Wheel of Time series

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah I'm actually pretty stoked for this, haven't bought a WOT book on release in over a decade.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
this is going to be my Jan 8th,

get up @7:30 drive 11yr old son to bus stop for 7:45, go back home & call in sick.
@8am tell 8yr old son & daughter to get up/get dressed/go downstairs and eat breakfast.
shower, go downstairs, make sure they are eating breakfast-get them breakfast if not eating, make them lunch(either a sandwich or soup)load up their backpacks.
at 8:40 make sure they have their shoes & socks on, load them into the car, drive them to street corner across the street from their school (it is on the way to work)(same spot i drop the 11 yr old off at) toss them out of the car watch as leo holds traffic for them to cross street to school.
drive to Barnes & noble-which opens at 9am- get book, drive home, read book until 2:50.
goto twins school get them @2:55 when school ends, also get the 11yr old from his school bus stop at the same time (bus drops him off near the elementary school @~2:50) load up car, drive home.
get them snack, tell them to do their homework, read, check/correct homework, read.
@~6:30 make dinner (tuesday will be taco night), play wow with wife/maybe do a raid with some friends in another guild, toss twins in bed @about 8:30 to 9pm.

finish raid/wow time, make the 11yr old goto bed @ about 10pm, go read/finish book. goto bed.

post about book Wednesday.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day #37:

They seemed to be cracks into nothingness. They drew the light in, sucked it away. It was as if he was looking at fractures in the nature of reality itself.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
So...you're not reading it so much as inhaling it?
devouring is more like it. been waiting on the end ever since i found the series ~20-23 years ago, looking forward to and yet dreading,,, the end. but i am going to finish the book in a timely fashion, even if i end up going not going to bed.(done that several times on good books, i just get engrossed and read..until done.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Long time lurker here but just had to share my good fortune
biggrin.png
For christmas i got a bookstore giftcard as a present. So instead of preordering online like i would normally do i went into one of their stores today in a Stockholm suburb to preorder the last WoT book.
I was quite surprised when i noticed they actually had a display out with hardcopies of the book. I feel a bit guilty about it but ofcourse i didnt mention anything to the clerk. Currently finished with the prologue.
Taking it slow since i want to savour it hehe

biggrin.png

Azrayne

biggrin.png
For christmas i got a bookstore giftcard as a present. So instead of preordering online like i would normally do i went into one of their stores today in a Stockholm suburb to preorder the last WoT book.
I was quite surprised when i noticed they actually had a display out with hardcopies of the book. I feel a bit guilty about it but ofcourse i didnt mention anything to the clerk. Currently finished with the prologue.
How do I say 'I hate you' In Swedish?
frown.png

biggrin.png

frown.png

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
biggrin.png
:RAGE:

biggrin.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No ebook version for like 4 months or whatever is God damned retarded. People will make good versions themselves way before that, and it will get downloaded like a motherfucker.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
No ebook version for like 4 months or whatever is God damned retarded. People will make good versions themselves way before that, and it will get downloaded like a motherfucker.
yep and i'll get it as soon as a good one comes out.

i WILL buy the hard cover. and i WILL buy the e-book version, but it is SO stupid to not release it in E-Book the Day it comes out in hardcover.

they want to have the #1 best seller tag though..

and thregin...DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!(jk, you lucky Bastard.)

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I wonder if Jordan's widow will hire a writer to write those novels about Mat and Tuon that he talked about years ago. I would certainly hope that this isn't the last we've seen of this world.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day#38

"We'll remember those who fell, and we'll tell our children how we stood when the clouds turned black and the world started to die. We'll tell them we stood shoulder to shoulder, and there was
just no space for the Shadow to squeeze through."

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im not looking for any spoilers. I have not read any of the books written by Sanderson but I have bought them (they are sitting on my shelf and I was kinda waiting on the last one before making myself go back and read). My first question is the obvious one for someone who has not started the BS books (that sounds kinda funny): Do they live up to the originals and have enough of the same feel and flow? I guess the 2nd is going to be is the last book worth it? Is it worth my going back (and I would have to maybe go back to book 4 or 5 to make sure I got back into the different story lines) and getting back into the series again?

Azrayne

Do they live up to the originals and have enough of the same feel and flow?
They absolutely do in my opinion. I put off on reading them for a while because I was worried they wouldn't, but I honestly barely noticed the change. He does word things a little differently to how RJ would do it, and his writing for Mat is rather awkward for most of TGS, but otherwise it's not an issue.

As for whether it's 'worth it,' that's up to you. I did a re-read last year, and on the whole I really enjoyed it.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day#39:

They stood at the edge of time itself, and still Thom Merrilin found a smile.

Well, unless my guess is totally wrong, this spoiler shows at least one of the main characters making it to the very end!