al a carte yet.

Have you had any quirks with your software yet? I keep getitng heated seats and wheels stuck in the on position. Been almost a year now and still no software update.
YES!

And it is so unpredictable. The radio will go dead for about 3 seconds every 2 minutes (when it occurs). I thought it might be a bluetooth/phone connectivity issue. It's not. When it happens (rarely) it is annoying as FUCK!

The other issue issue is the front assist warning light. It is 3x the size of the previous warning light and it will go on occasionally, seemingly randomly, and it scares the shit out of me when it does. It feels like the car is beginning to brake BY ITSELF. I have been known to pass people with little margin for error. Can't even attempt that (so maybe it is forcing me to be a more responsible driver). But when it triggers on an empty road in rural Vermont for NO REASON WHATSOEVER that is terrifying. It is picking up ghosts...

That and the TERRIBLE human interface system. Bring back knobs. Please. Touch controls and screens in cars are so stupid... unbelievable, really.
1685572998136.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
YES!

And it is so unpredictable. The radio will go dead for about 3 seconds every 2 minutes (when it occurs). I thought it might be a bluetooth/phone connectivity issue. It's not. When it happens (rarely) it is annoying as FUCK!

The other issue issue is the front assist warning light. It is 3x the size of the previous warning light and it will go on occasionally, seemingly randomly, and it scares the shit out of me when it does. It feels like the car is beginning to brake BY ITSELF. I have been known to pass people with little margin for error. Can't even attempt that (so maybe it is forcing me to be a more responsible driver). But when it triggers on an empty road in rural Vermont for NO REASON WHATSOEVER that is terrifying. It is picking up ghosts...

That and the TERRIBLE human interface system. Bring back knobs. Please. Touch controls and screens in cars are so stupid... unbelievable, really.
View attachment 475901
They make Bluetooth control knobs that you might be able to mount somewhere convenient. Does the Golf not have good steering wheel controls?

I don't usually order from Ali, but this was one of the first things to come up (I have something similar, but hardwired to my deck):
2023-05-31 18.38.56 www.google.com 59ec86bcc42d.png

• 2Like

Burns

I would be fine driving the Pepto Porsche if someone were to give it to me (on the stipulation I couldn't sell it) but I wouldn't pay full price for it. It looks better than I would think a pink Porsche would look, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Some things just aren't done.

I don't mind those inserts though, looks like the houndstooth they did on one of their retro models iirc. Caveat: I'm a sucker for inserts like this and the tartan ones on old Porsches and some of the customs like Singer out there. And I do like Porsche's new minimalist type dash+gauge cluster look.
Very sharp design IMO.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some things just aren't done.

I don't mind those inserts though, looks like the houndstooth they did on one of their retro models iirc. Caveat: I'm a sucker for inserts like this and the tartan ones on old Porsches and some of the customs like Singer out there. And I do like Porsche's new minimalist type dash+gauge cluster look.
Very sharp design IMO.

Agree on the cushion inserts. Lots of great options around.

That owner of that pink/orange turbo is very proud, but his friends are struggling to keep a straight face or hurt his feelings. To each their own I guess.

• 1Solidarity

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I love it. But I embraced that pink for a lot of my golf outfits because it matches my driver shaft (eyo).

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Like

Sludig

Agree on the cushion inserts. Lots of great options around.

That owner of that pink/orange turbo is very proud, but his friends are struggling to keep a straight face or hurt his feelings. To each their own I guess.
Unless he's an open fag, should have done a nice shade of purple at least

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I mean, I'd drive it but if it was given like Burns said. It's not a color I'd pick though.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Just picked this up. 1997 Suzuki JX Sport. Mechanically pretty sound but needs some help cosmetically. Bought it primarily to tow behind my RV but the 4wd will be fun when my wife and I go shooting or prospecting. More economical and handier than my pickup. Going to bedliner the bumpers and lower cladding in a sand color and leave the blue body alone for now. Really slow, 0-60 in about 15 secs but it's still a hoot to drive. Amazingly solid for a 3000lb truck. Eventually it'll get shocks and brakes but for now I have to get it ready to tow with baseplates, lights and braking system.

P1030019_1-L.jpg

Removed the cladding and bumpers. Stapled and plastic welded the cracks and painted everything with Durabak bedliner in sand color. Put it all back together with new fasteners. New tires, struts, shocks and 1" lift.

2023060317002322--754529793121111723--L.jpg

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hate to be that guy but I don't think that colour combination works all that well. Have you considered doing the trim in black?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Hate to be that guy but I don't think that colour combination works all that well. Have you considered doing the trim in black?
I did at first. If you look at the "before" picture, the PO had painted the rear bumper black after putting a huge crack in it and doing a shitty repair to it. It just looked too dark with the car being a dark blue to begin with. I tried to mimic the factory look of lighter colored trim pieces using available colors and not having a custom paint match.

• 1Like