What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (2018)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I just watched this finally and holy crap, that ending scene with Rene Auberjonois is pretty gut-wrenching now.

Also, I really want that season of DS9 now....but a question. The action battle scenes in space....were those remastered for the documentary? Because man they looked great and They don't look that good when rewatching the series now.
More so now that Aron Eisenberg has also since passed away and they murder him off in the first moments of their hypothetical season 8. :(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i'm rewatching DS9 and it REALLY holds up well, i usually go in expecting absolute shitty seasons 1 (TNG and Babylon 5 both had meh season 1s) but DS9 season 1, outside of a few weird baseball references, really was fantastic.

There was that one episode where the crew gets trapped playing basically a video game and that was pretty lulzy

also CBS All Access is going to claw back all the Star Trek shows for its streaming service, right now Netflix USA has DS9, TNG, and a few others on its systems but that will probably go away sometime this year. I of course have rips of everything on my NAS but its nice just streaming over netflix when you can

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i'm rewatching DS9 and it REALLY holds up well, i usually go in expecting absolute shitty seasons 1 (TNG and Babylon 5 both had meh season 1s) but DS9 season 1, outside of a few weird baseball references, really was fantastic.

There was that one episode where the crew gets trapped playing basically a video game and that was pretty lulzy

also CBS All Access is going to claw back all the Star Trek shows for its streaming service, right now Netflix USA has DS9, TNG, and a few others on its systems but that will probably go away sometime this year. I of course have rips of everything on my NAS but its nice just streaming over netflix when you can
TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT are all still available on Netflix. It goes back and forth based on revolving and recurring contracts. CBS isn't going to refuse free money and they obviously can't rely on old ST to drive users to their shitty service (people barely subscribe to watch their new shit). The only things not on Netflix are TAS, DIS, PIC, and the movies. Movies tend to be on a separate contract cycle from the serieseses, sometimes overlapping.

The movies (minus all of the TNG movies save Insurrection for some reason) and old series (minus TAS) are also available on Hulu.

Everything including DIS and PIC is available on Amazon (including the OP movie).

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

Well, unless THIS happens:

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The machine learning upscaling is getting better and better. Hopefully we see a fully realized version of this in the not-too-distant future.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would take Netflix owning the rights to Star Trek over CBS/Paramount any day, but I can't see that happening. Assuming we are talking about the whole IP and not just shows

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Some vicious rumors that Seth McFarlane wants NBC/Universal to buy it for him.

Siliconemelons

I think its rather cool how the machine learning is like "I got this" on CG stuff- but "real stuff" it is not as drastic, it makes it crisper some...but not like a re-render like it does on the CG stuff.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hope it happens just so I can see all the fans who talk shit about Seth and The Orville in the Facebook Trek groups I'm in totally meltdown.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
when the mocku-series 'gets' it better than the real thing you know your IP is in the shitter

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Orville is the best Star Trek since Enterprise ended, that is truth.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is it Picard that had an ex-Starfleet officer browbeat Picard over the size of her house in comparison to his while getting high?

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is it Picard that had an ex-Starfleet officer browbeat Picard over the size of her house in comparison to his while getting high?
Yes. She lived in a trailer in the desert and he had the Chateau Picard Vineyard.

He had the white privilege of his father and brother shitting on technology constantly during his upbringing and not encouraging him to be a Starfleet Officer.

I'm not sure if French is proper white though, I don't want it to be. It's only 1/3 of WASP.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Imagine being able to go almost anywhere in a post-scarcity star empire and instead sitting around getting high complaining about your shack.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Imagine being able to go almost anywhere in a post-scarcity star empire and instead sitting around getting high complaining about your shack.
That's Black people, they'll still be complaining in a post-scarcity star empire.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I just started finally watching DS9

it seems to get better with each episode, I loved “Q-less”

one of my favorite things has been the yellow skinned waitress and her amazing rack

3BD25C3C-5758-44C1-A70B-F4A593B54445.jpeg

67034B9E-FEB2-4C3A-9290-D5405FB2A0BE.jpeg

• 1Solidarity