Wheel of Time

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't type that, but I was going to. GoT was GREAT when it followed that story to the letter. The minute they deviated it went to dogshit.

GoT also took accountability for mistakes they made such as Loras being openly gay rather than just implied. Later seasons they erased the character from the story and killed him offscreen because of feedback that it was unpopular and hurting the show. D&D were better showrunners than just about all of these shitheads behind WoT and Rings of Power et al.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't even remember any forsaken hanging around with/advising the Seanchan except for the one that kills the Empress way later in the series but that all happens "offscreen" or whatever it's called in a book.

But the show is doing a good job of making me want to re-read the books, that's for sure.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well, this last episode was actually decent, probably because it had so little of Egg/Nynaeve. Some actual real acting/story between Moiraine and her sister and Ishmael/Lanfear.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The reason why Rand can fly and teleport during the battle against Ba'alzamon is because it takes place entirely in Tel'haran'rhiod, the Dream World, which is where Bal'azamon was all this time, hence why he kept appearing in the three boys' dreams. He does those things without really knowing how because that's how the Dream World works for some, but what he does can affect the real world because he's the Dragon Reborn and and the most powerful ta'veren of his Age, so he just fucks the rules. Reality bends around him. That's also why he then "wakes up" back at the Eye of the World despite fighting Ba'alzamon in the sky somewhere completely different.
No, that makes no sense. Going into Tel'haran'rhiod in the flesh does not allow someone to teleport around, and if he went there not in the flesh then he wouldn’t have been able to kill the shadowspawn at Tarwins gap (and people saw him there too).

One of the main theories about why Ishamael is still alive after the battle between Rand and Ba'alzamon is that Ba'alzamon was just an astral projection of Ishamael in the Dream World, which he could go to even when he was still imprisoned due to his proximity to the surface, and so when Ba'alzamon was killed by Rand, Ishamael only suffered some wounds.
It never shows him die, I think Rand just ran out of Saidin from the Eye of the World as he was trying to roast him and didn’t have enough to finish the job

Fire filled the chamber, a solid flame. He could see Ba’alzamon withering like a leaf, hear him howling, feel the shrieks grating on his bones. The flame became pure, white light, brighter than the sun. Then the last flicker of the thread was gone, and he was falling through endless black and Ba’alzamon’s fading howl.

Something struck him with tremendous force, turning him to jelly, and the jelly shook and screamed from the fire raging inside, the hungry cold burning without end.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No, he fought baalzamon in both. In eye of the world Aginor and Balthamel appear, the green man kills Balthamel and Rand kills Aginor by channeling from the Eye. He’s then transported (book never explains how) to the battle going on in Tarwins Gap. There he channels more, not really knowing what he is doing and destroys a good chunk of the shadow spawn army. He then sees steps into the air (again, no explanation how or why) and climbs them until he reaches a door that takes him to the room where he had been seeing the dark one in his dreams. He chats with baalzamon, he frees his mother’s ghost (?) and then channels and “kills” Baalzemon. He runs out of juice at the end, falls to the ground, and wakes up back at they eye.

Honestly the end of Book 1 doesn’t make a whole lot of sense given what we learn of how things work in the later books.

Well, that "encounter" with Ba'alz wasn't a "fight" and I was specifically referring to the fight in Falme that was projected into the sky, which isn't in the first book. And I only even bothered to mention it so I could have an excuse to once again shit on this shitty series. The only real reason to post in this thread.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No, that makes no sense. Going into Tel'haran'rhiod in the flesh does not allow someone to teleport around, and if he went there not in the flesh then he wouldn’t have been able to kill the shadowspawn at Tarwins gap (and people saw him there too).

It never shows him die, I think Rand just ran out of Saidin from the Eye of the World as he was trying to roast him and didn’t have enough to finish the job

A lot of the magic shit in EotW is a bit iffy, and ambiguous, and was changed and fleshed out later. Also, this show is ass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
A lot of the magic shit in EotW is a bit iffy, and ambiguous, and was changed and fleshed out later. Also, this show is ass.
You made it further than me, I haven’t even seen an episode due to the casting alone

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You made it further than me, I haven’t even seen an episode due to the casting alone

I watched the first season. I already had an idea from internet shit that it that it was going to be kinda bad, but I like fantasy and I'm not really a huge fan of the story, mostly just the world/lore, so I thought maybe it would be watchable. What I found instead was a show that made the Shannara Chronicles a masterpiece by comparison.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
If he bones a hot Aviendha and rampages against Rahvin at some point, then all is not lost and the fires of heaven can be redeemed

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
If he bones a hot Aviendha and rampages against Rahvin at some point, then all is not lost and the fires of heaven can be redeemed

I am a huge WoT fan, which is the only way I can justify watching this atrocity but you're insane if you think that they'll cast a hot redhead. While typing this out, I went ahead and Google'd to see if the character had been cast. She has. Ayoola Smart

...What the fuck

• 5Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am a huge WoT fan, which is the only way I can justify watching this atrocity but you're insane if you think that they'll cast a hot redhead. While typing this out, I went ahead and Google'd to see if the character had been cast. She has. Ayoola Smart

1694325353131.png
1694325377370.png

• 3Worf
  • 3Barf
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 10 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
...What the fuck

Clearly you're referring TO THAT FUCKIN MOLE! They clearly have a diversity and mole fetish whoever is charge of casting.

I think I said something years ago about them making the Aiel black though.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Casting directors are dyslexic, so when they're told to hire a Ginger instead you get...

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
WTF. Is it this woke shit where the directors deemed that Rand can only have 3 women of different races only?

Colour the fucking rainbow?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Weren't the aiel supposed to be like Irish in the desert?

Wtf is that shit.

To be fair, the Aiel being fair-skinned redheads who also veil themselves and wear towels on their heads while living in tents in an arid wasteland, never really made much sense in the books.

There's a reason why desert populations are dark-skinned.

That said, Rand being white and redhead means they accepted that premise, but now they're realizing that means they have to create Randland Ireland, and that would fuck the diversity quota so they are now Aiel tusken raiders.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
To be fair, the Aiel being fair-skinned redheads who also veil themselves and wear towels on their heads while living in tents in an arid wasteland, never really made much sense in the books.

That said, Rand being white and redhead means they accepted that premise, but now they're realizing that means they have to create Randland Ireland, and that would fuck the diversity quota so they are now Aiel tusken raiders.

It made perfect sense in the books. The Aiel were not indigenous desert people, they fled there after the Breaking. And staying there became part of their culture. There's also a lore reason for the veiling. How does someone who read the books not know this? Didn't finish?

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
U a retard. This completely and entirely disregards history and has no basis in logic or anything human kind has learned in its history. Everything you said is completely, factually, and objectively wrong to anyone that has experience in the matter.

"LOL dark-skinned people come from desert!!!" Jesus christ, I hope you are a dark-skinned person yourself, cause I don't even want to be related to your feeble retardation atm.

• 1Worf

Caliane

This is not actually true.

Equatorial populations tend to be dark skinned. Then, theres population movement. such as subsaharan africans still be black, despite no longer being in the desert, or equator.

Theres deserts that are not along the equator. mongolian desert. mongols are not particularly dark skinned any more then other Asian of the area.

• 2Like