Who do you rely the most on for game reviews?

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I cannot stand the review sites I used to swear by. I am interested in if the game is fun and worth playing. I don't care how much preening or posturing is done unless it fucks up or detracts from the gameplay significantly. I just want someone who isn't a shill or ties politics into their game reviews. I don't trust the sites I use anymore after being happy for years. Let me know who your favorite reviewers if you have a moment. I don't mind long reviews if its worthwhile; I have no other requirements except I want it about the game and not other shit as much as possible.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
ACG is the only reviewer I ever bother with. Otherwise its waiting for people here to post what they think.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
ACG is the only reviewer I ever bother with. Otherwise its waiting for people here to post what they think.
That is a fair point, I should have said besides just reading the game threads here.

Edit: I will check out the Angry Centaur

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Everyone is so fucking biased in PC journalism it's hard to find good reviewers anymore. Let alone all the idiots that can't even play games that write reviews. I just mainly stick to FoH for stuff.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watch Twitch streamers, and make up my mind that way. All professional game reviewers are bought and paid for.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ACG is nice because he gives specific breakdowns like sound, visuals, and gameplay and then demonstrates those areas. He lets you experience those areas for a small bit without even taking about them first so you can form your own opinion and then tells you what formed his opinion. He seems genuinely interested in giving people as unbiased a review as possible

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Sseth is the only real reviewer.

ACG is good. but, even he, along with just about any. you just need to listen to what they say about the game, and compare that to what you want in games. Not listen to their scores or the like.

• 2Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watch Twitch streamers, and make up my mind that way. All professional game reviewers are bought and paid for.
This is a good idea for sure. Any suggestions? A lot of the ones I have tried there is so much pandering to the crowd at the time. I understand the need for it but maybe I need to look for the lesser known ones who don't have to do it so much.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sseth is the only real reviewer.

ACG is good. but, even he, along with just about any. you just need to listen to what they say about the game, and compare that to what you want in games. Not listen to their scores or the like.
Sseth is different than Skillups I imagine? I am unfamiliar. I will check them out.

Edit: Sseth Tzeentach?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Nobody. I know what kind of games I like and I wait for them to go on sale before buying in case they turn out to be shit.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just watched Skill Up's video on Immortals Fenix Rising and it was pretty spot on for me after playing the game.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I just watched Skill Up's video on Immortals Fenix Rising and it was pretty spot on for me after playing the game.

His Valhalla review is spot on and what pushed him to top tier reviewer for me.

• 2Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
For actual reviews, Skill Up and Upper Echelon Games both tell it like it is and will call a turd a turd. ACG I've seen a few of and will probably check out a few more.

For dank reviews, SsethTzeentatch is the king, but Mandalore is decent too for the ones he reviews. I find Girlfriend Reviews pretty entertaining as well for what it's worth.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pretty much just this at this point. If it's mostly positive of worse, no way.

1607408773623.png

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
i just watch a twitch stream for an hour or two and usually have a pretty good idea if its a game I'd like or not. its even easier nowadays since streamers get games 2-5 days before us plebs

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If I'm searching for games to play rather than awaiting a release I'll typically use the average scores on steam, metacritic, whatever. Then I'll watch a video of gameplay to decide.

I don't ever watch reviews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user