Wheel of Time

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I miss the days when we had a separate GOT thread for the show. This topic might as well be in the book forum.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget the fact that they were all mounted until they got to Shadar Logoth. Nynaeve was on foot. And, even though she's the village Wisdom/healer, didn't go back after the attack, and also somehow knew the others had left, and was able to track them...somehow. But, it's fine! Gotta leave some stuff out, cuz it's tv, not a book!
I thought her dad was a master tracker that used to take her hunting as a kid. That coupled with her affinity with Egwene via the power was how she tracked them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I miss the days when we had a separate GOT thread for the show. This topic might as well be in the book forum.
Didn’t we have two threads for that at the time? One spoilers and one you had to hide spoilers? I’m guessing this one would have went better if they didn’t shit all over the series. It’s not good, even if you haven’t read the books. Here’s a snippet of a conversation last night I had with a friend who heard this was the next GoT, and he had zero book knowledge.

F718F356-4B49-48AA-99D4-68736AB02C00.jpeg

He also said the Trollocs looked like they were ripped from Power Rangers lol

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I thought her dad was a master tracker that used to take her hunting as a kid. That coupled with her affinity with Egwene via the power was how she tracked them.
It was because she had used the power to heal Egwene as a child of bonebreak fever. And yeah, it was her father that taught her woodsman skills. Instead she's the outlander now!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Showrunners: We love this story because of the intricate world building and interesting characters!

Also the showrunners: Let's change fundamental parts of this intricate world and its interesting characters!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can handwave off some of these changes if the rest of the show is good but holy shit if they change who the Dragon Reborn is then I don't know what to say.

I am 99% positive I read somewhere that the showrunner said they added that bit just to keep the audience guessing so whatever. Let's hope that's true!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

I'm not saying she can't follow some hoofprints. I'm saying, look at the sequence of events. Nynaeve gets dragged off during the night battle (so she can get her solo kill). The party leaves the next morning. Nynaeve is the village Wisdom, it's her fucking job to get back and help with the wounded ( and she's supposed to care about people SO much), but the show skips from the pool kill scene, to her sneaking up on Lan. The party left on horseback. So, what happened? Did Nynaeve go back to the Two Rivers, hear that they left, refuse to help with the wounded, and take off after them? And catch up to them while on foot? Because we see/hear about none of that. Did she just magically know that they left and decide to take off after them and not even bother going home first? Makes zero sense.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not saying she can't follow some hoofprints. I'm saying, look at the sequence of events. Nynaeve gets dragged off during the night battle (so she can get her solo kill). The party leaves the next morning. Nynaeve is the village Wisdom, it's her fucking job to get back and help with the wounded ( and she's supposed to care about people SO much), but the show skips from the pool kill scene, to her sneaking up on Lan. The party left on horseback. So, what happened? Did Nynaeve go back to the Two Rivers, hear that they left, refuse to help with the wounded, and take off after them? And catch up to them while on foot? Because we see/hear about none of that. Did she just magically know that they left and decide to take off after them and not even bother going home first? Makes zero sense.
Oh no I 100% agree about how they did it in the show. I even commented how the fick did she even know that moiraine took the kids and to be mad about it, she got drug off in the middle of the battle.

In the book the sequence of events made sense, the show didn’t.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Oh no I 100% agree about how they did it in the show. I even commented how the fick did she even know that moiraine took the kids and to be mad about it, she got drug off in the middle of the battle.

In the book the sequence of events made sense, the show didn’t.
finals calculating GIF

Arative

Vyemm Raider
In the book they have a pretty epic chase to taren ferry where moraine sinks it and that slows down nynaeve

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Didn’t we have two threads for that at the time? One spoilers and one you had to hide spoilers? I’m guessing this one would have went better if they didn’t shit all over the series. It’s not good, even if you haven’t read the books

I get it. It just sucks that I have to avoid this thread because my wife is gonna make me watch the show either way and I'd rather not know. I was eye rolling at the Nynaeve stuff in episode 2-3 as well but the world is interesting enough and TV is slow right now.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
In the book they have a pretty epic chase to taren ferry where moraine sinks it and that slows down nynaeve

Something so trivial would only slow down Book-Nynaeve. Show-Nynaeve just used her forehead as a flotation device and her braids as a propeller.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From the AMA today, made me laugh.

1637783490163.png

The rest of the AMA

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I rather watch The Shannara Chronicles.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been out of the country so I finally just caught the first episode during a layover.

I never read the books so I don't have that basis to be disappointed. Despite that, it's still not great. The first episode definitely has elements of the SJW woke cult, but it's not shoved down my throat like a lot of shows and, at this point, some measure of wokeism in entertainment is almost unavoidable.

The village defense scene was pretty cool and that's enough for me to watch the second episode, but I may not make it to the 3rd. We'll see.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Was this the point of the great split where Rand ended up with Mat and Thom, Perring and Egwene met Elyas, and Nyneve was with Lan/Moriane? It was a pivotal point because the Fade ends up finding one group and sets up a fucking awesome scene.

yea, If I remember right, this is exactly what happened. I am hoping we get Elyas im the show and the fight with the Fade and Tom.

Overall I still maintain the show is not terrible. Its not great. but its watchable.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity