What vehicle do you drive?

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Dodge can't do normal cars well.

Dodge can't do much anything, since they're almost all re-badged FIATs now.

Hybrid makes sense both in terms of economy and performance. I just don't know if Dodge has the technical skills and components to do it well.

Well Dodge doesn't have the skills or components since most of the design and key components are oversees origin.

How much do you really think you can trust a newly released hybrid, with Italian electronics, Mexican engine, Detroit assembly, from a faceless conglomerate of failing car makers glued together?

Siliconemelons

I mean fiat really did help them get out of crappy American interiors that GM and Ford still can’t manage to do… so give it some credit lol

as for the rest? Is a Maserati as fancy jeep, or is a jeep a normal Maserati?

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
FYI-- update on the Nexen tires that I have been so "so-so" regarding. Realistically, 99% of the driving I have been doing is on roads and highways in dry or rain. They drive a little rough on bumpy roads and are "okay" as performance tires on the highway in winter. They are a little on the weak side in heavy rain. However, in the last few weeks I have used them on slushy roads and highways, moderate smowfall and HEAVY snow (8"-14") of snow-covered roads. This is the environment where they SHINE. Better than the Blizzaks, in fact. Shit, I had a TON of fun cruising mountainous New England roads covered in snow (and highways covered in snow). They are solid as iron on snow-covered roads.

So weird-- they are clearly the most "snow" snow-tires I have ever owned. Yet I still think they are (at best) only mediocre as overall winter tires.

BECAUSE I have to use them when the rest of the world is shut in their homes, they are proving to be invaluable when serious winter is "on."

I guess the best of all worlds would be to have a dedicated snow vehicle if you own nexens... but that's retarded.
Wait, I thought you had a blowout on the highway with them and were giving up. What happened with all that?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Took my first mini-road trip with the new Tundra. First chance to play with the radar controlled cruise control. It's not shabby. It's definitely not nearly as polished as Tesla self driving but it did the job. It won't change lanes but it does maintain speed and keep you in the lane you are in. Had it self-drive about 75 miles on the highway each way. No hiccups. And unlike the Tesla version, this one is part of the standard safety package so no extra cost.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Wait, I thought you had a blowout on the highway with them and were giving up. What happened with all that?
It would have been over $2000 for the new 18" blizzak set.
They gave me a little off from the original purhase price and did not charge me for the multiple rims and tires blown in the process.
So I stuck with them. No more blowouts adn a few hundred snow miles on them now.

I won't buy the brand again, that's for sure.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
It would have been over $2000 for the new 18" blizzak set.
They gave me a little off from the original purhase price and did not charge me for the multiple rims and tires blown in the process.
So I stuck with them. No more blowouts adn a few hundred snow miles on them now.

I won't buy the brand again, that's for sure.
Did it ever become apparent what caused the blowout? I'd probably do the same as you, but it'd always be in the back of my head while driving. Shitty situation.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm still rocking the Honda Civic but I really fucking want a Toyota 4Runner.

I'd raise that bitch up a few, buy the big tires, put the zombie smasher on the front, the bulky roof rack.

And never use it for any of those things of course

As our Lord intended

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I'd raise that bitch up a few, buy the big tires, put the zombie smasher on the front, the bulky roof rack.

As our Lord intended
I drove in a newer one recently, much more comfortable than the last Gen. I would actually consider it now.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Did it ever become apparent what caused the blowout? I'd probably do the same as you, but it'd always be in the back of my head while driving. Shitty situation.
Well, it seems that the Nexens were one of the few choices for the 19" (235/35ZR19) wheel, because (truthfully) those are bad dimensions for a snow tire. The better, smarter option is have an 18" wheel set for the R. Blizzak won't make a 235/35ZR19.

When they stretched the first snow tire onto the front rim, they cracked it. They didn't notice the crack when they replaced the tire. (2 tires down). Then they replaced the rim and the tire. Then I hit a pothole on the highway going 70mph and cracked the brand new front tire rim and blew out another tire. Those got changed. Since then all has been good.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I mean fiat really did help them get out of crappy American interiors that GM and Ford still can’t manage to do… so give it some credit lol

as for the rest? Is a Maserati as fancy jeep, or is a jeep a normal Maserati?

Have you ever been in a Maserati? Anyone that buys 1 is an idiot, they are objectively worse than BMW or Benz in every way. Build quality, material quality, reliability, tech, you name it, it's worse than the German luxury cars. You're paying for a name and exclusivity, but you are getting a dramatically worse product. They are getting slightly better now, but for the longest time half the switch gear and the entire infotainment system was directly out of a Dodge, not improved or made fancier or higher end in any way whatsoever.

Siliconemelons

Have you ever been in a Maserati? Anyone that buys 1 is an idiot, they are objectively worse than BMW or Benz in every way. Build quality, material quality, reliability, tech, you name it, it's worse than the German luxury cars. You're paying for a name and exclusivity, but you are getting a dramatically worse product. They are getting slightly better now, but for the longest time half the switch gear and the entire infotainment system was directly out of a Dodge, not improved or made fancier or higher end in any way whatsoever.

heh that was my point, I was looking at the mas suv once - it’s literally a kinda nicer grand Cherokee , but you get a trident!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

As our Lord intended
It would drive so terrible like that, but at least it would look good.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Isn't it the same build for the past decade?

Yea same frame but upgraded I guess. A friend has a MY17 or something, interior is relatively uncomfortable. MY24 was much more natural 'truck' seating position. Not sure what they've done but maybe just trim package difference too.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the release of the new Taco and the new Land Cruiser, I fully expect a new 4Runner within 24 months as well. It should be awesome with the fresh motor and transmission.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
My wife has a 2019 4Runner. Last year she was side swiped by a smaller car and the car ended up with 4Runner tire tread marks up on the hood, just above the head lights. Looked like the rear tire of the 4Runner drove up and over the hood of the car. Only damage to the 4Runner was cosmetic with a slight ding in the lower passenger rear door and the plastic ground effects under the door were ripped off. She remembers feeling like she was going to flip, but went up and over and back down off the car instead.....with no structural damage.

The current models are built strong with a bullet proof drivetrain. I hope they don't change anything, but I know they will soon due to pretty bad fuel mileage.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here is a new one. I didn't think stealing headlights would be easier or faster than wheels. Maybe because headlights are easier to sell on the internet?

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WTF! Here is a car in Portugal that had it's doors and hood stolen, supposedly:

• 1Wow!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Here is a new one. I didn't think stealing headlights would be easier or faster than wheels. Maybe because headlights are easier to sell on the internet?
054f3f5e2b121f0866e62a914324bd25.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users