What vehicle do you drive?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks more like a puncture than a blowout. Was the tire pressure management working? Looks like they put in a regular valve stem although it might be using a different sensor, not too familiar with VW.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Officer, what do you mean "is it stock"?

View attachment 503712

I had a cop ask me that with a straight face about my rear wheels back when I drove one of these manly cars:

(It was fun to drive as a 5 speed manual)

Snakeskin_Green_2000_Insight_Passenger.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I had a cop ask me that with a straight face about my rear wheels back when I drove one of these manly cars:

(It was fun to drive as a 5 speed manual)

Snakeskin_Green_2000_Insight_Passenger.jpg
Some day wheel spats are going to make a comeback, mark my words!

I've always wanted to drive one of those in a manual. That's the only hybrid I can think of with one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So much for the nexens...
The tire blew out at 70 mph on the highway between a massive merger of 4 highways...
It blew out.

Then my engine starting smoking (I hope that it isn't blown).

Then 3 hours for AAA to pick me up.
Cars where coming within 6 inches of my vehicle going about 100mph.
This was a NEW tire on a NEW rim!

View attachment 504327

View attachment 504328

View attachment 504329

Harro prease, everyting fine with Nexen prease buy again, no buy steeries fo rear tiruuu

lolnexen.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had to drive a Nissan Altima for several hours the last few days while doing some work travel and I must say those are the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. They could double as interrogation chambers, do not buy this car if you are married. She will extract all the information out of you on long trips. I'm not even fucking joking.

• 2Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did it? That's kinda sad. What was so bad about it or just wrong time to drop a 50k stripped down sports car?
It was just blah. Didn’t stand out. Didn’t beat rivals in cost or performance. Had some unkind characteristics that made it not drive as well as the competition. It was just on the 370Z chassis, so it was pretty half-assed.

There was a ton of excitement around its release and then within a few months, silence. Definitely a shame.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Fair. I’ll take one with an RB26 swap
The 240/260 Z cars are just an example of car companies fucking with a good thing. The 300 line was just not close to the 240/260 vehicles. It felt like a totally different car. I loved the 240.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 240/260 Z cars are just an example of car companies fucking with a good thing. The 300 line was just not close to the 240/260 vehicles. It felt like a totally different car. I loved the 240.
Yup. Weight added due to government requirements. Weight added due to buyers expecting all the new luxuries.

Not a lot of pure driver cars left.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yup. Weight added due to government requirements. Weight added due to buyers expecting all the new luxuries.

Not a lot of pure driver cars left.

Some of these manufacturers need to definitely offer stripped down versions that git rid of as much of the luxuries as possible. I just want Bluetooth for my phone, the rest I can live without. I could even use just well placed USB ports.

This would probably help sales for those of us that can't afford a 50k dollar car but would like more options.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Some of these manufacturers need to definitely offer stripped down versions that git rid of as much of the luxuries as possible. I just want Bluetooth for my phone, the rest I can live without. I could even use just well placed USB ports.

This would probably help sales for those of us that can't afford a 50k dollar car but would like more options.
More options means more manufacturing cost unfortunately. OEMs definitely milk it though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
More options means more manufacturing cost unfortunately. OEMs definitely milk it though.

I feel like at this point, it's kind of silly considering how much is just digital. OK power windows and door locks, usb ports and HVAC. Now you have a row of buttons and a big screen and some speakers. Heated/vented seats can plug in to replace. Most of the rest is software. Yea there's big ticket shit like sunroofs or whatever but why is it this hard for economic vehicles?

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The Toyota 86 has been so popular because its back to basics. Small, light, fun.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like at this point, it's kind of silly considering how much is just digital. OK power windows and door locks, usb ports and HVAC. Now you have a row of buttons and a big screen and some speakers. Heated/vented seats can plug in to replace. Most of the rest is software. Yea there's big ticket shit like sunroofs or whatever but why is it this hard for economic vehicles?
Its probably not. But, if you were the OEM, would you sell for less when you didn't have to? People are buying anyway.