Why all the Emulated EQ servers if EQ is free to play?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
The best idea for a TLP server would be to end it at Velious like your customers have been asking for, for years.
I disagree. I think progression servers bring more people back that want to progress than stagnate. I'm sure there are some that would play on that kind of server but I don't think it would be the more popular option. We already have a stagnate option and it gets decent numbers.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I disagree. I think progression servers bring more people back that want to progress than stagnate. I'm sure there are some that would play on that kind of server but I don't think it would be the more popular option. We already have a stagnate option and it gets decent numbers.
I just don't understand why SOE is allergic to money. Add a progression server that stops at Velious with everything a TLP server would normally have, restrict it to gold members, and you'd be printing money.
I mean fuck, if P99 isn't enough evidence, just look at RuneScape which added an Oldschool server because their current game isn't as great as it was in 2007. They did the exact same thing I am suggesting and get close to 12,000-26,000 CCU daily.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just don't understand why SOE is allergic to money. Add a progression server that stops at Velious with everything a TLP server would normally have, restrict it to gold members, and you'd be printing money.
I mean fuck, if P99 isn't enough evidence, just look at RuneScape which added an Oldschool server because their current game isn't as great as it was in 2007. They did the exact same thing I am suggesting and get close to 12,000-26,000 CCU daily.
P99 is a million times different than what you're talking about. How many of those people would rather play a live version where the client and game are easier, on top of having to pay for it? I don't think that would be viable unless SOE did a mac server type deal where it reverted many things. Progression with tokens on the other hand? Yes please!