What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hellcat.

In Dallas this weekend again. Hope to see some nice cars cruising around while at Truck Yard.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ford killin' it with fun cars these days. About time.

Cad, out of curiosity - and a bit sarcastically - my daily needs new tires. Should I not go with the MPSS, Nittos, or Mickey Thompsons I've been shopping and instead get a car with inherently more stability and natural traction? If I hit the gas at 70mph, I spin up through about 90-95 =(

Gallo 24's

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Hellcat.

In Dallas this weekend again. Hope to see some nice cars cruising around while at Truck Yard.

You're going to miss Cars and Coffee by one weekend. Hell of a turnout usually.

I can't think of any car shit going on this weekend you might enjoy but you should be able to cruise around and find something.

vegrant

Trakanon Raider
just got some new tires for the whip, 2013 ford raptor. Getting rid of her soon, but replacing her with the new model!

the last pic was a fun recovery lol.

IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I honestly didn't know how them NM to FT Lbs converted, thought it was a simple NM to FTLB converter.

In other news, the new Fiesta ST will have 200hp with a 3cyl turbo engine...

Say Hello To The New Three-Cylinder Ford Fiesta ST

Hahah fucking Toyotas last sports car about to be killed dead by performance trim subcompact hatchbacks. Oh how far you have fallen.

No Lexus doesn't count and the whore whale mouth grill on all the F cars can die now kthx.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Toyota just released the 86, a rebadged BRZ, if I'm thinking clearly.

The FRS got rebranded to the international model designation when they retained it after killing off Scion. That's what I'm talking about, their "purpose built sports car" is basically at the same level as a domestic hatchback and I'm sure the updated Fiesta ST will basically shit all over it.

They aren't under obligation with Subaru to keep it that way anymore. But they just won't di anything to make the FT86 stand out despite the fact that the FA20 was designed for forced induction . At least Subaru has the WRX STI.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure better tires will help. But that car is always going to be traction limited.

Yup, it is. Even with full drag slicks, I can spin at will if I'm being a hoon in 1st and 2nd. It actually is a car that was not designed to fully make use of the power and even tires are only a band-aid.

vegrant vegrant That looks like a ton of fun. New Raptor still a 6.2, or did Ford put in something else?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're going to miss Cars and Coffee by one weekend. Hell of a turnout usually.

I can't think of any car shit going on this weekend you might enjoy but you should be able to cruise around and find something.

Well, damn! Haven't been to a C&C since they shut down the Orange County one in Cali.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yup, it is. Even with full drag slicks, I can spin at will if I'm being a hoon in 1st and 2nd. It actually is a car that was not designed to fully make use of the power and even tires are only a band-aid.

vegrant vegrant That looks like a ton of fun. New Raptor still a 6.2, or did Ford put in something else?

It's TT 3.5L V6, no more V8.

Hekotat

Hahah fucking Toyotas last sports car about to be killed dead by performance trim subcompact hatchbacks. Oh how far you have fallen.

No Lexus doesn't count and the whore whale mouth grill on all the F cars can die now kthx.

Man, no shit on the Lexus designs lately, it seems everyone else learned their lessons with angles only and no flowing lines, Lexus is still full steam ahead. Their cars look like complete shit now.

Hekotat

The FRS got rebranded to the international model designation when they retained it after killing off Scion. That's what I'm talking about, their "purpose built sports car" is basically at the same level as a domestic hatchback and I'm sure the updated Fiesta ST will basically shit all over it.

They aren't under obligation with Subaru to keep it that way anymore. But they just won't di anything to make the FT86 stand out despite the fact that the FA20 was designed for forced induction . At least Subaru has the WRX STI.

I loved how they said a turbo wouldn't fit under the hood, less than a month out for sale and I saw three with turbo kits, lol.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I loved how they said a turbo wouldn't fit under the hood, less than a month out for sale and I saw three with turbo kits, lol.

Yes not to mention the FA20T has been out a few years now. It's not rocket surgery, lighten up a few things, swap in the FA20T and boom is basically the only small RWD sports car that has any punch and it would actually have a niche that the Miata/124 doesn't outperform it in. The FT86 is a handsome car full of worthless compromises. Remove the rear seat, increase power a bit and you have a great niche spot as the "30K corvette" instead of the Miata that doesn't offer a convertible.

Hekotat

The new Miata is actually good looking to me, I'd but the RF version or PF or whatever the targa top version is called.

I'm literally one fuel fitting away from starting my car, can't find a fucking 8mm compression fitting to save my life. I've found one on eBay but I'm sketched out buying something that could possibly be a knock off for a fuel line. Going to continue my hunt today and hopefully I will find something at a local parts store.

n5GfCNq.jpg

Shot of the hardline tubing I spent most of the day plumbing up.

hfP2SUd.jpg

27de58c4-5203-484c-9b7a-62697276ced8

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

vegrant

Trakanon Raider
Got the same tires on my LR4. New Raptor comes with the same in 35". Pretty crazy.

That last pic looks like you got stuck in the sand. Did you air down?

no, its funny im the guy that usually saves folks in the dunes but the one time i got cocky i got stuck. Generally always air down though but in this case it was too late, a lot of digging was involved that day! Im super stoked for the new raptor mine arrives end of may. Better gas mileage is never a bad thing.

Do you ever take your lr4 to the dunes?

vegrant

Trakanon Raider

They put the twin turbo ecoboost 3.5l v6. From what ive seen its supposed to demolish the 6.2. I plan to drag them side by side when the new lady arrives, i'll post a video for fun.

The new one is also 500-600 lbs lighter and has improved suspension with better entry/exit angles which were pretty bad on the older ones.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Do you ever take your lr4 to the dunes?

Absolutely! I contract in the Middle East. My off-roading is 80% dunes, 20% rock/gravel. Just got back from a trip this weekend where we got pretty epically rained out. Like you, I am usually the one to pull people out. The 2 times I have ever been stuck in my ~4 years of ownership is while trying to help others get unstuck.

I can post pics when I get home. This gay ass website doesn't host and I can't access imgur from work.