Which MOBA?

If you were going to sink time in from nothing and get good which one is most worth the time.

• Total voters

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh no characters turn/move at different rates and can’t 360 attack omg the horror!

Ya I'm not surprised to see these comments from him in light of attacks made on me in the other thread lol. Its a certain type... makes me wonder.... an awful lot.

Anyways, I looked at the updated dota2 roster.

Dark Willow? Dawnbreaker? Hoodwink? Pangolier? Snapfire?

This is not dota. This is cringe.

Just as happy to blow your legs off with her trusty scattergun as to fill your belly up with a deliciously-dangerous cookie, Beatrix Snapfire

Alt+F4'd

Chris

Potato del Grande
Interrupt your gameplay? That IS the gameplay you god damn idiot lol. Each map has a vastly different objective and they only last a few minutes each time they happen so wtf are you talking about? God damn the shit you say is unbelievably stupid.
It was just annoying whem you are enjoying pushing your lane then some wacky bullshit starts happening, like you all have to go into a mine to get crystals or whatever the fuck.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It was just annoying whem you are enjoying pushing your lane then some wacky bullshit starts happening, like you all have to go into a mine to get crystals or whatever the fuck.
So basically youd rather PvE in a PvP oriented game. Makes fucking sense!

Chris

Potato del Grande
So basically youd rather PvE in a PvP oriented game. Makes fucking sense!
No it's the opposite. I was doing PvP (literally attacking other players) then a bunch of PvE objectives pop up (click a bunch of whatever).

You are doing Warsong Gulch then they suddenly turn it into Alterac Valley.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No it's the opposite. I was doing PvP (literally attacking other players) then a bunch of PvE objectives pop up (click a bunch of whatever).

You are doing Warsong Gulch then they suddenly turn it into Alterac Valley.
Ok dumb ass and guess what happens at those objectives...PvP...you FIGHT OTHER PLAYERS OVER THEM. You could also choose to continue pushing in certain situations. There are in fact options.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

When a LoL retard and a HotS retard get into an argument comparing their shitty games :trump:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Learning Dota first, then trying LoL... is like learning to ride a bike, and then choosing to ride a bike with training wheels.

You can do it, but it is going to feel pretty weird and basic.

People that like LoL never played anything but LoL.

1f.jpg

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Learning Dota first, then trying LoL... is like learning to ride a bike, and then choosing to ride a bike with training wheels.

1f.jpg
Dude you're a fucking moron. The skill ceiling in every moba is literally infinite. Dota isn't more skill based it's just more tedious. I bet you couldn't even reach grand master in HoTS.

• 2Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is no group on the planet more toxic and insufferable than the MOBA community. I'd rather give the couch at Games Done Quick a tongue bath then play a game where your team is 4 more Lumis.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
There is no group on the planet more toxic and insufferable than the MOBA community. I'd rather give the couch at Games Done Quick a tongue bath then play a game where your team is 4 more Lumis.
It's hard not to be toxic when you are dealing with utterly stupid delusional fucks tho tbf.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm really enjoying how LoL and DotA 2 are apparently totally different games and not both ripoffs of DotA 1!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm really enjoying how LoL and DotA 2 are apparently totally different games and not both ripoffs of DotA 1!
And Dota 1 is totally not a ripoff of Aeon of Strife. Though truthfully it was more or less inspired and not a ripoff.

Also, if you want to really know which game to play just read about Pendragon and how the Dota Allstar forum community's ideas were stolen. Fuck Pendragon.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

1f.jpg

It's like proper ship building versus building w Lego's. They each have their own entry level of difficulty, but it doesn't mean one's ceiling is lower than the other.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I have played each one and I enjoyed each one for various reasons, I will say DoTA2 hurt my brain the most having to fight and control a flying horse for loot but I can get use to it if it is the best one.
I know moba communities are all super toxic but is one less then the others?
Thanks.
Basshunter has the answer for this

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Only three pages and rapidly becoming a prime example of the shit tier MOBA communities

Last edited:

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Not to get caught in a your game sucks comparision, here are a few details I don't think have been expressed.

League champions are designed for a role, and constrained to it. This limits skill design, but speeds up learning. The gameplay is an on screen skill shot fest, where small pokes and trades/jukes yeild advantages. The map is smaller, and the mobility of champions is far more constrained by what happens in Dota. The league items are largely passive, rarely active.
The hero design lets them make you pay for the cast, because you've always got access to some of these fixed role heroes. Everything happens on screen, even the 5v5 teamfights

Dota heroes are designed to have skills or combinations of skills that are unique. The playerbase and the gameplay determines the roles that work best. A new player has 100% access to every aspect of Dota as a professional who plays at TI. Its skills, bindings, and keys are related to RTS controls more deeply than league. Dota skills have far more range, and a huge part of the game is vision and the abuse of what your opponent can see compared to yourself. Dota has a bit less spell spam than league, but its spell casts do massively - in a league context - broken things. The dota map is larger, and you can feasibly buy an inventory of active items. Which effectively doubles the hotkeys depending on build.

I much prefer the rock paper scissor of a Dota game, and the depth even if I suck at utilizing it. I enjoy access to the full cast and the power of spells. No supports in league have spells that would kill a pos 1 alone. With bad positioning, supports in Dota can. Mechanics like buyback, map size, and items create a very difficult to understand procession of how winning and losing happen, but if you focus on the fun and your own gameplay I enjoy it so much more.

League is a bit of a 5v5 top down arcade fighter, Dota is layer upon layer of skill and counter skill/item. I don't think one is better than the other. But I far prefer what dota offers in the end.

A great game in Dota or league is amazing. A bad game can be ball busting in either. Welcome to the genre.

To be a master of league, takes a lot of APM it is very much twitch. While fast fingers are rewarded in Dota, deliberate execution that takes many fewer total clicks can be explosive.

The strategy layer of Dota is deeper. Both games evolve over time. The rank list of best heroes in a patch is variable, which doesn't matter in dota because you can play anything you may just be terrible at it. Either game is a commitment to constant learning.

Dota has had numerous - amazing systems added in the last years. Talents, level 30, new items, neutral drops. Its in a very fun space in my view.

I have thousands of hours in dota, and probably 500 in league. You'd have to pay me to pick up league again.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's like proper ship building versus building w Lego's. They each have their own entry level of difficulty, but it doesn't mean one's ceiling is lower than the other.
Mmmhmm. Same ceiling.

Show me the LoL equivalent of anything close to Meepo with Blink dagger and other clickables microing like this. This was vs the team that won TI. Theres probably less than 5 pros who can even attempt to fuck with Meepo in competitive and pretty much were all highly ranked Starcraft players like Iceiceice.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Mmmhmm. Same ceiling.

Show me the LoL equivalent of anything close to Meepo with Blink dagger and other clickables microing like this. This was vs the team that won TI.

IDK what I'm watching, but is he individually controlling each of those Meepo creatures?

Looks like an exceptionally difficult micro.