Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Duppin_sl

shitlord
The Hiram Key said:
Why any of these going-ons are a surprise to anyone is a mystery to me. Why even bother getting pissed with the game breaking bugs, the server issues, the performance issues etc. Why ?

I could see if these guys were senior in the game industry and did all this before but come on, give these guys a break.
Shill.

BTW, servers are down, five minute warning. Someone must"ve been sploiting.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
xregg said:
yeah the graphic engine needs soem tweaking for sure ham. I think things will get better in the coming weeks I hope.

what kind of procceser ya using ham?
An opteron 165. I have a series that can be overclocked I"ve just been too lazy to do it yet. Also Cuppy in open areas with stuff turned down below I"d like it I get about 40 fps. In groups I get low low 20s, sometimes in the teens (even in dungeons). I like the whole "dark" area, but sometimes no lighting on the mobs or anything is annoying.

ps flamehammer just went down. 5 minute working before they brought it down for an unscheduled patch

Vorph_foh

shitlord
xregg said:
Vorph i wouldnt even know where to sstart when it comes to overclocking lol
Yea, I wasn"t making fun of you. I just think it"s damn near deceptive practices to sell a X6800 in a machine for normal users. On the other hand, it"s been a couple years since I"ve seen an Alienware myself, so I have no idea what sort of tweaking the motherboard bios they use allows.

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
Ellsworth said:
Is it possible you guys could stop breaking tables and post thumbnail links to larger images?

Please?
Does it really bother you that much? I think its been stated a few times here that its okay to post images at their full resolution. I"d rather not upload my images elsewhere - its better to upload here and they don"t give the option to have them viewed as thumbnails here.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Duppin said:
Shill.

BTW, servers are down, five minute warning. Someone must"ve been sploiting.
I just hope they haven"t noticed that Adrid isn"t soulbound -- the only twinkable uber weapon in game right now (considering current player levels) ;p

Ellsworth_foh

shitlord
Cuppycake said:
Does it really bother you that much? I think its been stated a few times here that its okay to post images at their full resolution. I"d rather not upload my images elsewhere - its better to upload here and they don"t give the option to have them viewed as thumbnails here.
It does really bother me, but I"ll live. This is one of the few boards I frequent which it isn"t considered bad etiquette to break tables.

[timg] tag doesn"t work to thumbnail something? [edit: no, it doesn"t. I wish there was a "thumbnail this img" option when uploading a file. also, i didn"t realize there was hosting for images directly via foh. thanks so much, you guys rock.]

I"ve never tried to post something here. I have a wide screen monitor and run at 1920x1200 but I rarely if ever maximize firefox since nothing is designed for that resolution on the interweb. most things are designed for 10x7 or something else ridiculously small, so i have a way of using my screen which doesn"t include full screen browser mode. I"m just being stupid internet police though. It does drive me crazy, but if its too hard to do, then just ignore me.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I"m waiting on servers I am looking to OC my 165.

here"s my mobo:Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
here"s my ram:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

i went to:Overclocking, Stress Testing & Benchmarking Tools - AMD Forumsto get the software I would need, but I don"t really have a clue what I should be entering in the A64 MemFreq program as for dram freqency and really had no idea what to enter for the a64 tweaker. anyone able to lend me a hand?

The tag doesn"t work ellsworth because we"re using the uploader, which gives you no control over the images as far as I know

Vorph_foh

shitlord
xregg said:
Is it an easy task or something only tech guys should fiddle with?
I did a little digging and this is what I came up with from a review site --

We were eager to see how the Area-51 would cope when it came to overclocking, especially given the fact that the Area-51 offers BIOS-based system tweaking, unlike the disappointing Dell.

Unfortunately, the Area-51 coped very poorly indeed, with most of the blame lying with the passive cooling on the motherboard"s chipset and VRMs. Situated just above the baking GeForce 7950 GX2, the passive Northbridge heatsink was painfully hot to touch and, as all of the motherboard"s heatsinks are linked with a heatpipe, this heat is effectively being dumped on the VRMs, which isn"t good news for stability. The Area-51 started to flake out in our tests when we tried to raise the FSB any higher than 275MHz (a CPU speed of 3.03GHz). We would suggest that the optional 120mm side fan is a necessity if you plan on serious overclocking.

At 3.03GHz, the Area-51"s overall score increased from 1.94 to 1.98, but when it comes down to it, this is nowhere near what you should expect from an X6800. James managed to hit 3.66GHz when we reviewed this CPU.

Furthermore, you should be able to raise the multiplier of the X6800 to 12, but the Area-51 BIOS limits the CPU to a multiplier of 11, which is like buying a Ferrari with a speed limiter.
So I"d say you"re getting into tech territory there, as it"s not just a simple "change the bios and reboot" thing, and a 3.03GHz oc (stock is 2.93GHz, heh) isn"t worth it. If you were looking at a possible 3.5-4.0GHz oc, I"d say you should look into it.

I kind of doubt you"ll be saying to yourself that you wish your machine was faster any time soon, anyway.

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
Ham n Cheese said:
The tag doesn"t work ellsworth because we"re using the uploader, which gives you no control over the images as far as I know
Yeah, it doesn"t let you control anything when you use the uploader. There is an option or a mod that will make every image file attached using the uploader display as a thumbnail - but that is something Req would have to add if he even wanted to. Sorry Ellsworth.