What vehicle do you drive?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Believe so. They are supposed to last 5-6 years or something like that. I'm sure each brand is different. Mine lasted just over 6 years.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, my car uses the abs speed sensors and throws a flag when the rpms vary between wheels.

So it knows when something is low, but it can't tell me! :/

Siliconemelons

Yeah I hate when car makers limit the damn consumer facing computer... the car KNOWS what tire is low and what its PSI is...cant you tell me?! oh wait that's a FEATURE on the highest trim...mmkay.

Hell my old 99 Jeep Gran Cherokee had a few simple key presses to get into the diag codes that you just look online for and boom- you know what to fix...darn MAP sensor!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I honestly don't even need that shit, just let me figure it out myself and get rid of the warning light on my dash.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got a Land Rover LR4 and air down for off-roading in the desert. Ended up buying a tool that I can plug into the OBD port that allows me to disable TPMS entirely. As Borzak said, if you can't tell you have a flat on big truck tires you deserve to die. Unfortunately TMPS is mandated to be standard on all vehicles by the NHTSA since 2007.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/ruli...nalrule.6.html
What, however, is NOT required is for what type of TPMS system is used in the car.

I think the TPMS in my car, for example, is a GREAT system. It detects changes in the pressure of the wheel by monitoring revolutions. If it detects a tire is low, it'll set of the light. In the VW Golf it will only tell you that "A" tire is low, but not which one. In my Audi it will specifically tell you which tire is low so you know what to check. When temperatures dipped down into the 40s the other week, it set off the system, my tires had originally been inflated to about 38psi 6 months ago. The tire was reading about 33. Filled it up with the pump in the back, checked all the others, which were all reading around 35-36 so I topped them up... and reset the system. Resetting the system required about 10 seconds of fiddling with the dial and following menus.

Either way, you can then check and inflate your tires, and the system takes about 2 seconds to reset to tell it that they are all 4 back at "correct" pressure, whichever pressure they happen to be at. It's built into the wheel speed sensors already used to monitor the ABS system. It's called "indirect" tpms ... it adds basically zero extra cost/maintenance to the car.

What is TPMS Bridgestone Tires

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I like mine, they show what PSI each tire is at. They are fairly accurate, but not perfect. I hated my last two cars though, they had the little tire exclamation point thing which was entirely useless because on both cars if one side was baking in the sun or it was really icy and the tires were already Tom Bradied at 1-3 PSI low, they would go off rather quickly and you'd basically have to go out and check all the tires by hand or with a gauge to make sure nothing actually went wrong then drive it for a bit to get it to go off. Was really obnoxious in the winter so I eventually left TPMS off my winter tires completely and left the light on 5 months in a row.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like mine, they show what PSI each tire is at. They are fairly accurate, but not perfect.
Until you wanted to do something like use a seperate winter set and a summer set of tires... or in about 6 more years when the battery runs down and they want to charge you 100 dollars each and your car is only worth a few thousand, so you're like fuck it... and keep driving around with no system at all.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Went to do some computer work at my friends cousin's house last night and he had this sleeping in the garage. A fucking Shelby Cobra 427. 525 hp. It blew my mind. Listen to that beast.

rrr_img_117423.jpg
rrr_img_117424.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's pretty sick even if not original.

I am still baffled why Ford has not made a 2 seater go-kart with the Coyote. Especially now that they've placed the GT into supercar price range.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
That's pretty sick even if not original.

I am still baffled why Ford has not made a 2 seater go-kart with the Coyote. Especially now that they've placed the GT into supercar price range.
Yeah it's not original but still very impressive. It's in perfect condition. He's had it for 20 years. Worth about $80,000. Engine is a modernized version of the original 427 and body is a 100% replica of the original. I think an original Shelby Cobra 427 goes for like $1,000,000 and there's like under 100 left in the world. Crazy.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah it's not original but still very impressive. It's in perfect condition. He's had it for 20 years. Worth about $80,000. Engine is a modernized version of the original 427 and body is a 100% replica of the original. I think an original Shelby Cobra 427 goes for like $1,000,000 and there's like under 100 left in the world. Crazy.
What does A Moon Bat drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finished the custom wiring harness for my 86 over the weekend and it was the most frustrating and rewarding thing I've ever done. I was able to remove 75% of the harness thanks to the aftermarket ECU.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_120411.jpg

My home a few weeks ago - we had the chance to try a few cars. The BMW i8 is a complete piece of unfinished crap, the Tesla is surprisingly nice even if its announced 700hp is a bit exagerated (above 120km/h, it felt like it has more like 120hp than 700). The Mercedes CLS63s AMG was nice - a bit too cosy for my taste, but the "music" from the motor is awesome.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
What vehicle would you buy for $2000? Daily commuter, ~10 miles per day.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What vehicle would you buy for $2000? Daily commuter, ~10 miles per day.
If you've got winter to worry about, a Subaru. If not, a Civic or Corolla. Even for $2,000 you can get reliability and in a DD, that's what matters.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Havent posted in awhile. Traded in my Tundra for this, 2015 Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition, 6 inch Hypertech lift, 22 inch Chevy OEM black gloss RIMs, Off Road tire, Borla dual exaust, automatic side steps, and went ahead and got a custom tune from Black Bear Performance (based out of San Diego, but they do road shows to do in person tunes from city to city). Inside is a 6.2L V8 w/ 8 speed trans. I love this truck.
rrr_img_120461.jpg