What's this movie?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw a movie on cable probably 10ish years ago. Hell, maybe even longer than that. It was about this guy who bought a book second hand and kept bumping into the author of the book at bars and shit, but I think he was just imagining meeting the guy. I remember liking it at the time, even though it wasn't something I would normally watch. For whatever reason, I always thought it was Blue Jasmin, but I just watched that, and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. And... Blue Jasmin was not good.

Anyway, anyone wanna take a shot in the dark at what movie I really watched?

EDIT: Fuck, I figured it out! It's some other Woody Allen movie called Midnight in Paris. I'll have to watch this soon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm

• 11Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ill hijack I saw a movie about Jim Belushi I think leading a small tank division in WW2 in Africa against the germans. They hold down a Water Well. the only one. Great film. I could google it but shit, lets see if you fags seent it

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I just finished re-watching Midnight in Paris. It was better than I remember, and had me in thought a lot of the time. I'm glad I re-watched it.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
So I've been trying to find this for over a decade.

As a little kid I was flipping around stations and I think I landed either on TNT or USA, and I think it was some goofy bizarre horror movie, like Troll 2 or Phantasm.

There's this scene with these group of teenagers, and they're all crawling around the living room with their body parts unattached but functional, and they're acting like its normal. There might have been some attempt by a dismembered arm to stick a straw into a juice box, but that might have been a Hi-C commercial that ran afterwards that got burned into my head.

I've searched everyfuckin' where to figure out this memory burned into my skull

Caliane

ooph, that ones rough.

sounds very 90's. but, its not clear if its a movie, a tv show, or ad for video game, or hi-c. lots of crazy ads back then..

you think the tone was more fun? like could it have been Eerie indiana, goosebumps, or something?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wouldn't be surprised if it was from one of those shows like tails from the darkside/crypt, or creep show, monsters type horror shows

Last edited:

Szlia

Unattached but functional body parts in a living room only reminds me of the music video for Herbie Hancock's Rockit ! I tried a little google-fu, but to no avail. More info are needed. Were the dismembered teens the main characters ? Why were they dismembered ? Anything more on the plot or setting ?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
place abyss GIF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Unattached but functional body parts in a living room only reminds me of the music video for Herbie Hancock's Rockit ! I tried a little google-fu, but to no avail. More info are needed. Were the dismembered teens the main characters ? Why were they dismembered ? Anything more on the plot or setting ?
there were a few "teen witch" movies in the 90s, this sounds like some stupid curse or maybe something from Hellraiser or a clone of it. its gonna be rough to find as most of those films were low budget and TNT was the shit movie channel for a while because thats all Joe Bob Briggs: Monstervision would show on there.
list of his hosted films

Szlia

Maybe one for Chukzombi Chukzombi .

We are looking for a movie that a friend of mine saw. It did not ring a bell and my Google-Fu was found lacking. What we have to work with :

- Probably a '90s film (or at the very least, probably seen in the mid '90s).
- The plot is based on two people having some sort of (car?) accident at the same time, allowing one to episodically see through the eyes of the other.
- The other is a killer. The main character tries to stop them, helped by the visions.
- At some point, the character burns their hand with a car cigarette lighter to induce a vision.

Any idea ?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

We are looking for a movie that a friend of mine saw. It did not ring a bell and my Google-Fu was found lacking. What we have to work with :

- The plot is based on two people having some sort of (car?) accident at the same time, allowing one to episodically see through the eyes of the other.
- The other is a killer. The main character tries to stop them, helped by the visions.
- At some point, the character burns their hand with a car cigarette lighter to induce a vision.

Any idea ?
that sounds familiar, something Koontz or Streiber would write. gotta think on this.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Any idea ?
i gave it a good search, its just not enough info to go on. is it in english/american or a foreign film? where is the setting for the movie? are there any known actors in it? it does sound a little bit like Dead Zone mixed in with another Stephen King novel. they made a lot of low budget made for cable movies back in the 90s so this might be some little known knockoff. i dont even know if the characters in the movie are male or female or if they are friends or intimate. ive also seen a lot of these typs of movies and the car lighter scene sounds similar to some other scenes.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That sounds like a good guess. Looking at Koontz filmography, it seems it fits very well with Hideaway.
shit yeah, while being a video game and tv/Movie nerd. i am also a book nerd and Koontz has a writing style that sounded a lot like what you described, i just couldnt think of the title. i probably saw that movie or read the book. or it just sounds like something he would write. look at his other titles. youll notice a pattern.

• 1Like