Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Ham n Cheese said:
Well I"m still trying to log in. Right after I verify all files and click play I crash now. Never happened before, just started today after my most recent crash post-patch
I know you probably already did but... did you try deleting the content of the game"s Caches folder?

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Nino said:
I empathize with you greatly and wish there was more I could do. We know we still have some bugs like this that are pissing people off and our response times are unacceptable. To be perfectly honest, I think some of the tools needed by the GMs to resolve certain issues are not functioning properly. I also know people are working as hard as they can to get them the tools to be effective, and way more efficient as rapidly as possible. I abhor crappy customer service, and feel bad that people are having difficulties. I"m not trying to make up a weak excuse, but we are experiencing growing pains and well, this is our first project and rookie mistakes are being made. It won"t be long before these types of issues are behind us, please hang in there and I will endeavor to exert whatever influence I can.
I don"t mean to argue or put this on you Nino, but as you say this is your first project. Am i wrong in saying that your customer service manager was the CS manager from EQ? How can he be this clueless he has done this for YEARS? Serisouly what do they think is higher priority than death and corpse bugs? What can possibly be more important that they do not accept these petitions?

Bongk_foh

shitlord
I truly find it hard to believe the GM"s do not have a summon command. My disciple has one make a dsc GM and summon me to my tomsbston in the sky and than to the ground... yes i am upset and venting. I know. I know....

And I really don"t want to or mean to rag on Nino he has been nothing short of great on game issues. This was in no way meant as a rip or jab at Nino.

Obtenor said:
Well, I"m starting to see some color in the last one.

But the other screenshots? totally horrible with all the brown. I"ve said it since day 1, I hate games that are all shades of brown.
Brown hating was so 2004. Find something new to gripe about. Ever see the Kojan continent? Haven"t picked up retail due to workload so I don"t have SSs, but it was beautiful in beta. Maybe someone can post some.

Why any of these going-ons are a surprise to anyone is a mystery to me. Why even bother getting pissed with the game breaking bugs, the server issues, the performance issues etc. Why ?

I could see if these guys were senior in the game industry and did all this before but come on, give these guys a break.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
The Hiram Key said:
Why any of these going-ons are a surprise to anyone is a mystery to me. Why even bother getting pissed with the game breaking bugs, the server issues, the performance issues etc. Why ?

I could see if these guys were senior in the game industry and did all this before but come on, give these guys a break.
not pissed about any of that. Pissed about zero customer service.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ayeshala said:
I know you probably already did but... did you try deleting the content of the game"s Caches folder?
Yeah I did that. I was even being stubborn and not reverting to default setting to avoid myself the headache, but I just did that and I still can"t log in. Sooooo annoying

r.gun_foh

shitlord
xregg, I hate you.... lol... 100+ fps, gotta be kidding me?!

I know you"ve probably said this before, but whats your rig like?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seriously post your setup and your settings asap. Game looks great with very good fps. Jesus I can"t imagine.

I turned my clip plane down a little bit and my fps jumped 15, things really far away are a bit foggier now but i"m fine with that now.

xregg_foh

shitlord
Indoors I get sick insane fps and then when i step outside they are cut in half /shrug Even though i get framerates over a hundred in a lot of situations in some areas i get some strange stuttering thats a bit annoying. I hope they fix and adjust the engine it really is a great looking world

I know nothing about building computers most I have ever done is add ram and change a graphics card so I opt for alienware computers. This is my 3rd alienware and have had nothing but good experiances with them. Though i would like to try an overclocked falcon northwest next time around.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
VG seemed to have really good z-occlusion (or whatever the hell it"s called, I"m no expert). Like, if you were inside a building or in a dungeon or even behind a wall, the game seemed to do an excellent job of not wasting cpu/gpu cycles drawing everything behind it. Which is why framerates indoors improve so much. Some areas this seemed to be bugged though, because you"d look in a certain direction when standing outdoors, and the frame rate would plummet. Noticed it a lot around Tursh, and I think it"s because it was drawing the Zihurr ant cave, even though you couldn"t see it.

Still though, stop making me want to purchase a copy of VG and an 8800GTX, fucker.

xregg_foh

shitlord
If you really wanna see what this game can look like you HAVE to get an 8800gtx . I cant see anyone getting over a 100 fps running 1680x1050 high quality with x4aa and x16af with a lesser card in this game. Also Vanguard and EQ2 are the only games out there that seem to push this card.

Everything else from Oblivion to Company of Heroes doesnt even make it sweat at full blown max. I guess the true test of this card will be when Crysis comes.

Vorph_foh

shitlord
The idea that there"s someone out there with an X6800 who hasn"t overclocked the hell out of it makes baby jesus cry like a little bitch. That"s the only reason the cpu even exists. :/

xregg_foh

shitlord
yeah the graphic engine needs soem tweaking for sure ham. I think things will get better in the coming weeks I hope.

what kind of procceser ya using ham?