Which MMOs are your fall back games you play?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
GW2 for sure, finally making real progress on some of the ridiculous long quests. The time gated ones are also lame as fuck. They really want people to character hop to get things done and I hate that.

ESO for a while but the companion patch was lame and haven’t been back since.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Eve online. I rarely play anymore. I just don't have the reaction time to play most other games now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
EQ Live was always my fall back MMO but I just can't talk myself into going back to it yet again. Too much money for a really dated game, especially when I just boxed multiple accounts and played it like a single player game anyway. Just can't do it.

I'm trying to cut back on my time sitting at my PC anyway as all the sitting over the last two decades feels like it's really caught up to me. I've played a few different single player games here and there over the last 6 months but aside from that, it's been good to get away from this shit.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Reading all of these comments got me to thinking about my EQ addiction more.

I think my biggest complaint with EQ is the very essence of what made EQ so great... reliance on others. I mean I get it. I loved grouping, and raiding was fun for a while. Now days though, I would prefer a version of EQ that allowed me to complete all content (solo, group, AND raid) by myself on my own time schedule.

I know that's completely sacrilegious to everything that is EQ, but it's true. As I get older, I hate other humans more lol. /sigh lol.. .it's true. Sorry, but it's just true. I find myself wanting to punch the monitor more and more as I get older >.<

I would really enjoy a version of EverQuest that allowed me to choose 3 classes, and have all three of there spell sets/abilities available to me as a single character. It would be insanely easy. You are 100% right. It also would be hella fun being a Warrior/Enchanter/Shaman.

I don't want a mercenary. I don't want a guild that I have to be online on X day and Y time to raid and collect DKP. I don't want to LFG. I don't want to have to see if a camp I am wanting to do is camped by somebody.

I guess... I just want a solo EverQuest because I'm an old angry fuck. Now get off my lawn!

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep wanting to go to live. And I just might now that all my characters have dumped into Vox.

But every TLP just sucks me back in for the first 6 months at least. WoW classic sure gives it a run for its money though.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I keep wanting to go to live. And I just might now that all my characters have dumped into Vox.

But every TLP just sucks me back in for the first 6 months at least. WoW classic sure gives it a run for its money though.
I can relate to that a lot.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Reading all of these comments got me to thinking about my EQ addiction more.

I think my biggest complaint with EQ is the very essence of what made EQ so great... reliance on others. I mean I get it. I loved grouping, and raiding was fun for a while. Now days though, I would prefer a version of EQ that allowed me to complete all content (solo, group, AND raid) by myself on my own time schedule.

I know that's completely sacrilegious to everything that is EQ, but it's true. As I get older, I hate other humans more lol. /sigh lol.. .it's true. Sorry, but it's just true. I find myself wanting to punch the monitor more and more as I get older >.<

I would really enjoy a version of EverQuest that allowed me to choose 3 classes, and have all three of there spell sets/abilities available to me as a single character. It would be insanely easy. You are 100% right. It also would be hella fun being a Warrior/Enchanter/Shaman.

I don't want a mercenary. I don't want a guild that I have to be online on X day and Y time to raid and collect DKP. I don't want to LFG. I don't want to have to see if a camp I am wanting to do is camped by somebody.

I guess... I just want a solo EverQuest because I'm an old angry fuck. Now get off my lawn!
People these days are a pain in the ass.

I was in a guild in wow for a long time. Came back in WoD and doing raiding w/guild. I was always #1/2 on DPS and last on the healing required charts. Guild leader's BIL joined and that guy was clueless. Dead last on DPS and always fucking up. GL gave him loot that was to go to me so he could catch up. But he was just a bad player and no amount of loot fixes that. I wouldn't care if he was at least decent, but he was always fucking something up. Another good class drop that was mine went to him, and I told everyone over vent that we aren't here to gear you three up, then I deguilded and bailed.

GL paid the server transfer for a healer who asked what the fuck did she just get into, then she bailed. A few hours later, the MT bailed. Progression died right then and there. In Legion, I'd run past the old GL and she /ruded me every chance she got.

Then in Legion I was on some LFR raid and people just kept dying and dying over and over for no reason and that's when I quit raiding at all.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I remember the EQ raid where a bell went off in my head, the lights came on, and I realized how shitty it was to wait around for a bunch of other losers like me to show up and get ready and that there were far better ways to spend my free time. If I close my eyes and clear my head I can actually recreate that feeling of disgust and the equal feeling of liberation when I guildquit that same evening. (It was a Plane of Innovation raid, I was never part of a cutting edge guild, and, yeah, that totally contributed to my disgust because we were all a bunch of scrubs)

I went back to EQ years later through Steam and soloed an iksar shaman with a merc up to and past some of the same content the entire guild was doing when I quit lol. I prob played 300 hours on that char just fucking around solo.

I tell prospective hiring managers in interviews that I am a Team Player and work amazingly in a group setting.........

I have several MMOs on my Steam wishlist because I have been thinking about getting back into it a bit, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
GW2 & ESO as both run fine for me without a subscription - I try to login once a day to grab the log in bonus stuff (same for Gwent)

in regards to the other comments, I am in a strange position > I love to play MMO or Games with some permanent Multiplayer link > but I don't want to play with anyone except if there is an easy dungeon finder or even better I can just drag some NPC with me and do all alone.

But recently I learn to appreciate single player games more ... but still the games with a strong permanent multiplayer link I prefer, even if it is "just" like with souls games where you can help or invade.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This is just a comment on cradeg cradeg avatar.... I had to know the answer to this, so I looked it up.... FUCK ME.

What if a Human Could Jump as High as a Cat?​

If humans had the same abilities as cats when it comes to jumping a 6-foot man would be able to jump an incredible 36 feet (6 times their height)!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is just a comment on cradeg cradeg avatar.... I had to know the answer to this, so I looked it up.... FUCK ME.

Yeah it has a lot to do with gravity, weight and muscle ratio. To more line up a Human with a cat just look at the cougar. It can jump 18 feet in the air from a sitting position. That is impressive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user