What's going on at Blizzard?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm a "hardcore casual" in that I don't raid other than LFR and mostly play solo, but I play everyday for a few hours.. I've never been hit as hard by "content draught" as most people because I always have things to do or collect or catch up on, but still, this is the first time I've seen Blizzard so ready to deliver new content and planning so far ahead on delivering it...

So far in this Blizzcon, they've said Patch 7.1.5 is coming on PTR this coming week for a release "around the corner", but we also already have the details for Patch 7.2 (includes notably flying, class epic mounts, a new quest zone and a new giant raid instance), but they've even already mentionned what Patch 7.3 is about (Argus). I couldn't be more pleased.

Been reading up over all the Blizzcon shit tonight. Definitely sounds cool and I hope I'll still be interested in playing enough by then.

Patch 7.1.5 (Nighthold) won't be until sometime in January, so 7.2 probably won't be until late March-April would be my guess. There are a lot of improvements slated for 7.2, like making more stuff LFD queue-able, etc. Wish we didn't have to wait so fucking long for that stuff =/

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Very excited but it all feels so far away. I wish the changes to queue'ing and mythic+ were in 7.1.5 and not 7.2 or later =/

I do that content more than anything else so the faults are more glaring.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Patch 7.1.5 (Nighthold) won't be until sometime in January, so 7.2 probably won't be until late March-April would be my guess.
7.1.5 is scheduled for PTR, usually you have 5-6 weeks of testing before live, so we're looking at mid-december for pandaria timewalking & stuff. Then 7.2 hits PTR, another 6 weeks, so we're somewhere in february for Broken Isle/Tomb of Sargeras/Cathedral of Night.

Argus end of march... then nothing for a year until 8.0, of course.

*** EDIT: Removed stupid mixing between Nighthold & Halls of Valor ***

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Nighthold was already promoted as part of 7.1 but is coming later, though I have no doubt that they'll also promote 7.1.5 with it. At any rate so far I don't think anyone can complain about the speed or size of updates (assuming the schedule as laid out is realized). If their new approach to release schedules works out we might get by without content gap this time - although I would think late 2018 for an expansion. If they fill that one-year void with something meaningful it is going to come at the cost of a delayed expansion (which is totally fine with me).