What vehicle do you drive?

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,485
85,821
I don't have room in my garage. There are other cars in there. Daily has to sit outside.
I consider coming out to a room-temperature car that has sat inside all day to be an important luxury, especially in Texas.

I really do not understand parking outside, for me. I'd sell cars or get a bigger garage.
 
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,582
14,173
I consider coming out to a room-temperature car that has sat inside all day to be an important luxury, especially in Texas.

I really do not understand parking outside, for me. I'd sell cars or get a bigger garage.
I’d like more garage, but my wife likes our house and doesn’t want to move until we stop working.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,492
18,358
I might have to give that a shot. I've been through a few cleaning products for it. One thing i have thought about but it would be a beating would be to deep clean and condition it like I used to do my hockey pads (I goaltended, so those huge leg biscuits). And that was traditional saddle soap followed up with a rub down in mink oil.
Zaino has a leather conditioner that has that pleasant leather scent (link). You can probably find similar products on AutoGeek as well.

One of the problems is that GM/Caddy leather is plastic covered leather, so it doesn't soak in much of whatever you use and therefore wont hold or give off the leather smell for more than a week or two on a daily driver. You could try keeping the "rag" you use just for applying the leather conditioner somewhere in the car though.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,492
18,358
I consider coming out to a room-temperature car that has sat inside all day to be an important luxury, especially in Texas.

I really do not understand parking outside, for me. I'd sell cars or get a bigger garage.
Texans have some genetic disposition to parking outside instead of in the garage. It's probably been a tough fight and he had to keep buying cars until he "had no choice!"
 

Axiel

Trakanon Raider
698
1,507
I consider coming out to a room-temperature car that has sat inside all day to be an important luxury, especially in Texas.

I really do not understand parking outside, for me. I'd sell cars or get a bigger garage.

Bigger yet of a luxury in places where it snows, avoid the cold and needing to brush off.
 

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,485
85,821
Bigger yet of a luxury in places where it snows, avoid the cold and needing to brush off.
1790895877920.png


Unfortunately we get a lot of this too, and if you come out to a car in the summer that has been sitting in the sun, the door handles alone can actually burn you, never mind the seat belts or any metal in the interior.
 
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

I am Big Balls!
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
21,840
90,843
View attachment 642467

Unfortunately we get a lot of this too, and if you come out to a car in the summer that has been sitting in the sun, the door handles alone can actually burn you, never mind the seat belts or any metal in the interior.
Yeah, there's a whole subtle survival skill in Texas oriented around finding where you can park that is either in a structure (covered), or knowing "I'm going to be in this place for 4 hours, the sun will travel so far, how do I park on the right side of a tree so that it shades the car"
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user