What vehicle do you drive?

Siliconemelons

My coworker has a 22 model s the new wide body, he traded his Y in for it, he made money on his y as he got it during some odd time it was the one of the few rwd Ys when it first came out.

it’s nice inside but I don’t put it as nice as a 120k car should be. My xc90 was nicer.

my boss has a id.4 and it’s nice the refresh they just did should help my qualms with it

I sat in a Nissan aria, I thought it was nicer than the Y

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My coworker has a 22 model s the new wide body, he traded his Y in for it, he made money on his y as he got it during some odd time it was the one of the few rwd Ys when it first came out.

it’s nice inside but I don’t put it as nice as a 120k car should be. My xc90 was nicer.

my boss has a id.4 and it’s nice the refresh they just did should help my qualms with it

I sat in a Nissan aria, I thought it was nicer than the Y
yeah, I definitely wouldn't call tesla interiors luxury. I imagine they decided the extra manufacturing/supply chain complexity of having more/upgraded interior options isn't worth the potential increase in customer base/revenue. That said I do like the simplicity/clean of our Model 3.

Siliconemelons

This may sound odd, but the difference between the y and 3 and the S is the dash, the rest of the interior is the same “level” of niceness , it is a nice car, but it’s not an S class Mercedes.
I am not saying either that it’s crappy it’s not, but the s and X cost so much I just am saying it’s not a 100k interior. Yet most owners are fine with it, so at the end of the day, those who put their money into it are happy, then mission accomplished

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I looked at the YTD registrations and at least for the Dutch market, Tesla model S and X are now niche models. I bet Tesla makes a ton on each one they do sell but they're no longer moving in any significant volume. The Porsche Taycan (which starts around the same 100k price) outsold them both combined.

Model 3 and Y are where the market is. They sell 9 model 3's and almost 50 model Y cars for each model S they sell.

Fucker

Log Wizard
My new Tesla arrived.

tyu.png

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Random question: does anyone know where to get map updates for Garmin navigation systems? Paying $75 through their official updater seems dumb and I'm surprised I can't find anything out on the high seas.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Random question: does anyone know where to get map updates for Garmin navigation systems? Paying $75 through their official updater seems dumb and I'm surprised I can't find anything out on the high seas.

Use your smart phone

• 1Like

taebin

Well that's a pedantic response, but thanks for the quality tip.

• 1Salty

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well that's a pedantic response, but thanks for the quality tip.

You think someone would pirate that shit but my guess is not many people pay for it and the ones that do have enough spare cash to not worry about it. Wish I could help.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You think someone would pirate that shit but my guess is not many people pay for it and the ones that do have enough spare cash to not worry about it. Wish I could help.
damn that reminded me, you actually had to pay for maps on tomtom haha, i now remember downloading italy maps taking it w/ me years ago

taebin

Not sure what you expected without any additional info about why you aren’t using a phone like the vast majority of people. 🤷‍♂️
I use a phone and Google Maps for actual navigation and directions when needed. But my wife's SUV has a large display with a map and it would be nice to have it updated to reflect recent roads constructed. When I'm driving and glancing at it, annoying when the roads are wrong or have changed. Honestly what would be even better would be rooting it and loading Google Maps, but no clue how to go about that.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I use a phone and Google Maps for actual navigation and directions when needed. But my wife's SUV has a large display with a map and it would be nice to have it updated to reflect recent roads constructed. When I'm driving and glancing at it, annoying when the roads are wrong or have changed. Honestly what would be even better would be rooting it and loading Google Maps, but no clue how to go about that.

Can try to find it on 2nd hand sites.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just picked up a 24' Golf R myself. Sorry for it being dirty, this was after driving a few hours home to pick it up. I wanted something small(er), fun and practical at the same time, so went this route. I looked at an S3 aswell but actually really dug the hatch of the R. With the R and S3 being nearly the same car (aside from some fit/finish differences), I think the "compromise" was worth it in terms of usability.

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just picked up a 24' Golf R myself. Sorry for it being dirty, this was after driving a few hours home to pick it up. I wanted something small(er), fun and practical at the same time, so went this route. I looked at an S3 aswell but actually really dug the hatch of the R. With the R and S3 being nearly the same car (aside from some fit/finish differences), I think the "compromise" was worth it in terms of usability.

View attachment 503677

View attachment 503678

I love that color, I was bummed I couldn't get my GTi in that color. We can almost start an FoH mk8 crew.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I love that color, I was bummed I couldn't get my GTi in that color. We can almost start an FoH mk8 crew.
I like the color too but we also have an Acura in the Apex Blue color and that blue and the Lapiz Blue look pretty much identical.

I actually wanted a Pure White. I feel the contrasting colors of the black trim + blue calipers made it stand out. The Pure White paint is also a lot more durable and won't show imperfections as much, the Lapiz Blue paint is softer than a baby's behind. I already have damage to my hood from a rock (dent + 1.5inch scuff that took the paint right off) after only a few weeks of ownership. Nothing like needing to get your whole hood repainted on a new car... And I already had my PPF appointment scheduled, this happened a week before the appointment...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 503677

View attachment 503678
I have had 2 of them. I have the 2023 (and the side mirrors don't retract like that).

It is the most fun, greatest car I have ever owned. You'll love it. Good choice.

My only beef with it was the is the deletion of almost all buttons and knobs in favor of an extensive touch screen interface. It's a DRIVER'S automobile. We prefer to keep our eyes on the road.

Mine is 6sp MT. VW said 2023 was the last year for it, but lied...

Nice choice! Great color.

These are mine:

golfs.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users