What vehicle do you drive?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Edit: I dont own one, but I have talked to an acquaintance about theirs before. The major downfall seems to be the maintenance costs. Other than that, they said the cruise took a bit to get used to, but they dont want another car w/o it and it is one of the most comfortable cars they have owned.

I had a CPO Mercedes on the list, but then I saw those maintenance costs that you mentioned and that has dulled my enthusiasm for them some. Might still try one on for size at some point. Not sure if i'm all that "fancy" yet. heh.

Test drove a Caddy ATS 3.6L today, it was nice, but nothing spectacular.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
If you're doing a lot of distance driving especially maybe go for Mercedes. I fucking love my car, especially when we drive to Vegas, SD or wine country. As mentioned, has some nifty cruise settings and the seat will extend out to your knees so you can sort of just sit back and relax. I recently had mine in the shop and got a rental Tacoma...good christ, it was like going from first class to a transatlantic flight in a dog cage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
OK, I'm going to #FWP this bitch up some and make a request for opinions since this is obviously where the classy car folks are at.

I have a new Acura TLX and I love it. I got the V6 and it has tons of power and is very comfortable. Go check them out while you're looking, you might be surprised. It does not have Android Auto, but it interfaces with your phone for calling and texts, Pandora, etc.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Traded in the Mercedes CLA-250 for a Prius yesterday. Moving from Cincinnati to Tucson, AZ, having a 17 mile commute instead of a 6 mile commute, and taking a 1/3 pay cut, basically it was so un-economically sound to keep the Benz. GF and I had been looking at hybrids for a while, and my brother had gotten a Prius a year and a half ago, and had nothing but good things to say.

I'll miss the 6s 0-60 time, but won't miss the high maintenance costs and the premium gas, that's for sure. So far enjoying it, and the 50+ mpg.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got the head installed today but hit a speed bump when I realized I needed a 12 point deep socket to torque the head studs down all the way. I'll have to run over to Sears later and pick one up. It also appears that the studs from the OEM intake manifold are too long to use on the ITB adapter plate, going to have to figure out what length I need to swap them out.

qUpzJRe.jpg

y63HPnl.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

Got a few more things done today and then discovered it is now an interference engine due to the high lift of the cams I purchased or how much has been shaved off the block and head over the years. I'm pretty scared to fuck with it now, never messed with an interference engine. It looks fucking awesome though.

6c8ed4d4-b89d-4bc6-ab66-379db2e54b37
zmCreoH.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ITBs are some of the best looking and sounding additions to an engine. Very cool project.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
ziN427b.jpg

Picked up the A5 over the summer. No complaints so far it treats me well. Stereo is pretty amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

Bro fist Burren.

Keg, I love the last 5-6 years of Audi's, they look sexy as fuck. I saw an A3 the other day and really liked it, I need to look into those more when it comes time to move up.

Siliconemelons

Keg, your only 1 step away from the ultimate pretentious driving machine, the jeeaagguuuharrrr!!! Aaahuuuddiiiesss are the stepping stone of pretentious cars.

I kid, I kid ;-)

Hekotat

I was really stressed out today after some jackass on the net said my motor was going to be 15:1 compression ratio. I really didn't want to go the e85 route and spend a shitload more money.

Here's what I calculated.

pQ8BErK.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright, Echuta! 2JZge!! Time to throw some boost at it!

Hekotat Hekotat 15:1 seems pretty unrealistic. Not sure how they came up with that calculation. You're not even at 12:1 in that shot, so you should be fine with ANY pump gas (assuming no forced induction, haha). Personally, I'd steer clear of E85 as well. I already get about 10-12 mpg, I don't need it to be any worse for 10% more power.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Driving this little beautiful beast home to the wife in a few minutes. I love her, but she's a crap driver and destroyed her X5 into somebodies fucking mailbox..... Anyways, I told her that her next car would be a downgrade (after test driving like 10 small/midsize SUV's) and she was cool with the new Q7, but I know deep down she wanted the Macan. Even though it was a bit (well, quite a bit) more expensive, I think she'll be happy & surprised with it.

I'm amazed how much fun it is to drive, and how quick it is. Definitely a different animal to the X5. Got a pretty good deal as well I think from the guys down in Dallas, and they drove it up to me in OKC so that was cool. Also, I'm at least 99% sure it's faster than my base Boxster so there's that as well.

IMG_0006.JPG

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it's faster than a Boxster, lol. But, the Macan S and Turbo are great little pocket-rockets. Practical too, unless you need some plywood.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's faster than a Boxster, lol. But, the Macan S and Turbo are great little pocket-rockets. Practical too, unless you need some plywood.

Was pretty tempted on the Turbo, but optioned out it was approaching $100k so I talked myself out of that one pretty easily, hehe. I also really liked the GTS, but it's not much quicker than the S I just bought and this thing is plenty quick for my wife - frankly, probably too quick. Definitely didn't like nor do I quite understand the base Macans, but maybe that's just me.

Parked it in the garage awaiting her to get home this evening to see it. Sometimes it's the little things in life.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4300lb pocket rockets

wat

Haha, crazy, huh? Amazing low end torque and quick transmissions these days work wonders. AWD doesn't hurt either!! The Cheyenne Turbo S will do 0-60 in under 4 seconds. That's sports car territory.

Was pretty tempted on the Turbo, but optioned out it was approaching $100k so I talked myself out of that one pretty easily, hehe. I also really liked the GTS, but it's not much quicker than the S I just bought and this thing is plenty quick for my wife - frankly, probably too quick. Definitely didn't like nor do I quite understand the base Macans, but maybe that's just me.

Parked it in the garage awaiting her to get home this evening to see it. Sometimes it's the little things in life.

More than she'll need, for sure. But, I'm sure you took your own use into consideration and didn't want to be too bored when you had to drive it.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

They really did fix their SUVs to not suck, the 1st gen Cheyenne sucked - drove and handled like crap, looked like crap and was slower than the STR8 Grand Cherokee and the V8 SRX. However this new small one and the 2nd gen's are night and day.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
She crashes into a mailbox and gets a Porsche for a reward. Nice.