What vehicle do you drive?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess I never realized Audi TT's were so expensive. I always liked the hardtops.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_93813.jpg

New grill, also got tuned, APR stage 1.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for that list - I actually think I've just about wrapped up a deal on a used 14' 435i from BMW Dallas (I live in OKC). They're going to drive the car up to me and take my trade in back, sign the docs at my door. I've never heard of that kind of service, but I'm pretty impressed! Tough to justify $70k+ M4 price tag, though it is a brilliant car. Drove 435i at OKC BMW today new (that thing was damn near $60k new... cares are expensive as fuck these days) and loved it as well so found one used and went to work, M package, right color, etc. Should be here this week..........
There is so much diffence in parts between an M4 and a 435i, it's not even funny. Not twice the price worth, sure.. but the two aren't in the same league. If you are happy with the 435i, by all means enjoy it. You really want an LSD on the thing though and start looking around for some decent re-maps for it. If you want to keep it in warranty, start here:

Products - Dinan, Leader in BMW Performance Parts and Upgrades

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Low and mid level BMWs are crap for value; like, mega crap. The prices for what you get are bat-shit insane. Toyota and Honda make better cars than the 1,2,3,4 series.

However, once you get into the high end 5, 6, and /M cars, they are better value than the other options from Europe. If you got a good deal on a CPO 435 thatalready took the depreciation hit, then you'll be alright. No way I'd pay for one new and I'm a big BMW fan (my M6 Gran Coupe is coming in 5 weeks, replacing my M5).

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Low and mid level BMWs are crap for value; like, mega crap. The prices for what you get are bat-shit insane. Toyota and Honda make better cars than the 1,2,3,4 series.

However, once you get into the high end 5, 6, and /M cars, they are better value than the other options from Europe. If you got a good deal on a CPO 435 thatalready took the depreciation hit, then you'll be alright. No way I'd pay for one new and I'm a big BMW fan (my M6 Gran Coupe is coming in 5 weeks, replacing my M5).
I don't think Toyota and Honda make anything better than a 3-series right now (or something like the M235i) because they for the most part don't make practical RWD cars. A camry is not a competitor to the 3-series, nor is an accord, or Acura TL or any of those. The Lexus IS250/350 are a legitimate competitor (I say this as an IS-F owner for many years) but thats about it. I'm not sure if you meant Lexus in your statement or really just Honda/Toyota. And the Lexus price is very similar to BMW.

There are just some odd lineup holes in the Toyota stable. They don't make a 3-row SUV that isn't based on a truck, so the GX and LX both combine the worst aspects of the 4runner and land cruiser base cars with the price of Lexus. Nothing to compete with the X5 and GL or Q7, for example. The RX is a camry with no 3rd row.

Siliconemelons

I don't think Toyota and Honda make anything better than a 3-series right now (or something like the M235i) because they for the most part don't make practical RWD cars. A camry is not a competitor to the 3-series, nor is an accord, or Acura TL or any of those. The Lexus IS250/350 are a legitimate competitor (I say this as an IS-F owner for many years) but thats about it. I'm not sure if you meant Lexus in your statement or really just Honda/Toyota. And the Lexus price is very similar to BMW.

There are just some odd lineup holes in the Toyota stable. They don't make a 3-row SUV that isn't based on a truck, so the GX and LX both combine the worst aspects of the 4runner and land cruiser base cars with the price of Lexus. Nothing to compete with the X5 and GL or Q7, for example. The RX is a camry with no 3rd row.
Highlander...?

Not that I am suggesting it's a good car, but it's a 3rd row crossover... a poor one, but there is one! the Honda pilot sucks imo also.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Highlander...?

Not that I am suggesting it's a good car, but it's a 3rd row crossover... a poor one, but there is one! the Honda pilot sucks imo also.
Highlander isn't a serious competitor to an X5 or GL. Now if they did a lexus version of the highlander? Maybe.

I guess what I was trying to say is Lexus doesn't have a Highlander.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Ya its 2014 cpo 435i m sport etc for $44k. Gonna take $30k savings and pump into some new down hole pumps on some older wells.

Fadaar

That guy

I'm so fucking jealous. That is one of the very few cars in the $100k or less range I'd actually trade my Corvette for.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

Sucks they no longer make the Infiniti G series. They were a MUCH better car than any 3 series, including the 335's in terms of handling, comfort, quality, and especially depreciation. Iboughtmine for $39.7k in 2008 fully loaded with Sport Package. Sold it last year with 102k miles on it for $17.5?

I love my Lexus, but none of their sports models are worth it. The IS F handles for shit, has a plain-Jane interior, and is not worth the money. However, Lexus probably holds their value the best out of any car brand.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess I never realized Audi TT's were so expensive. I always liked the hardtops.
Make sure the prior owner changed the oil regularly :p

Someone on /r/justrolledintotheshop posted what happens if a Audi TT goes 84,000 miles without an oil change, the person who owned it had to be mentally handicapped or something (Album:Audi TT - Album on Imgur)
QOk75JSh.jpg

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Sucks they no longer make the Infiniti G series. They were a MUCH better car than any 3 series, including the 335's in terms of handling, comfort, quality, and especially depreciation. Iboughtmine for $39.7k in 2008 fully loaded with Sport Package. Sold it last year with 102k miles on it for $17.5?

I love my Lexus, but none of their sports models are worth it. The IS F handles for shit, has a plain-Jane interior, and is not worth the money. However, Lexus probably holds their value the best out of any car brand.
I don't think the G is going away, they're just renaming it.

I won't comment on the "handling" of any of these luxury sedans/coupes, because they all understeer like pigs without work. I like the lexus interiors much better than BMW or Infiniti, so I guess I disagree with you there too. Worth the money is subjective, the ISF isn't an expensive car.

One thing I hate about the VQ engines is that shitty sound they make. I'd be embarrassed driving it around.

Siliconemelons

I am odd on interior, I don't like really any interior currently sans the infinity - and the nissans I have had share(ed) the infinity styleing - murano and quest... but the new murano is the premium Nissan style rather than the infinity style... not sure if I am going to like it even though I think it looks awesome- but I have not seen it in person as of yet.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

But not the most important thing, for a "relatively high performing sedan/coupe" - fun. I'm not even sure if that is subjective either, as this past past week has seen me drive 3 BMW's, 3 Audi's (S3, S4, S5), 2 Lexus' (RC 350, RC-F), and a CLA45 AMG for good measure. The Lexus' may be the best riding of any of those, with clean interiors, fun exterior styling, high resale etc - but neither of those cars was as "fun" as even the M235i BMW. Or the Audi's for that matter (which were also fun, in fact the S3 was a dynamite car and I'd seriously consider getting one had this deal not happened). To each his own - style, interiors, blah blah blah.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
One thing I hate about the VQ engines is that shitty sound they make. I'd be embarrassed driving it around.
Yeah, my Z sounds like it's about rip apart at high RPM. Not a good sound at all. That said, even the nicest sounding 6 cylinders don't really sound that great compared to an 8. The M4 is pretty disappointing sounding compared to last gen M3.

Also, the G series is now the Q.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, my Z sounds like it's about rip apart at high RPM. Not a good sound at all. That said, even the nicest sounding 6 cylinders don't really sound that great compared to an 8. The M4 is pretty disappointing sounding compared to last gen M3.

Also, the G series is now the Q.
Kinda tough to compare a very high revving NA V8 in the previous M3 to the new turbo i6 M4. Turbos are natually going to muffle the exhaust sound on top of that.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Nah there's no question the old M3 sounded better. There's also no question the new one is faster.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

I agree with this. I had a 328,335, and a Z4 and my current Audi S4 blows them all out of the water in terms of fit and finish. The amount of cheap creaky plastic BMW uses in their lower end models is outrageous.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I agree with this. I had a 328,335, and a Z4 and my current Audi S4 blows them all out of the water in terms of fit and finish. The amount of cheap creaky plastic BMW uses in their lower end models is outrageous.
My Mustang has a better quality interior than entry level BMWs. Not by much and I still consider the full price leather options in some of the lower class BMWs nicer (though probably not as durable just comparing the option pricing on 6+ series) but the domestics have really started to step up the game. Japan still lagging behind though.