What vehicle do you drive?

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
We Drive Toyota's EV Prototype with a Manual Transmission

Looks like they still have some work to do, but pretty cool.
Despite the "good ol' days" feeling, this is quite pointless since electric motors have an almost constant torque from low to high rpm. They should add 2 horses for the good ancient day also.
EV's are already very close to the manual feeling : when you push your pedals, you don't get the delay you'll have with an automatic.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Despite the "good ol' days" feeling, this is quite pointless since electric motors have an almost constant torque from low to high rpm. They should add 2 horses for the good ancient day also.
EV's are already very close to the manual feeling : when you push your pedals, you don't get the delay you'll have with an automatic.

It's not a question of almost constant torque; it's a question of fun. I enjoy rowing gears, and this also offers the option of shutting down manual mode in areas where it's not fun to row gears (e.g. in a traffic jam on I-30).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Paddle shifting isn't rowing gears, putting a big engine in a Mexican suv isn't making a sportscar.

I'm sorry you need wide seats / your legs are tired from work / wife won't let you buy one.

• 1Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
But why? It doesn't seem like a product segment that's a typical target for them. The only thing that makes sense is it's just a dumb auto trader competitor, but who cares really?
People that are willing to pay MSRP and don’t want to deal with shitty salespeople?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why would I want to pay MSRP though?
I’m not real up on how MSRP vs dealership prices are. Plus I hate the whole dealership experience, even though mine haven’t been terrible. Got our Tesla pre-Covid and the 4Runner is going strong coming up on 10 years old. If we needed to replace one of them right now, it would be with a Model Y.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought my last car online and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Dealer for new cars is basically an unneeded middleman at this point. The sales advisor at the dealer is only there to extract as much money from you as possible.

Several manufacturers are in the process of switching to a direct-to-consumer sales model where the dealer is only there to do test drives, maintenance and used cars sales. This needs a change in the law for many US states, which lobby groups of car dealers like the one below have been trying to stop. That alone should tell you that it'd be a good change for the buyer.

Several brands starting with direct sales in Europe in 2024.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Fuck dealerships, they've made their own bed and deserve their slow demise. I can't think of another product that has more layers of bullshit between me and getting an actual price on something. I'm for anything that means I don't have to set foot in one.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Race car shenanigans

IMG_4328.jpeg

IMG_4329.jpeg

• 8Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are actually about 8 inches off the ground, but the angle makes them look super low. My guess is it will run mid to low 7s in the quarter.

trying to figure out if I can upload a phone video the the forum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user