What vehicle do you drive?

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What pegs do you intend to replace them with?

We always replaced the pegs on our sport bikes with fixed higher-set ones so they don't drag - guessing thats not what you're doing?
I'm keeping the stock ones. The ones they're removing were accessory.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That is a fine looking bike. I would leave the seat and highway pegs, but to each his own.
I'm keeping the main seat but I never take passengers, so I have no use for the back seat. That back seat is $499 that I didn't need. Overall, with removing the pegs and that back seat took $1100 off the tag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm keeping the main seat but I never take passengers, so I have no use for the back seat. That back seat is $499 that I didn't need. Overall, with removing the pegs and that back seat took $1100 off the tag.

That makes total sense. I very often take passengers on my bike, so I love having the back seat.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I just got a 2024 Ram 1500 Limited. 3rd Ram I've had. God damn its nice to have the 3.92 rear axle ratio back, last one had 3.21 and holy shit can you tell the difference hauling stuff.

Classic idiot designers with ram put god damn Perellis as the OEM tires, like wtf is that? That's my only gripe. Going to have to get them swapped out.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just got a 2024 Ram 1500 Limited. 3rd Ram I've had. God damn its nice to have the 3.92 rear axle ratio back, last one had 3.21 and holy shit can you tell the difference hauling stuff.

Classic idiot designers with ram put god damn Perellis as the OEM tires, like wtf is that? That's my only gripe. Going to have to get them swapped out.
I'd buy a RAM in a second if I knew it would be reliable. I put in an offer on a low miles 2020 Tundra 1794. Dealership is holding out for better offers which is fine. I am in no hurry.

I bought a Highlander and holy shit those OEM tires were dangerous shit. They spend 10's of millions developing the suspension only to put fucking hockey puck Goodyear Eagles on most of them.

I put on Michelin Defender LTX on my 2012 Tundra and they stick like glue and ride very well. I got the NON TOWING ply tires. Sail through snow and rain like nothing.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd buy a RAM in a second if I knew it would be reliable. I put in an offer on a low miles 2020 Tundra 1794. Dealership is holding out for better offers which is fine. I am in no hurry.

I bought a Highlander and holy shit those OEM tires were dangerous shit. They spend 10's of millions developing the suspension only to put fucking hockey puck Goodyear Eagles on most of them.

I put on Michelin Defender LTX on my 2012 Tundra and they stick like glue and ride very well. I got the NON TOWING ply tires. Sail through snow and rain like nothing.
Goodyear seems great at capturing that car manufacturer market. Dunno if they still do, but Eagles were on a bunch of Chevrolets in the 2000 & 2010s. Which was great for me, cause I was able to find 90+ percent tread life used runflat Eagles for my car for 75% less than new Nittos or Hankooks (non-run flats). I didn't give a fuck about road noise when daily driving (just turn the music up) and they hooked/cornered almost as well as my current Firestones (as least in warm weather).

The ground hardly, if ever freezes here, but I had my car up north, in the winter, and both the Eagles and Firestone summers were squirrely as hell (almost went into a ditch from the on-ramp the first week up there).

Last edited:

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I'd buy a RAM in a second if I knew it would be reliable.

I guess this is anecdotal but like I said this is my 3rd RAM. Only issues I've had:

2009 Big Horn: the brake lights needing to be replaced a few times
2017 Laramie: Backup camera cord connection sucked and I had to fix it

I think I've driven about 400k miles between those 2 trucks and that's the only problems I ever had.

I really wish they had a Bak X2 or X4S tonneau cover available for the 2024's. I hate not having a tonneau.

Back to the OEM tire discussion they had Wranglers as the OEM on both of my previous RAMs, this one like I said has fucking Perellis. FUCKING PERELLIS. I bet the person in charge of that is a 50 Cent fan. Fucks sake. They look like racing tires.

1696212634299.png

1696213256236.png

Last edited:

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
The guy I was getting the Indian from decided he was going to remove the $1000 exhaust on his bike and not drop the price. So, I just went to a dealership and got a new one instead.

They're removing the Highway pegs and the additional seat. I don't need either.

I was going to pay 10k for a used one with 7,000 miles on it.

This new one is 12.9k with 2 miles on it.
Military discount added and they gave me that upgraded seat for free.

And for those that have sensitive ears... It's not quite as loud as the other.

Indian Scout Bobber.

View attachment 492998View attachment 492999
Nice ride Brother,
Got my '07 Rocket iii registered on Friday, and over 250klm under the tyres yesterday giving it a shakedown run.

Attachments

• IMG_7151.jpeg
    IMG_7151.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Told you... whoever made that decision is a 50 cent fan. It's pretty stupid. Other than that, though, I really love the truck. Still figuring out all the bells and whistles on it.

Nah, they are David Banner fans trying to get that Caddy Sclade style!

Sludig

Thought you just a year or 2 grabbed that 2012, suprised you want to ditch it already.

Sludig

I guess this is anecdotal but like I said this is my 3rd RAM. Only issues I've had:

2009 Big Horn: the brake lights needing to be replaced a few times
2017 Laramie: Backup camera cord connection sucked and I had to fix it

I think I've driven about 400k miles between those 2 trucks and that's the only problems I ever had.

I really wish they had a Bak X2 or X4S tonneau cover available for the 2024's. I hate not having a tonneau.

Back to the OEM tire discussion they had Wranglers as the OEM on both of my previous RAMs, this one like I said has fucking Perellis. FUCKING PERELLIS. I bet the person in charge of that is a 50 Cent fan. Fucks sake. They look like racing tires.

View attachment 493155
View attachment 493156
I mean every MFG has a wide range of tires, so I think everyone saying poo poo on a brand tire choice is somewhat silly. That said, often it is a cheap tire, and a little known secret, even when it is a name brand tire like a ko2 or a pilot sport 4 or whatever, some oem's get a special tire made under the same name that is basically shorter tread to be cheaper or otherwise a bit inferior. Was watching a few video's on that years ago.

That said , both the F Type and GT tires stock ya were ass. Even going to a performance all season on the GT was a big different, I still don't know what changed in my head I didn't really enjoy that car. Trying to actually try to be in the cars only as tools mindset and give up on enthusiest stuff. Part of why I kept my insane bike as risky as it is out here so I at least have something fast.

Friend of mine actually scooped a GR Corolla which I'd love to at least drive once. I tell myself a non pimped out C8 may be possible in a year or 2, but just would be shit out here on my country road and even in Tulsa a lot of parking lots with absurdly steep ramps that would scrape. My wife is a bad influence, actually would like to have an F Type again. I'm not sure what else we'd like, don't think an M5 Comp would be in the price range we willing to pay, but for my personal preferences, I think I prefer AWD big horsepower, or maybe it was just the driving response of being supercharged, can't put my finger on it.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Since there’s been some talk of Ram trucks lately

all things considered pretty normal looking, in a good way. I’m not a fan of the lighted logo.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
haha you cali fags are fucked until you get a tesla

or become blade runners

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
haha you cali fags are fucked until you get a tesla
As a pro-EV Californian, this is stupid and not the way to go about fixing shit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
As a pro-EV Californian, this is stupid and not the way to go about fixing shit.

Don't worry, they'll realize the error of their ways when the Soy shipments stop because there aren't enough EV semi trucks on the road and by then it will be too late.