What vehicle do you drive?

Fadaar

That guy
2023 update: still driving my focus because i enjoy spending money on stupid shit rather than a new vehicle

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No fucking way I’m driving a car in Texas heat without AC. That seems mental .
I used to drive with the windows down in 90 to 100 degree weather when going to and from the gym, after practice/playing HS sports, or when I was doing various jobs in my teens and 20s (like warehouse work/deliveries or grass mowing). It was mostly to keep my car from smelling like a locker room, but it probably added a whole 1 MPG to my various v8 sports cars, so that was a nice bonus, I guess.

Knew a guy in college who got into the whole hyper-mile things for a couple years; think he said not using the AC could add ~4 mpg for the average on the tank with his 4 banger engine.

Sludig

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

looks like soy boy faggots are annoyed at robo cars

Of course, there is a whole slew of people that want "walkable" cities, where your only options are to bicycle (until it's stolen), wait for the bus (until you get mugged), or wait for the train (until you get stabbed):

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I had a 2007 Tundra and wish Toyota had left the v8 in the new Tundra, those twin turbo v6s are not the answer.
Had a 2011 with 280k on the mini v8 when I sold it and still wish I hadn't. Yeah fuck those V6's and fuck that new design. Not sure what they were thinking. That tundra was the best truck I've ever owned period.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just bought another Triumph today . . .this time an '07 Rocket III Touring

Has some damage, but clean title, not on WOVR, and cheap . . stupid cheap....

359526844_6415713885210515_1570036704683239270_n.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not just make the seat actually have a back? That thing on the pedestal just looks goofy when not in use.
There is a second seat that goes behind, but that backrest is usually vertical. Pic just has it flopped up.
I’ll be removing anyway and replacing the seat.
no idea what it will be yet, but stock isn’t it….maybe something like this

1689474651864.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Why not just make the seat actually have a back? That thing on the pedestal just looks goofy when not in use.
It's ugly, but a fixed rest on a bike that open would be ugly too. Usually an expensive full seat replace. I liked my concours, the passenger seat is higher and had been replaced with a luggage box with a back rest on it worked great and looked not so out of place.

For that kind of bike not really a tourer so I'd just replace seaty with something with a deep bucket, just to help hold you in when that thing launches as the tickets are supposed to be kinda crazy.

I was looking at a valkyrie ( gold wing engine in a lighter bike) but still big and heavy when I'm looking for small and light but highway friendly for my back and shitty rural roads.

Sludig

There is a second seat that goes behind, but that backrest is usually vertical. Pic just has it flopped up.
I’ll be removing anyway and replacing the seat.
no idea what it will be yet, but stock isn’t it….maybe something like this

View attachment 482633
Ugly but keep something with that raised ass if the stock, if you actually ride it as intended you'll appreciate it

Burns

Did this get posted here last year and I have forgotten about it?

2023-07-18 22.25.33 www.theverge.com 53a7dff9bbe9.png

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It was in the news a bunch and there was a lot of backlash among journalists and the car community. But, it won’t stop them from doing it.
yeah, maybe BMW back then? *shrug* either way, it's inevitable. Reminds me of what AMD did w/ one of their GPU's back in the day... and you could just run some soft mod for the same performance as the next model up. It'll be interesting(and likely shitty) to see how everything works out.