What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New wraps for the race cars and GT3 street car.

PHOTO-2023-10-04-16-12-39.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 5.22.08 PM.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I assume it’s different in IRL, but the reflections of the hexagon light arrays are annoying as hell. Seems like it would be really annoying to do detailing type work under them

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume it’s different in IRL, but the reflections of the hexagon light arrays are annoying as hell. Seems like it would be really annoying to do detailing type work under them

they are actually specifically for detailing so imperfections can be picked out very easily. It’s less obtrusive in real life versus pics.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
they are actually specifically for detailing so imperfections can be picked out very easily. It’s less obtrusive in real life versus pics.
The way I tell people to picture this is like when you're trying to angle the sun so you can see swirl marks or water spots - this creates sun angles all over the place so you won't have to move your head, you can just see them.

• 1Galaxy Brain

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The way I tell people to picture this is like when you're trying to angle the sun so you can see swirl marks or water spots - this creates sun angles all over the place so you won't have to move your head, you can just see them.
Makes sense. Ambient light is not sufficient.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
that would make cleaning the inside of a windshield easier as well. Clean it 10000x times, still miss spots as soon as the sun hits it.

• 1Like

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now that the Rocket iii is registered and become by daily ride, the 800 America is getting prepped for sale.

It's getting a full repaint - Not sure if colour change yet, but will be simliar . . Considered Mazda sole red crystal, but at $500/litre decided against it :p
Also getting some rechroming done, then a full detail of everything 'hidden' and then up for sale . . .

Yeah, it's a tight / untidy garage . . but it works.

IMG_7193.jpeg

IMG_7187.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now that the Rocket iii is registered and become by daily ride, the 800 America is getting prepped for sale.

It's getting a full repaint - Not sure if colour change yet, but will be simliar . . Considered Mazda sole red crystal, but at $500/litre decided against it :p
Also getting some rechroming done, then a full detail of everything 'hidden' and then up for sale . . .

Yeah, it's a tight / untidy garage . . but it works.
Reminder that your license plate links your real name to your internet presence, which is easily looked up for a few bucks; doxxing yourself.

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reminder that your license plate links your real name to your internet presence, which is easily looked up for a few bucks; doxxing yourself.

Reminder - Not in Australia it doesn't....well it does if you want to pay for a service, and it's NOT cheap....., but seriously, there is no difference to riding around and people writing the number down.
Not every country has your data freely available to anyone that wants it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reminder - Not in Australia it doesn't....well it does if you want to pay for a service, and it's NOT cheap....., but seriously, there is no difference to riding around and people writing the number down.
Not every country has your data freely available to anyone that wants it.
Right, sorry, was getting you confused with the guy who moved back to the US from Japan.

I'm not even sure how legal the plate look up sites are for the US. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to sign an e-document, to send in with your $20, claiming you are a bounty hunter or some such.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why risk it? The left infests every type of government agency that does have access.

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right, sorry, was getting you confused with the guy who moved back to the US from Japan.

I'm not even sure how legal the plate look up sites are for the US. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to sign an e-document, to send in with your $20, claiming you are a bounty hunter or some such.
All good, I actually work in Cyber security for a central bank, and yeah, identity fraud is a serious issue, but here, license plates are not a gateway to that.

They are tied to the VIN of the vehicle - easy to get, as well as the registration date / due date and insurer, but for anything else . . . you mostly need a warrant.
They are pretty good that way :)

• 1Like