Who do I have to pay for a new Jedi Knight game?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
JK was a great all around series. Combat control with the lightsaber (keyboard legs, mouse arms/hips) is sadly still way ahead of its time even all these years later.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Started playing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II yesterday. As the thread describes I love the Jedi Knight series, but I also really missed old school shooters with massively agile players and generally ineffective weapons. Modern day shooters of slowly moving from room to room and hunkering down to shoot whatever moves in the distance is soooo boring and repetitive. I'm actually surprised that nobody created a jedi knight mod in unreal / unity or whatever. It wouldn't even be that hard to get done before Disney sued you to oblivion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I’m more impressed you remembered you made this thread more than three years ago and bumped it.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I remember the dismember cheat making one of these games even more fun with another playthrough. Limbs, limbs everywhere. Pretty sure the Empire collapsed under crippling debt due to all the Stormtroopers on disability.

What I really want is a modern Xwing/TIE fighter game, hell just remake the old ones, no need to get creative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Started playing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II yesterday. As the thread describes I love the Jedi Knight series, but I also really missed old school shooters with massively agile players and generally ineffective weapons. Modern day shooters of slowly moving from room to room and hunkering down to shoot whatever moves in the distance is soooo boring and repetitive. I'm actually surprised that nobody created a jedi knight mod in unreal / unity or whatever. It wouldn't even be that hard to get done before Disney sued you to oblivion.

doom 2016 and the upcoming sequel are great examples of shooters where you MUST remain mobile and constantly moving, although the weapons are still pretty OP after a while. I haven't played Destiny 2 in a while but they seemed to really transition hard from "hide and shoot" to "move around more or you will get fucked" in Destiny 2 PVE.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
jbu9vqu0for21.jpg

I cant wait to be disappointed by this game

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
It's being made by respawn so there is hope
No multiplayer. Laaaaaame. It may be good for a run through like GoW or something, but no modern era Jedi Knight 2 pvp sucks ass. It wouldn't even be that hard to make, and could print gold.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
No multiplayer. Laaaaaame. It may be good for a run through like GoW or something, but no modern era Jedi Knight 2 pvp sucks ass. It wouldn't even be that hard to make, and could print gold.
The Jedi Knight games were pretty awesome at the time. I remember Jedi Academy quite fondly.