What vehicle do you drive?

redruM_sl

shitlord
I love black rims that are done right, ones that actually go with the style and flow of the car- its rare. Jeep and Ford had some stock-option black/dark grey rims for their GC and Mustangs lately that I think look really nice.
The black wheels on the "night rider" edition 22'' viper wheels in black was nice....like a black chrome-ish on the SRT10 Ram Truck.....

Siliconemelons

The black wheels on the "night rider" edition 22'' viper wheels in black was nice....like a black chrome-ish on the SRT10 Ram Truck.....
Aye, really though...my "issue" is with all *well like 90%* of aftermarket rims/wheels - they are made to indeed look good on their own on the website and storeroom floor- but rarely do they follow the design language or complement the flow of the car. Sometimes they do, and its great! but there is a reason someone in some office somewhere at Nissan, Ford, whatever is paid very well to design stock wheels all day long. That's why I really did like the "stock" or factory option rims that are black or gunmetal etc- they have the cool factor of the black and still have a complimenting look to the rest of the car.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking into picking up a new used car, I'm leaning towards the S5. Thoughts? Advice?
With a good warranty; yes. Without one; no. Compared to Audi's rivals, their cars weight more, have less power, and are generally slower, but look better in and out. Depending on climate, AWD could be important.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Then get an xi. Oh sorry, get one with X Drive Technology.

Personally I like the looks of the S5, but when I decided on my 335xi, the S5 was a couple inches longer and wider, and I have a fairly tight parking stall. Although in hindsight the S5 would fit fine. It was also at least 5-8k more expensive than the BMW.

caesium

Molten Core Raider
Thanks.

Canadian Winter otherwise I'd be more inclined to go with a BMW.
I have an S5, and don't regret the choice, (also Canadian) do look into the 335xi as well though as Eomer mentions, as it was a contender for me as well. It came down to aesthetics, awd, V8 and the interior, something about the BMW didn't sit well for me. That said if used you will certainly want a vendor warranty, like audi certified pre owned etc. I've had mine for 3 years now and it's spent a total of 6 days in the shop, not spectacular but not bad for how much I beat the piss out of it.

Drek_sl

shitlord
Gents, thank you for the wicked feedback. I'll research the X drive technology from BMW, test drive both the S5 and the 335xi and then see which I like best.

Edit: was told to check out the A5 S-Line, worth it?

caesium

Molten Core Raider
If yer considering the A5, test drive it first before an S5.

I doubt you'll continue to consider the A.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
S5 is pretty high on my list of potential next cars. I'd love an RS5, but they are just too much with any kind of options added.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i had a 2003 325xi and it handled very well in the snow, probably not as thick as it gets in Canada but MD to NY i had no problems with it.

I want an RS4 so freaking bad.
Put me down for an RS6 Avant the moment they hit US shores (which, sadly will never happen, so I cry myself to sleep each night...)
Well, if yall are so keen on these Audi cars that Audi will not send over, look into importing them yourself. I cant imagine the emissions would be that hard to correct on a modern car. Who would have thought the US has tougher emissions than the EU. It may cost 10,000 extra, but you wont have to cry yourself to sleep any longer, and you will, more than likely, have the only one in your state/providence.

Maybe you could get a group buy discount from an importer while you're at it. Canada may be easier to import to, and Eomer wants a Euro car as well. Take a trip across Canada with them and claim them as a used car purchase when you bring them home, or some such.

Here is a little write up on importing.http://www.carsdirect.com/car-buying...ar-from-europe

ShakyJake

<Donor>
For anyone living under a rock (or not in the U.S. -- BUT will now be sold worldwide), the 2015 Mustang was revealed last week: