IMG_4817.jpeg

IMG_4897.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That’s near Fashion Island? Surprised the gas isn’t more. Also, that would be Newport Beach not Costa Mesa.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s near Fashion Island? Surprised the gas isn’t more. Also, that would be Newport Beach not Costa Mesa.
Event was at the fair grounds, but we stayed in Newport, which was 2 miles away. Half the peeps were at VEA and half of us got various Airbnbs on Balboa

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jeydax

Death and Taxes

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bought wife a used 22' x7 m50i over the weekend as a 3rd row family hauler/vehicle to tow sports cars/mountain bikes. Good car, great engine, horrific gas mileage. Every other 3 row we drove felt like a floaty boat. This was the best of a bunch of bad choices, if you enjoy driving. Had an allocation for the new Lexus GX, dealer in Tulsa got one in and we went to drive it. Drove like crap, not terribly comfortable and not as big inside as I'd thought. Then drove an LX and it drives even worse (though it's much more spacious). Now, sometime this year I need to get ("need", lol) another track car. I have a friend in Houston who is receiving his Emira soon so I'll make up an excuse to visit that hellscape to drive it. Looks great and price is right, still concerned over dealer network and nitpicky English car ticky tack bs that seems to pervade every single Brit vehicle. Will also look for used GT4 caymans and the like.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Toyota is slipping and the 3rd gen Tundra are having tons of issues.

While shopping for wifes 3 row suv I drove a new trd pro tundra. I really liked it, engine was quick, interior was pretty nice and I liked the way it looked quite a bit. It also was more comfortable than the Lexus GX on the highway (or seemed to feel better at least). Shame it's not up to snuff..

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
buying a cyber truck for your landscaping business? Based and solid business acumen.

Siliconemelons

buying a cyber truck for your landscaping business? Based and solid business acumen.

I know some bros that started landscape businesses and have made insane bank.

He bought it to show off, if you have seen a cyber truck IRL, it does indeed draw your eyes because it looks so out of place.

Reality, if he wanted electric, a Rivian is a much much better actual truck... but it looks like a truck and would not be as good for his marketing.

And all those complaints would be gone...except the back liftgate I dunno.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought wife a used 22' x7 m50i over the weekend as a 3rd row family hauler/vehicle to tow sports cars/mountain bikes. Good car, great engine, horrific gas mileage. Every other 3 row we drove felt like a floaty boat. This was the best of a bunch of bad choices, if you enjoy driving. Had an allocation for the new Lexus GX, dealer in Tulsa got one in and we went to drive it. Drove like crap, not terribly comfortable and not as big inside as I'd thought. Then drove an LX and it drives even worse (though it's much more spacious). Now, sometime this year I need to get ("need", lol) another track car. I have a friend in Houston who is receiving his Emira soon so I'll make up an excuse to visit that hellscape to drive it. Looks great and price is right, still concerned over dealer network and nitpicky English car ticky tack bs that seems to pervade every single Brit vehicle. Will also look for used GT4 caymans and the like.
Navigator with 3 rows.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go for a PDK gt4 if you’re serious. The manual has bad gearing and a weak 3rd synchro. Shame because the rest of that car is a masterpiece.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

He bought it to show off, if you have seen a cyber truck IRL, it does indeed draw your eyes because it looks so out of place.

Reality, if he wanted electric, a Rivian is a much much better actual truck... but it looks like a truck and would not be as good for his marketing.

Also, on the rear view mirror, IIRC it’s required by law.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

Define “made insane bank”

Siliconemelons

Okay only normal millionaire not a 10m plus… generally few million worth is considered well off esp when they had nothing the two i know that have made 2-3m or more the other is easy 6 fig. All were broke and started like a teenager with a mower.

So… normal bank

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not generally into SUVs nor do I need a 3rd row anything but I had a 24 Jeep Wagoneer as a rental and I thought it was pretty good. I liked the interior styling, it had the base 6 cyl which didn't feel like it was outmatched for the weight. Quiet enough on interstate. Navigation is kind of annoying in that it won't let you type on the screen unless you are stationary, not even the passenger.

It's huge though, hood is really high so you can't see the road in front if it's less than 30 feet away from you. Was okay in suburbia but I took it into downtown Miami including a parking garage with narrow, curved ramps and it was like carrying a couch up a stairwell, can't see shit.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user