Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Kylax_foh

shitlord
Morderick said:
It"s evident that this place is a one-minded fortress for WoW.
What a statement.

We come here to discuss various mmorpg"s good and bad. Just because you don"t think your opinion is right, doesn"t mean that everyone is a mindless zombie for wow.

Take a moment, regroup, and think before you post.

Nairbog_foh

shitlord
Blumpster said:
The dungeons in LOTRO are actually fairly challenging. A lot of people are whining and complaining about the difficulty of certain places because they aren"t being smart about things. They just rush in and make pulls instead of using CC and planning. The first really "hard" dungeon is the great barrows and on a lot of pulls you will need 1-2 CCs to pull it out. I"m really scared that the challenges in these dungeons will be taken out because a game like LOTRO isn"t going to attract hardcore gamers as much as other games might.
Can you tell me anything about the size and variety of LOTRO"s dungeons?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Nairbog said:
Can you tell me anything about the size and variety of LOTRO"s dungeons?
Good question. I"ve only heard of the over land stuff. Thats seems like the average stuff. I"ve read about how you can become a mob, which is cool. Never heard about the dungeons. Got any screens?

Rayne_foh

shitlord
Nairbog said:
Did you read my post at all? I"m not talking about comparing their financial success at all. I"m talking about comparing the amount, variety, and scope (New Targonor vs. Bree for example) of quality content in each game. LoTRO seems devoid of variety, like all Turbine games. (and I"ve played them all) Maybe there"s lots of neat content and dungeons out there but I haven"t seen any screens of it. Certainly there are some cool locations, but atleast half the screens are of pretty rolling hills. I browsed through the POI list on the website, and I really hope that"s out of date, because it seems very limited.
Yes, I read it. You want to compare two games point by point. And i"m telling you its not possible. Think about it. Who really gives a shit how much, the variety, or the scope of content in Vanguard, when the IP is largely an unknown? Do you think the general populous of today"s genre really gives a rats ass about Brad McQuaid, Vanguard, or even EverQuest for that matter? Even after you factor in its hardware heavy requirements, bugs, and incomplete content features? Hell no they don"t. Most of them would look at you sideways and say, "Brad who?"

Thats the point. Vanguard could fall all over itself spewing content from every orifice. But when other games, which run much smoother on current hardware, and are far more polished are either already available or soon to be released, it won"t make a bit of difference.

Bolero_foh

shitlord
Morderick, I played and enjoyed VG, but your post goes to far to excuse the problems that it currently has. I played two characters above 30 and seriously gave VG a chance. Parts of VG were fantastic, but the bad will always overshadow the good. Go ahead and look at my posting history and you will see that I defend VG more than bash it.

VG has serious problems and you aren"t doing anyone a favor by glossing over them.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Draegan said:
All you"re doing is making excuses. But as long as you feel you"re getting your money"s worth. Shrug.

And travel times were horrendous.
I will give you that. It can be horrendous if your bound in a fucked off place. I am bound by Arena of Zaraj, with a teleporter 2 minutes away. So i can be on any continent within 5 minutes.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Twobit Whore said:
Meh. I see where you"re going with those. I"d rather see someone shotting their own monitor in a dungeon rather than an artistic hi-res screenshot.

kcxiv said:
I will give you that. It can be horrendous if your bound in a fucked off place. I am bound by Arena of Zaraj, with a teleporter 2 minutes away. So i can be on any continent within 5 minutes.
That"s a smart idea. They should of given druids "Moonwell" from SojournMUD.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
Draegan said:
Meh. I see where you"re going with those. I"d rather see someone shotting their own monitor in a dungeon rather than an artistic hi-res screenshot.
I will say that when I beta"d LOTRO I was able to run a max everything and it was stunning to look at, however that is subjective because it is my opinion and not yours

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Aphextwin said:
I will say that when I beta"d LOTRO I was able to run a max everything and it was stunning to look at, however that is subjective because it is my opinion and not yours
Yeah, the entire point is those "artistic hi-res" screenshots are achievable on a much more common system than a comparable image from Vanguard.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Aphextwin said:
I will never disagree with the art works and the graphics because I beta"d the game a while back with everything on high. I was interested in dungeon shots just because I havn"t seen that artwork yet or how they set them up. I said a few pages back that LOTRO has the best graphics of an MMO I"ve seen so far. Then again that might change when I see AoC in Dx10 SLI. Tabula Rasa looks good too.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Of course it all depends on what you mean by "dungeon". Many things can be a dungeon in an MMO, even outside areas. Castles, caves, ruins, etc.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I use the word dungeon loosely. Basically an area designated as group content that has a purposeful structure and an ultimate goal like a boss, named, loot etc.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
Twobit Whore said:
Yeah, the entire point is those "artistic hi-res" screenshots are achievable on a much more common system than a comparable image from Vanguard.
I see what you are saying, had a senior moment there for a second or two. I would have to agree with you, from my experience of course