What vehicle do you drive?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
20230902_123128.jpg

6 month ownership review of the m440i

1. Tech: the automatic parking function can get confused about parking direction when faced with driveways. Beware to pick the right direction.

The adaptive cruise control keeps more distance then the Audi one, which pisses me off.

The semi automatic drive mode is awesome up to 60 km/h in slow traffic, since it is fully autonomous. Above that speed you need a hand on the wheel, and if you are alone on a road with bad marking, it does weird shit.

When using Waze the HUD only gives partial info. This needs to be improved.

In general everything works well. The car actively prevents collisions which might have saved me once already.

2. Comfort

I have the electric sports seats which adjust in every way possible. Did some 12 hour+ drives, no complaints.

I get told the seatbelt tightener is too agressive. Personally I love it.

The HK sound system can make a lot of fine noise. Bass is really good.

The buttons feel solid, the galvanized door buttons are a must have, they are so much nicer.

There is remote activation of airco and heating. BUY A US MODEL, the European ones only remote start the 48v electrical system, while the US one starts the engine which offers much better results.

3. Mechanics

Factory says 4.5 to 100 kmph but the car can do better without launch control. Of course bmw states nominal values.

At 250 km/h gps speed you hit the limiter, which sucks. The car still feels safe and stable on the autobahn and feels like it can do at least 280.

This is my first car with a rear differential and it is awesome. Taking a short turn at high speed makes it propel you through on 3 wheels. Awesome feeling.

The engine sound is nice with open exhaust valves, with some cracks and burbles. Startup in a garage while in sport mode is especially nice.

The laser lights are insane, but probably not worth the 10k cost, unless you like driving hard on unlit roads, in which case you absolutely want them.

4. Fuel consumption

Less then my F series 428i when driving it the same way. Despite 2 more cylinders and 200 kg extra it consumes less when actively driven.

5. Overall

I'm very satisfied. I do hope a good ECU tune becomes available because the engine has a lot more in it.

Apparently the oem tire is no longer michelin ps which I find very weird.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More fake German. Did the first longer trip in the i3 in typical daytime traffic. Made zero effort to hypermile or anything, had AC on the whole trip and just went with traffic and slightly above speed limit where I could. 63 kwh total used which cost me €24.52 between home charging and fast charging at Tesla stations (which are now open to non-Teslas here).

Had I used my gasoline car at its typical 8.5 l/100km (27.6 mpg US) I would have used 32.3 liters of gasoline which cost €63 here. I spent a total of 43 minutes at charging stations enroute which I spent drinking coffee, taking a piss and shitposting on the internet. Not terrible for nearly €40 saved on a single trip.

1693679480443.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sir, BMW cars are looking so ridiculous they're eating into our market segment of complete trash front ends what do we do???

Mercedes-CLA-EV.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 10 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
And the tales of woe for my car this year continue....

Driving home from San Antonio to Dallas last week... A pick up in front of me runs over and flings the remains of an 18 wheeler blown out tire into the air and across the front of my beautiful CTS-v sport. Grille emblem.. gone. Three or 3 grill fins shattered... Bumper cover broken in two places, running light fixture mangled all to hell... Half the debris guard and sound proofing on the bottom screwed all to hell as well. I guess I'm still glad it hit and went under rather than hit and went into the windshield.. but still.... After a sweep of unexpected hail damage back in April I've about had it with "acts of God" screwing with my ride.

1694633865112.png

1694633914253.png

1694633955467.png

• 4Rustled
  • 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
And the tales of woe for my car this year continue....

Driving home from San Antonio to Dallas last week... A pick up in front of me runs over and flings the remains of an 18 wheeler blown out tire into the air and across the front of my beautiful CTS-v sport. Grille emblem.. gone. Three or 3 grill fins shattered... Bumper cover broken in two places, running light fixture mangled all to hell... Half the debris guard and sound proofing on the bottom screwed all to hell as well. I guess I'm still glad it hit and went under rather than hit and went into the windshield.. but still.... After a sweep of unexpected hail damage back in April I've about had it with "acts of God" screwing with my ride.

View attachment 490485
View attachment 490486
View attachment 490487

I'll never understand why people deliberately drive over tire treads.

• 1Picard

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'll never understand why people deliberately drive over tire treads.
In my case I had options.... once it was airborne and heading for me.
  1. Swerve left to avoid... Hit concrete barrier.
  2. Swerve right into car in the lane beside me.
  3. Tank the damage...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
  3. Tank the damage...

I've had to tank a few in my time, it's enraging

Burns

3. Tank the damage...
I feel your pain. I was boxed in as well and hit some steel frame/step that the semi-truck/trailer license plate was attached to, some years ago. It fucked up my radiator as well:

2023-09-13 20.21.26  974eb12f203b.png

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I had a small hit and run on my tesla 3 long range. They gave me a BMW 330 xdrive fully equipped. Last German car I drove was my MK6 2010 golf GTI. (Probably the most fun car I owned)

I still love the chunk noise they do when you close the door. It feel sturdy. Steering is nice and love the leg rest adjustment. Size is pretty much the same as my Tesla. I had no issue adjusting to it. Was fun to drive a gas car for a while. Last time was 4 years ago.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
  3. Tank the damage...

I think he meant the moron in front of you.

Driving home from Miami, the FL highways had a *shit ton* of debris. Car in front of me kicked up a plastic undercarriage piece that hit my car, but somehow did 0 damage.

But then an hour later I got low tire pressure warning. So a lot of new cars don't have spare tires anymore :*(

tired.png

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think he meant the moron in front of you.

Driving home from Miami, the FL highways had a *shit ton* of debris. Car in front of me kicked up a plastic undercarriage piece that hit my car, but somehow did 0 damage.

But then an hour later I got low tire pressure warning. So a lot of new cars don't have spare tires anymore :*(

View attachment 490667
At least that looks like solid copper ;)

Yeah, I have run flats and no spare as well....

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
After thinking long and hard about pulling the trigger on a Livewire Del Mar E-motorcycle. I said fuck it... and pulled the trigger on one of these instead.

IMG_0240.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users