What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked some of the obnoxious grills maybe 3-4 years ago, but that is really jumping the shark above.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The XM starts at $160k so it's mostly aimed at the drug dealer/sportsball player market, i.e. young men with too much money and no taste. It can be optioned to look a lot less gaudy although I'd never call it elegant.

1709197660140.png

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
The XM starts at $160k so it's mostly aimed at the drug dealer/sportsball player market, i.e. young men with too much money and no taste. It can be optioned to look a lot less gaudy although I'd never call it elegant.

View attachment 517059

Who on God's green Earth would pay $150k+ for a new factory BMW? Don't get me wrong, one of the best sports cars that was ever made was the old M3 coupes, and the Z8s are definitely worth 6 figures....but if you are going to spend that kind of cash you can get a used exotic that will hold it's value better than these bread boxes.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Who on God's green Earth would pay $150k+ for a new factory BMW? Don't get me wrong, one of the best sports cars that was ever made was the old M3 coupes, and the Z8s are definitely worth 6 figures....but if you are going to spend that kind of cash you can get a used exotic that will hold it's value better than these bread boxes.
75% of all luxury vehicles leaving the showroom floor are leases which are then written down/off as business expense. This is why none of the manufacturers give a shit about reliability...why bother when the cars get sold off as junk and recycled into candle holders/cheap shovels at Lowe's or Home Depot at the end of the lease.

Same year used Ranger Rover sells for less than a same year Toyota Highlander that I own. Ditto for a base Cayenne or Audi. It's almost as if poor reliability cannot make up for $400 more in (manufacturer cost) interior "luxury" components. To put it into perspective, to get the same level of junk in a Land Rover Discovery that comes in my Highlander Limited? Almost 3x the cost. Does BMW put 3x the amount of engineering or materials in their Land Rover than a Highlander? Not even close...less. 3 year lease is standard. the last 15 months of the lease is pure profit.

Siliconemelons

“Nissan, you and the Juke are stupid to use DRLs as what appear to be the real headlights but they are not!”

“new innovated split headlight design! Wow so wow now that it’s not a Nissan!”

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Insecure young men with lots of money. There's probably a good amount of overlap with the green Lamborghini crowd but don't underestimate the psychological effect of it being new over a used exotic. Smarter money would never buy either.

It's a bit like the original Hummer, it attracts a certain clientele and they pay through the nose for it. That was another car that was talked about way more than it ever sold (less than 12,000 sold over a 14 year production run, plenty of popular cars sell that many every two weeks)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your posse can't fit in a Ferrari!

Also, I don't see any exotics under $200k. The only other option for rappers is Rolls Royce, and I don't see them under $345k+.

It's not really a new phenomenon, when I was looking for a car around 2010, I found a few used BMWs edit: Merc CL55 AMGs that were ~$120k new, but going for $40k - $60k after 5 to 7 years. It might have been on Manheim though, memory is fuzzy.

Edit: Went looking for the car, and it sorta refreshed my memory. It was a Merc.

Last edited:

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
There's something about the way the light hits that blue that I really like. It doesn't seem to reflect light and look super shiny like a metallic, but it looks like it's glowing. Pretty cool effect.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
There's something about the way the light hits that blue that I really like. It doesn't seem to reflect light and look super shiny like a metallic, but it looks like it's glowing. Pretty cool effect.
It's called Shoothedew Blue. It's new.

Rhyming The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sold my Rocket III Tourer and jsut picked this up.

'65 T120 Bobber

IMG_8502.jpeg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still have, and love, my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. I went from a 2013 Mercedes C-300 to this, and I don't regret the change at all. This van is fantastic. And no, I'm not a soccormom. I just love the van.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a Mazda 5 mini van and honestly I love sliding doors. When you have a family and are stuck in the rat race something about sliding doors makes everything easier. They are lame and dorky but day to day its easier.

• 1Like