What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Updating this post. Went in today to pick up the Corolla and left with a 2024 Tundra as well. Last weekend of the year and they were trying to push as many vehicles out the door as they could to make quotas. Looks like I am buying gas again.
New gen tundra? Big oof

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's the V6 with twin turbo not the hybrid engine.. The ride was smooth and the reviews were solid if not spectacular.
I know I usually drop 60k on a whim if the reviews are solid if not spectacular. Really can't resist mediocrity.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

It's the V6 with twin turbo not the hybrid engine.. The ride was smooth and the reviews were solid if not spectacular.
All the paid shill reviews. spend some time on the Facebook groups. Bought my 2nd tundra a few months ago. wouldn't touch the be ones except maybe for another 5 years of development or updates. For such a fancy new hybrid system too the mpg is poo.

But you've got company since TJT who didn't understand truth in financing charge statement also just got one. So I set the next couple years I can wait to see if yall get issues.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the paid shill reviews. spend some time on the Facebook groups. Bought my 2nd tundra a few months ago. wouldn't touch the be ones except maybe for another 5 years of development or updates. For such a fancy new hybrid system too the mpg is poo.

But you've got company since TJT who didn't understand truth in financing charge statement also just got one. So I set the next couple years I can wait to see if yall get issues.
I didn't like the ride on the hybrid version. It's like they put a sound machine on it to make it sound all manly and shit. The ride was stiff and not good. Time will tell if this was the right call or not.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
kingpin GIF

We all know the real story. Enjoy your new truck bro. 🥳

• 1Jonesing

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
A friend of mine has a new Tundra and it's been decent so far. He's not a fan of any transmission with more than 6 speeds, but he said that's the only thing he doesn't really like. But no actual problems with it yet.

• 1Like

Sludig

Should be jimmies thread, but wanted the car people.

On a couple of the F type on facebook groups because I've been missing mine. (Bad idea i know but the heart wants what it wants) And I made a post about asking if any of the prior Jag models shared the same engine as that's what I loved most about mine.

I get like the 7th reply, go to read it, post gone, but they actually went so far as to ban me from the group? Like what limp wristed british faggotry is this. (They tend to dominate the groups and tell everyone why the V6 is really all you need and shit)

Nothing hostile, at least "on topic" in that I'm asking specifically about the engine and what shares it etc. No notification or anything to me directly? I dont remember when I was more active in a group when I had mine them being this overzealous holy shit.

Did get folks saying I should check out a Alpha Quadrifoglio (sp?) and that indeed the later XKR's I guess got the 5.0 supercharged. Basically if they were cheap enough I might be able to justify one as a 4th vehicle. Or gameplan is still in another year or two trying to find a low mileage ~2020 for a steal as a lot of big purchases tank with interest rates etc.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Should be jimmies thread, but wanted the car people.

On a couple of the F type on facebook groups because I've been missing mine. (Bad idea i know but the heart wants what it wants) And I made a post about asking if any of the prior Jag models shared the same engine as that's what I loved most about mine.

I get like the 7th reply, go to read it, post gone, but they actually went so far as to ban me from the group? Like what limp wristed british faggotry is this. (They tend to dominate the groups and tell everyone why the V6 is really all you need and shit)

Nothing hostile, at least "on topic" in that I'm asking specifically about the engine and what shares it etc. No notification or anything to me directly? I dont remember when I was more active in a group when I had mine them being this overzealous holy shit.

Did get folks saying I should check out a Alpha Quadrifoglio (sp?) and that indeed the later XKR's I guess got the 5.0 supercharged. Basically if they were cheap enough I might be able to justify one as a 4th vehicle. Or gameplan is still in another year or two trying to find a low mileage ~2020 for a steal as a lot of big purchases tank with interest rates etc.
I was curious if maybe that engine was actually a Ford engine, thus the butthurt - I remembered it being in the Lincoln LS (not the 5, a smaller displacement). It looks like it was a Jaguar developed engine that originally preceeded Ford's purchase of JLR, so, I'm genuinely puzzled.

If you know the engine type, Wikipedia usually really good for that, by the way:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New Land Cruiser. It have to figure out how to convince my wife she needs one.

• 1Barf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would like it if it was ICE, or at most a decent hybrid with their new inline 6 turbo. Zero interest in it as EV.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
New Land Cruiser. It have to figure out how to convince my wife she needs one.
It's really neat - My bride is selling the POS defender for the new GX probably but I'm trying to convince her on the Land Cruiser instead. Either is a marked upgrade from JLR and their fuckery

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I would like it if it was ICE, or at most a decent hybrid with their new inline 6 turbo. Zero interest in it as EV.
This.

EDIT: Though I do think there's a good "Who's on first?" routine to be made out of an electric car called a "Charger".

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Apparently it will come with the I6 and as EV, though I didn't see if the I6 was hybrid.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently it will come with the I6 and as EV, though I didn't see if the I6 was hybrid.

Hybrid makes sense both in terms of economy and performance. I just don't know if Dodge has the technical skills and components to do it well.

Siliconemelons

Hybrid makes sense both in terms of economy and performance. I just don't know if Dodge has the technical skills and components to do it well.

Let see if they use the Pacifica hybrid system, or the 4xE hybrid system from the jeep wrangler and grand Cherokee …

or if they make up an entirely new one, and manage to keep making it worse

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
FYI-- update on the Nexen tires that I have been so "so-so" regarding. Realistically, 99% of the driving I have been doing is on roads and highways in dry or rain. They drive a little rough on bumpy roads and are "okay" as performance tires on the highway in winter. They are a little on the weak side in heavy rain. However, in the last few weeks I have used them on slushy roads and highways, moderate smowfall and HEAVY snow (8"-14") of snow-covered roads. This is the environment where they SHINE. Better than the Blizzaks, in fact. Shit, I had a TON of fun cruising mountainous New England roads covered in snow (and highways covered in snow). They are solid as iron on snow-covered roads.

So weird-- they are clearly the most "snow" snow-tires I have ever owned. Yet I still think they are (at best) only mediocre as overall winter tires.

BECAUSE I have to use them when the rest of the world is shut in their homes, they are proving to be invaluable when serious winter is "on."

I guess the best of all worlds would be to have a dedicated snow vehicle if you own nexens... but that's retarded.

• 1Like