IMG_14681.JPG

IMG_14771.JPG

ABDM56581.JPG

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Alright I need used car recommendations.

Small 2-4 seat convertible available with manual transmission. Possibly consider the right coupe/sedan/hatch. I have a good BMW mechanic we go to already so that's covered.
<$30K

Decent P/W ratio (more is better, just don't want a dog)
> 2000MY and maintainable (so no classic or weird shit with no parts)
reliable enough to take small regional road trips
GT(ish), at least comfortable
enough trunk to fit say 2 small suitcases

So far I think I've crossed off the following:
modern muscle cars (too big)
Miata ND/Fiat 124 (passenger foot well hump thing was annoying)
Focus ST (friend had one, ambivalent at this point)
Audi TT
WRX (had some, moved on)
Boxster 986 (neighbor has one)
S2000 (might have been cool if they had continued to be produced)
MR2
RX8 (had one, fuck apex seals)

Possibles:
BMW 1 or 2 series convertibles (M2s being closeish price wise is dangerous...)
BMW Z4 3.0si or M
Audi A3/4 (unfortunately doesn't look like S3 ever came with manual?)
Mini Cooper S or JCW
???

Any recommendations?

Chrysler Sebring or Pt Cruiser Convertible

1712447286258.png

1712447318321.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Triggered
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

slingshot-roush-us-my24-uj29-racetrack-red-m-t24aalgbar.png

1200px-Morgan_3-Wheeler-2C_front_left_-28Amagansett-29_jpg.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

View attachment 523425

View attachment 523426

I drove behind some of those Slingshots, there's some random tourist rental company nearby that rents them. Also, why the fuck would you spend 40k on a car that isn't a car? I don't get it. If it was like the price of a motorcycle but faster than whatever maybe? IDK.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Chrysler Sebring or Pt Cruiser Convertible

View attachment 523416

View attachment 523417
If you're going to recommend those two turds, at least have the decency to recommend an awesome Chrysler product:

jeff-koch.jpg

Ok, fine, almost awesome - it was only automatic and wasn't all there in the horsepower department. It would have been perfect if they went forward with the Howler concept. It definitely checks the unique box, doubt you'll run into another one in a parking lot often.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're going to recommend those two turds, at least have the decency to recommend an awesome Chrysler product:

jeff-koch.jpg

Ok, fine, almost awesome - it was only automatic and wasn't all there in the horsepower department. It would have been perfect if they went forward with the Howler concept. It definitely checks the unique box, doubt you'll run into another one in a parking lot often.
Just saw one today. Wonder how many people say fuck the law and remove those front bumpers.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I drove behind some of those Slingshots, there's some random tourist rental company nearby that rents them. Also, why the fuck would you spend 40k on a car that isn't a car? I don't get it. If it was like the price of a motorcycle but faster than whatever maybe? IDK.

Just think of all the money you'd save on tires.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
What's the finally part, not like a hard car to find?

Not a hard car to find generally, but pretty hard car to find with the greige/lighter interior. "Finally" = I bought the car back on 2/19. I was quoted 2-3 weeks for it to get out of the factory, and it took, well, significantly longer than that. Salesman didn't know WTF was going on either.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Just saw one today. Wonder how many people say fuck the law and remove those front bumpers.
I think it's a pretty common modification, definitely gives it a cleaner look. Would definitely depend on my local police's disposition though.

Here's a pretty good example, the only thing they fucked up was adding those fake engine vents to the fender that were popular for a while for some reason.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's a pretty common modification, definitely gives it a cleaner look. Would definitely depend on my local police's disposition though.

Here's a pretty good example, the only thing they fucked up was adding those fake engine vents to the fender that were popular for a while for some reason.

GoofOff or something will take care of that. They are 99% just stick-ons.

Looks clean, like the thing Chip Foose actually imagined.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Looking for some opinions on extended warranty.. Normally I’d be against it but let me provide a little context.. Family member has a 2021 Land Rover discovery. Debating whether extending warranty to 7 years/100k mikes. Family member tends to keep vehicles 8-11 years. They have plenty of money to where they could afford out of pocket repairs (although they wouldn’t be happy about it, who is?).

We have two local dealers. The one that services their vehicle now sucks ass. The shifting knob was getting stuck on her vehicle, she took it in twice and they kept saying they couldn’t reproduce. I did research and found this was a common problem. I had to go in with them and talk to service manager to get it across that this shit is a liability and needed fixing.. This time they were able to reproduce and replaced the entire shifter module.

Not sure on price of warranty yet. The amount of dealer support or lack there of makes me hesitant to have family member buy it. Why buy an extended warranty if dealer runs you in circles on warranty claims. There’s a newer/smaller dealer in town I haven’t tried yet.

Like I said this family member is well off enough to where they could financially pay for repairs and even a new vehicle if something catastrophic like engine failure occurred.

Thoughts?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I can't imagine why a LAND ROVER would need an extended warranty of any kind. Nope, nope.

• 1Worf