Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Title mostly. I've been floating through various shitty ~150$ chairs for years and I've hated every one of them.

I basically live at my desk between work from home and poopsocking video games and my current chair is gonna give me hemorrhoids at this rate, so I need to actually get something decent finally.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1587401764308.png

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While completely useless as advise, when my father in law died I took his very expensive computer chair and it's pretty good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm in the same boat. I bought two Aerons for peanuts back when the first bubble burst in Atlanta pre-2k, but they didn't last forever. Pretty sure desk chairs follow a simple rule of "cheap / comfortable / durable -- PICK TWO" as nothing I've tried since has worked out for very long. Best advice I can give is look at some of the chairs used by streamers who do their thing for a lot more than 40 hours a week. I doubt you're going to find any of them for ~$150, and the ones who are really popular probably have chairs that cost even more than a Herman Miller at retail price due to being sponsored, but there's got to be some out there who have to buy their own chairs and don't want crippling back pain from their "job". Downside there is most of them seem to use chairs that look like they were ripped out of a riced-up Honda Civic, so if being gaudy as hell is a deal-breaker I'm all out of ideas.

Edit: This is what I currently use: Berkley Jensen Deluxe Mesh Chair - Gray - BJs WholeSale Club ... I won't even try to compare it to an actual Aeron, but so far it has lasted almost a year without any rips or breaks in the mesh (despite my cat's best efforts) and I don't have any issues with the back support. There's something "off" about where my thighs are supported by the front edge though, and it starts to get pretty uncomfortable after an hour or two.

Last edited:

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I literally just ordered this one yesterday.

Not sure how it will be, but i'm sick of cheap chairs.

I'll let you know when it arrives how it feels.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
A lot of streamers use the Herman Miller chairs. They are expensive as fuck tho. They do have 12 year warranties.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm not opposed to dropping cash on a good chair at this point, it's just so hard to wade through the endless sea of stupid looking GAMER chairs that probably all come from the same shitty factory in China.

Aerons for years have been lauded as the best, so maybe I'll just try and scrape one off craigslist or something.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I bought an Aeron last week. It ships June 13th thanks to Corona.

I'll probably forget I even ordered it before it arrives.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yea I'm not opposed to dropping cash on a good chair at this point, it's just so hard to wade through the endless sea of stupid looking GAMER chairs that probably all come from the same shitty factory in China.

Aerons for years have been lauded as the best, so maybe I'll just try and scrape one off craigslist or something.

• 2Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm using a herman miller mirra2. It is the creme de la creme of chairs and has a price tag to match. Luckily I paid $0 as I took it from an office which was shutting down. Their warranty is indeed amazing, I've had a warranty repair done on it even though I got the chair for free.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I bought the Ikea Markus in Faux-Leather a year ago or so. It's a nice chair, especially for $200ish. That being said, after a few hours of sitting my butt definitely feels it.

I think it's a great budget chair, but my next chair will probably be a Steelcase Leap or a Herman Miller of some sort. Notable comfort difference in my Herman Miller at work.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
We used Herman Millers in my office in the USAF. Amazing chairs when you're sitting there for 12 hours a pop. When I feel like spending $1k on a chair, that's what I will get.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Just recently bought HM Mira II as well coming from secret lab Titan. Love the Mirra, armrest customisation in particular has been extraordinary. Really enjoying the chair, though it’s quite expensive.

• 2Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I recommend that you sit in some before buying. That might be hard right now. I’m using a Humanscale Freedom, as that was the most comfortable to me. Look for a local relax the back store if they still exist when things reopen. 15 year warranty.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You see, this is why I love this place. I come here for MMO nostalgia and general abuse and end up finding beautiful shit to blow my money on.

Airia Desk

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Herman Miller embody. Best $1600 ever spent. Can't put a price on something I practically have to live in esp after having back pain years ago. Also max your ergonomics and get an adjustable standing desk like a Jarvis.

Edit: shoulda read the entire thread first. Lots of HM love! All these chairs get great reviews. I didn't sit in my embody prior to buying. No regrets. Love it.

• 1Like