Poll Who here hates raiding?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Who here hates raiding?

• Yes I am sane and hate raiding, it is idiotic and boring and doesn't fly in >2000 gaming.

Votes: 74 33.9%
  • No I like raiding cuz I get to watch tv and eat cheezy puffs while a big bunch of ppl get me lewt

Votes: 44 20.2%
  • It made sense in 1999 but nowadays there should be a lot more to it, and I don't mean DDR.

Votes: 100 45.9%

• Total voters

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Zerg raids were dumb back in the day. In the current instant gratification age, they are even more retarded. The reason most games go the zerg route is because its easier to do that for class balancing than, say, making a raid for 10-12 PCs and have it not require stacking optimized classes. My best EQ and early WoW experiences were doing things with a couple groups. It cuts down on the drama and eliminates the need to fill in the body count with whatever retard you can get to show up and hit an assist key or (more often) count to ten and press heal.

Yes us filthy casuals gave up on raids due to the ludicrous time and body count requirements that we no longer have time for, but the young ADD generation is not going to sit around for that shit anymore, either.

What if we had some Dance Dance Revelation to it and give you 10 epeen achievement points and tell you that you are a good boy?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why not just find a late night raiding guild then? If that's what you want to do.

I'm confused.

Well back when I played, on my server there was none, at least at the time. But again, its not something like I sought out hard for. I just wasn't into WoW that much to really care to be honest. It was solo1-60, do few instances and then all you do is raid 3x week. With nothing in between. I did like the PvP though, its all I basically did in WoW. I liked the world PvP at the time, when it still existed when leveling, it added a spice to leveling. And then I thought they did a great job with the battlegrounds too. I especially loved the AV thing. I would play that for all hours when possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Cant play single player anymore. dont know why, but EQ ruined me on single player forever. I buy them, I try them only to realise I could be grinding some EXP in some MMO, lol.

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I don't know why you're even playing an MMO. Go play Bloodborne.

• 1Salty

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you enjoy what you're doing, you make time for it. Raids in EverQuest didnt start to "require" a zerg of people till Planes iirc. You could kill just about anything in EQ with around four full groups.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
AoW / KT? PoSky? NToV? 4 groups?

No. Not back then, anyway.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah I don't know why you're even playing an MMO. Go play Bloodborne.
Solid advice, really. I mean Bloodborne is a better game than any MMO.

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Salty MMOers calling you a salty ARPGer.

I've never played, but now I want to.
I'd much rather play an MMO than an ARPG. It's too bad there's nothing even remotely worth playing on the market currently.

Bloodborne is the best game I've played in the last decade, so I may be a bit biased.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Fixed raid sizes and constant inability to balance classes. That's the big problem combo for me.

In EQ you could drag some shitters and sub max lvls along for rots. Didn't make the mob do any more dmg, have any more HP (enrage mechanic) and no1 cared. Was nice.

Last edited: