What vehicle do you drive?

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
That’s going to be a sore butt.
My bony arse doesn't mind a little bit of bumping around - not like I'll be doing 300+ klms on this at a time... it's basically a bar hopper.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This van legit drives better than my Mercedes did. Sure, it's not "sexy" but it's a great vehicle. And the turning radius is awesome. I can easily pull a u-turn with 1 lane each direction. And all the tech shit makes it even better.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My bony arse doesn't mind a little bit of bumping around - not like I'll be doing 300+ klms on this at a time... it's basically a bar hopper.
Yeah, because goin' out drinking on a backyard engineered bike with no mufflers, no speedometer and no turn signals (illegal everywhere I've ridden a motorcycle) is a great idea.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, because goin' out drinking on a backyard engineered bike with no mufflers, no speedometer and no turn signals (illegal everywhere I've ridden a motorcycle) is a great idea.
Speedo is in his crotch. You can see it mounted where the seat meets the tank.

Florida allows hand signals for motorcycles.. last I checked. Don't know where kazjim lives though

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speedo is in his crotch. You can see it mounted where the seat meets the tank.

Florida allows hand signals for motorcycles.. last I checked. Don't know where kazjim lives though
Aussie. And no, indicators were not mandated here until the 70s, so no, not required.
but I’ll be adding some discrete ones anyway.

bar-hopper is a name, not description. Mostly short, local rides… mostly what I do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oops! Although that ditch looks like it was made for that McLaren.

2024-03-03 16.33.39 imgur.com fac5308d24a7.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's quite the tow truck.

It's in the Netherlands so it's all regulated to hell and back. Towing/Recovery is covered under your legal minimum insurance here, so the police just calls an approved towing company and they bill the insurance company directly. I broke down in the middle of the night once, got towed and never even saw the bill.

As I understand it, in the US it's whoever shows up first that gets the job so it's all a bit less organized.

They don't always have a crane but on most of them the bed tilts and slides down to winch the car onto it, it's pretty neat.

1709576798036.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

It's in the Netherlands so it's all regulated to hell and back. Towing/Recovery is covered under your legal minimum insurance here, so the police just calls an approved towing company and they bill the insurance company directly. I broke down in the middle of the night once, got towed and never even saw the bill.

As I understand it, in the US it's whoever shows up first that gets the job so it's all a bit less organized.

They don't always have a crane but on most of them the bed tilts and slides down to winch the car onto it, it's pretty neat.

View attachment 517841
Yar, we have plenty of the flat beds like that and the type I would call if I needed it, but never seen a large crane and flatbed combo around here. I would guess that if a car was in a bayou in the US, it would be considered a total loss anyway (even a supercar, maybe) and yanked out of the water with chains and pullies.

As for how towing works here, it depends on the situation. If the police call for a tow on an accident where people are taken to the hospital or an abandoned car, it's often first come first gets the tow, but if the owner is there, they can request a certain company or tow truck type, if they want. The police will usually know that X car is too low/damaged and needs a flat bed.

It is also up to the owner to pay for towing separately, or at least I have never seen towing included in the insurance price.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yar, we have plenty of the flat beds like that and the type I would call if I needed it, but never seen a large crane and flatbed combo around here. I would guess that if a car was in a bayou in the US, it would be considered a total loss anyway (even a supercar, maybe) and yanked out of the water with chains and pullies.

As for how towing works here, it depends on the situation. If the police call for a tow on an accident where people are taken to the hospital or an abandoned car, it's often first come first gets the tow, but if the owner is there, they can request a certain company or tow truck type, if they want. The police will usually know that X car is too low/damaged and needs a flat bed.

It is also up to the owner to pay for towing separately, or at least I have never seen towing included in the insurance price.
Some include towing within a certain radius. AAA does, but I forget the details.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

That wasn't a tow truck per se. It's a flatbed truck with a lift arm, much more likely to be used to move construction materials.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

That wasn't a tow truck per se. It's a flatbed truck with a lift arm, much more likely to be used to move construction materials.
Do the beds on those trucks extend out and tilt down like the regular tow truck flat beds? In the video, it looks like that bed has moved from one shot to the other.

2024-03-04 13.26.52 regio15.nl 2bee937c94dd.png

2024-03-04 13.28.22 regio15.nl c096bc214ed8.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like