Which MOBA?

If you were going to sink time in from nothing and get good which one is most worth the time.

• Total voters

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have played each one and I enjoyed each one for various reasons, I will say DoTA2 hurt my brain the most having to fight and control a flying horse for loot but I can get use to it if it is the best one.
I know moba communities are all super toxic but is one less then the others?
Thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Surn

Molten Core Raider
as far as Heroes of the Storm is concerned, its far more casual than the others. If you're looking for one to get good at, and actually compete in, I wouldn't pick HoTS because Blizzard has already admitted that they aren't really doing anything with it and cut the development team down to almost nothing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have played each one and I enjoyed each one for various reasons, I will say DoTA2 hurt my brain the most having to fight and control a flying horse for loot but I can get use to it if it is the best one.
I know moba communities are all super toxic but is one less then the others?
Thanks.

Everyone gets their own courier now and it is auto upgraded to flying.

And the obvious answer is DotA2. It is the only one on your list that’s actually a moba.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Everyone gets their own courier now and it is auto upgraded to flying.

And the obvious answer is DotA2. It is the only one on your list that’s actually a moba.
What do you have against league? Not defending it just looking for all the info possible.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Dota2 if you want to be called a dumb loser faggot that lost the match for the team the first few years you play

EDIT: HoTS is like a "lite-MOBA", it's easier to get in and out of and the games are shorter, less focus on the gear, don't have to be asian APM record breaker

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I play league but only because I know everything about it already. If I was starting over from scratch I’d play Dota.

I say this because I've played it and I found it much more complex than league. That’s also the problem, I hate dying/losing because of mechanics I’m not familiar with.

League is my comfort food.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If you play League of Legends you are retarded. DoTA 2 is the only answer.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sounds like DoTA 2 is the worst community, more information required.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Both are toxic. DOTA has a much steeper learning curve than LoL overall. They core game mechanics are much more complex.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Going to give DoTA 2 another shot, aiming to main the voodoo dazzle guy. Seems easy enough to use.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sounds like DoTA 2 is the worst community, more information required.

If they'd region lock or language lock who you played with, it would be fine.

But no, they took the "you're a racist" official response approach and shove you into games with people spewing all kinds of demon languages and spam pinging.

Smite arena mode is GREAT. The standard moba mode for it is MEH.

• 1Like

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Dota 2 is still the only game that had me legitimately rage flaming kids that I'm sure we're 20+ years younger than me. Good times. I had a lot of fun playing Hots but I did always feel a bit like a pussy playing it over dota. Dead game now anyways.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'd say league, dota 2 takes so fucking long to get even remotely okay at while you can just casually play league with more people on average
if you want hair on your chest though, Dota for sure

• 1Truth!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What do you have against league? Not defending it just looking for all the info possible.

Nothing really :) It was just a joke b/c both communities like shit talking the other. The two games are so vastly different to me that I barely even consider them the same genre. Having started with dota made League seem very dull and boring. But going the other direction and trying to migrate to dota it seems over complicated. Both have their places.

Bump the other thread and get some conversation going. I probably haven't played a game of dota in 2 years and still miss it. But at the time I was very competitive, very drunk, and very depressed. So going back just feels off. But doesn't impact my love for it overall.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
HoTS is without question the best of the moba's. It gets you into the action quicker and the feel of the characters is very smooth, more so than any other moba except maybe league. While the pro scene was nixed from HoTS there is still a very competitive player base and is still just as skill based as any other moba regardless of the bs calling it "casual". The fact is that the skill ceilings on moba's are inherently infinite so there is no such thing as a casual moba. They're only as casual you want them to be. There is no stupid ass laning phase where you have to last hit minions for 15 minutes before you get strong enough to actually be able to play the game. In HoTS games typically last around 20 minutes and there's no getting stuck in ridiculous 60+ minute games. Idk, I've played them all and HoTS is definitely the best.

The most common negative that is brought up about it is that you "can't get fed and carry a game". This is mostly false. While you can't carry as hard as you could in other moba's if you get fed out of your mind, a single player absolutely can carry a game very hard. However, it is definitely the most team oriented of the moba's and there is a significant emphasis on team fighting and fighting over objectives.

Also, the best part of HoTS is that there's like a dozen different maps that are mostly all very well designed which keeps the game feeling very fresh. No repeating the same exact map 10000x over and over.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Dota 2 for sure. That being said I haven’t played dota 2 in a couple years and my life is much better for it. It’s like heroine, best not to know how good it is. I have never raged so much playing a video game as I have in dota2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
My issue with DoTA 2 was that I loved it when I was able to play a shitload with my regular friend group. Not being able to play 5-6 games a night with the same people meant my skills declined. Thus I began to play with the lower ranked, more toxic crowd. Essentially, play a lot or play not at all if you want to enjoy DoTA.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
HoTS is without question the best of the moba's. It gets you into the action quicker and the feel of the characters is very smooth, more so than any other moba except maybe league. While the pro scene was nixed from HoTS there is still a very competitive player base and is still just as skill based as any other moba regardless of the bs calling it "casual". The fact is that the skill ceilings on moba's are inherently infinite so there is no such thing as a casual moba. They're only as casual you want them to be. There is no stupid ass laning phase where you have to last hit minions for 15 minutes before you get strong enough to actually be able to play the game. In HoTS games typically last around 20 minutes and there's no getting stuck in ridiculous 60+ minute games. Idk, I've played them all and HoTS is definitely the best.

The most common negative that is brought up about it is that you "can't get fed and carry a game". This is mostly false. While you can't carry as hard as you could in other moba's if you get fed out of your mind, a single player absolutely can carry a game very hard. However, it is definitely the most team oriented of the moba's and there is a significant emphasis on team fighting and fighting over objectives.

Also, the best part of HoTS is that there's like a dozen different maps that are mostly all very well designed which keeps the game feeling very fresh. No repeating the same exact map 10000x over and over.
Didn't HOTS abandon all development?